Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Wed 27th Jan 2021 18:00 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So Frank has some decisions to make here.

We can expect the obvious return of Mendy, Silva, Chilwell and probably Rudiger. 

Am guessing Kante is out, is a midfield of Gilmour and Mount physically strong enough?

Can you drop Tammy after he scores a hat trick?

Is James going to start 4 games in a week and a half?

Will Timo keep the role partnered with another forward?

What system is used?

Honestly I don't know what would work best. I have a hunch we change the whole back 4 for this game:

Mendy

Azpi

Silva

Rudiger

Chilwell

After that if it is a 4-4-2 I think we are too exposed if we start Ziyech and Pulisic out wide. We could play James on the right and CHO on the left, i would expect him to offer more defensively that the other 2.

James

Gilmour

Mount

CHO

Werner

Abraham

Or if 4-2-3-1 could he ask James to be the muscle as he was for Wigan?

James

Gilmour

Mount

Werner

CHO

Abraham

I guess as it is the same personal you can switch it easy enough. Lose James crosses but gain a midfield tank...hmm... 

Edited by axman2526

"They looked good in training"  said the new gaffer.....

Kepa

Azpilicueta     Rudiger     Christensen    Emerson

Jorginho  Kovacic  Kante

Ziyech                                                     Pulisic 

Werner

1 hour ago, Fruity66 said:

Personal opinion Pulisic shouldn't start, let's play CHO on his actual wing for once. Pulisic atm seems to over complicate everything. Kept trying to beat the Luton right back and was tackled far too many times.

I agree. Pulisic has been poor recently, and CHO deserves to start over him.

7 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I would still like to know who’s in charge for this match that’s now just over 48 hours away. Petr? Flo? Mason Mount?

I was wondering the same. Even if the new manager is confirmed before the game it is unlikely that they will have to time to prepare for this game with the squad. Is there somebody tasked with caretaker responsibilities?

Hmm one way or another I expect Tuchel will be picking the team so either a standard back 4 or a possible but unlikely back 3

Kepa

Azpi

Silva

Rudiger

Alonso

Jorginho 

Kovacic

Havertz

Pulisic

Giroud

Werner

Or

Kepa

Christensen

Silva

Rudiger

Azpi

Kovacic

Jorginho 

Alonso 

Havertz

Giroud

Werner

Not a simple situation to deal with. We currently are fighting for every point and meeting Wolves isn't a good option. The experience must come here, players especially our academy players must give everything to make a proper farewell to Frank Lampard. This game has to be for him only, success or not, he's our f**king legend.

---------------- Mendy --------------

James --- Zouma -- Thiago Silva -- Chilwell

------- Kovacic ----- Mount --------

Ziyech ----------------------------- Hudson Odoi

--------------- Werner ----------------

-------------- Abraham -------------

Play 4-4-1-1, interesting who will be on the line.