Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Sun 28th Feb 2021 16:30 GMT

16 hours ago, goose said:

Just shows how far this game has fallen when people think this was a penalty. Someone running away from goal and his arm comes in contact with the opponents arm and lightly brushes the ball not causing it to deviate in anyway. Also absolutely no intent.

I know this has been given under new laws but it’s just total sh*t and I don’t want to see it. We have maybe got similar penalties ourselves but trust me I don’t want to see it and wouldn’t expect it.

Totally agree why should a potentially game winning penalty be given for an incident that if occurred just a few feet away would most likely not even been mentioned at all.  I know the rules, but common sense should be used and was.  The rule makers are constantly trying to make every rule black and white when it's not.  I don't remember the hand ball rule ever really being and big issue 10 years ago, yes there where the odd iffy decisions but the refs mainly went with what the felt rather than some check list that doesn't take into account the situation or any common sense.  Refs using some common sense, something that's been missing in the Man Utd matches for a while.

maguirebatshuayi1802.png

cesar-azpilicueta-harry-maguire-hulk-hogan_4n13il3nlrei10l4jh3h1nxkc.jpg

10 hours ago, Wearyourblue said:

I am counting CHO as RWB.."

How do you reconcile Reece James ? He’s an exceptional talent and I don’t think he’ll be happy not starting, especially as I think he would have every right to consider himself the better option ? 

Football opinion divides like nothing else, but I personally think that RJ offers so much more.

I don’t believe that cho’s defensive awareness or abilities are anywhere near good enough to be considered a proper wing back, he switches off too often, ball watches and forgets he has defensive responsibilities - was yesterday’s ice pack a face saving smoke screen ? 

9 minutes ago, Paddy said:

How do you reconcile Reece James ? He’s an exceptional talent and I don’t think he’ll be happy not starting, especially as I think he would have every right to consider himself the better option ? 

Football opinion divides like nothing else, but I personally think that RJ offers so much more.

I don’t believe that cho’s defensive awareness or abilities are anywhere near good enough to be considered a proper wing back, he switches off too often, ball watches and forgets he has defensive responsibilities - was yesterday’s ice pack a face saving smoke screen ? 

I’d love to see James tried out on the right hand side of the 3, what do we have to lose?

1 hour ago, Wearyourcolours said:

I’d love to see James tried out on the right hand side of the 3, what do we have to lose?

I don’t think your suggestion should be dismissed out of hand, but we potentially lose as much as we might gain ie a top quality player who can genuinely play at right back or wing back and I’m not sure that he could or would want to play in that position?

I’ve said before that it’s easy to be blasé with someone else’s money, but if the club is serious about eating at the top table then we have to have a squad of players of pedigree who consistently turn in 8/10 performances week after week - Silva is a short term sticking plaster and Dave is 32 at the start of next season - RA needs to splash the cash I’m afraid - hopefully he will let TT be involved in identifying the players needed - and the players needed aren’t exclusively defenders or centre backs either btw.

Manchester United pair Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Luke Shaw have escaped FA sanctions despite appearing to question the integrity of referee Stuart Attwell.

English football's governing body has ruled that the United head coach and left back have no case to answer for their controversial comments following Sunday's goalless draw at Chelsea.

f**kin bastards

11 minutes ago, mojo said:

In defense of United fans they have been spoilt rotten for majority of their footballing lives of every decision under the son going in their favor, the moment they sense a 50/50 call go against them they cry foul.

Compare that to ourselves, if by miracle we get a decision in our favor we start discrediting the result due to a lucky call etc. favorable decisions are the absolute norm at Old Trafford and Anfield.

On 01/03/2021 at 14:48, Paddy said:

I don’t think your suggestion should be dismissed out of hand, but we potentially lose as much as we might gain ie a top quality player who can genuinely play at right back or wing back and I’m not sure that he could or would want to play in that position?

I’ve said before that it’s easy to be blasé with someone else’s money, but if the club is serious about eating at the top table then we have to have a squad of players of pedigree who consistently turn in 8/10 performances week after week - Silva is a short term sticking plaster and Dave is 32 at the start of next season - RA needs to splash the cash I’m afraid - hopefully he will let TT be involved in identifying the players needed - and the players needed aren’t exclusively defenders or centre backs either btw.

I'm a bit late to the party but feel the need to chime in with my two pennies worth here.

It was performances in the hybrid RCB role at youth level that elevated Reece to star prospect in the first place. I can understand why TT is playing safe with Azpi currently but if this formation is going to be used next season onwards then Reece has to be utilized there for me.

On 06/03/2021 at 18:32, Argo said:

I'm a bit late to the party but feel the need to chime in with my two pennies worth here.

It was performances in the hybrid RCB role at youth level that elevated Reece to star prospect in the first place. I can understand why TT is playing safe with Azpi currently but if this formation is going to be used next season onwards then Reece has to be utilized there for me.

I can imagine that we'll see him already this season there at times. Obviously less likely within the AAAmatches bar injuries but Azpi can't play each and every game. But TT should have a pretty good idea about Reece by now and is indeed trusting him so far as he plays him quite constantly (in a different role/position of course). So in case Dave needs a rest and CHO is a good starting option in a specific match plan I see little reason why he shouldn't be an option. Could be Christensen as well though if Thiago is back in the mix.