Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Sun 28th Feb 2021 16:30 GMT

coco

Really tough game this one but at least its at our shop and Pogba will be out, if that matters. They have an easy europa league tie so they will be rested. Still that doesn't always mean much.

Regarding our team I don't see Giroud playing two games in a row, Mount and Jorginho might as well play since they are of CL

I don't see much reason to change the defence except I still tempted to play chiller. Whether you might play kante instead of kova is open. The reason would be to keep Kova  fresh I guess.

Werner is playing  a lot and ideally you'd give him a break but clearly this is not the game. Maybe its a chance to give havertz/werner a go up front. I want to stay with cho at wing back.Tough with these hard games coming one after another.

I know the weak spot of our game is still the final third, but you know what, I'm seeing some creeping progress. It was never going to explode against Atletico, in constant worry of a counter attack, but mainly Werner showed some really good turns and movements. And we've actually been pretty efficient with our chances since Tuchel arrived. It's very good to approach this progression from a place of defensive solidity, so yeah, thinks are looking bright.

As to United:

- 5 days rest aren't too bad for this season's standard, so I reckon we can pick our best team

- I'm kind of eager to see all of Pulisic & Havertz & Ziyech play, but Mount and Werner have played a massive role in our performances recently and I can't see us dropping either. For those guys to come back in it would be much more fortunate if we didn't exclusively face strong opponents in the next weeks. Leaves space for one of those 3 to come in for Giroud, I'm leaning towards Havertz. The others can be super subs

- man it would be nice to have 5 subs in the prem

- Please give Chilly another go at LWB

- I kind of fancy Kanté against Utd. I'm really torn und usually end up regretting diverting from Jorginho-Kovacic, but I feel like it could be his type of game.

--------------Werner----Havertz-------------

Chilly----Mount---Jorginho---Kanté----CHO

------Rüdiger----Christensen----Azpi--------

--------------------Mendy-------------------

Our win against Atletico gives us a huge boost of confidence. We have a good chance to stop our opponent for the top 4 challenge and climb to top 4.

----------------- Mendy ----------------

-- Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger -

Hudson Odoi - Jorginho - Kovacic - Chilwell

---------- Mount --------- Werner -----------

------------------- Giroud --------------------

Maybe putting Kante next to Jorginho might be a better option to stop Bruno Fernandes.

With the same spirit, performance, motivation we will get 3 points here, we have the quality and ability to do it. 

COME ON CHELS!!!

I think the match against Utd will be a draw.

They have so many dangerous forwards even if we are dominating they are likley to put at least one past us. 

Good vibes from yesterday to take into the Utd match and will be interesting to see who TT picks.

Was watching his post match and he explained why Giroud was not picked for Newcastle so knowing they look at each match tactically you know it will be a little less predictable. 

The result last night will have given the team a huge boost of confidence, so I'm feeling pretty good about the game. I'll be surprised if we don't win to be honest... That United team is pretty poor and they're punching way above their weight at the moment.

We just need to take the game to them and we should walk away with 3 points, we are a better team than United. Our squad depth is incredible really and I don't think playing last night would affect us physically. Havertz can come in for Mount, Kante, Abraham, Pulisic, Ziyech, James, Chilwell, Silva, etc. Incredible depth.

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

Spuds away? Atletico away?

It was a joke because every game we always get that comment lmao, I couldn't resist. 

But in all seriousness, this is a very hard game. I thought Lampard got a great result against them early in the season and learned from his mistakes, you can't let United break you on the counter. 

I really hope and pray we beat United, we have the squad to do so but we need to start with Giroud each game going forward as the main striker.

They are the team that annoy me the most for some reason (just always jammy), especially that stupid 'suck the thumb' celebration from Penandes.

Edited by Malcolm9

6 minutes ago, Slojo said:

This is the first real test for Tuchel. 

Not sure if you're joking around or not but I think last night was Tuchel's first big test and he passed with flying colours. I'm sick of us not beating Man Utd so I'd LOVE it if we f*cking smash them.

Maguire f*cking pisses me off too.

image.png.7ca929d48e69dd0fd31cb0bf456179e7.png

image.png.d5314ea1f973b54f1e57c64ab0acae83.png

Be nice if Mount could nutmeg him and leave him flat on his arse. Prick.

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Not sure if you're joking around or not but I think last night was Tuchel's first big test and he passed with flying colours. I'm sick of us not beating Man Utd so I'd LOVE it if we f*cking smash them.

Maguire f*cking pisses me off too.

image.png.7ca929d48e69dd0fd31cb0bf456179e7.png

image.png.d5314ea1f973b54f1e57c64ab0acae83.png

Be nice if Mount could nutmeg him and leave him flat on his arse. Prick.

You know full well we're not going to be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to referee decisions against United. 

I want to beat those c**ts so badly though, Maguire especially the total c**t. 

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

It was a joke because every game we always get that comment lmao, I couldn't resist. 

But in all seriousness, this is a very hard game. I thought Lampard got a great result against them early in the season and learned from his mistakes, you can't let United break you on the counter. 

We were lucky that both Spuds and AM didn't really turn up, but they were both great results and TT deserves great credit for them. 

Still a lot of work to get us playing, though. Our attack is barely functioning and will not trouble the best defences. Our crossing and shooting are seriously poor, and our passing in the final third nowhere near good enough.

It's good to see that TT is fully aware of these failings, and will be demanding so much more from the players.

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

Our attack is barely functioning and will not trouble the best defences. Our crossing and shooting are seriously poor, and our passing in the final third nowhere near good enough.

It's almost like the situation Lampard faced for different reasons.

Still we should get a better player in CHO and good to see the regeneration of Christensen and Rudiger who have played well for us before.

2 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

We were lucky that both Spuds and AM didn't really turn up, but they were both great results and TT deserves great credit for them. 

Still a lot of work to get us playing, though. Our attack is barely functioning and will not trouble the best defences. Our crossing and shooting are seriously poor, and our passing in the final third nowhere near good enough.

It's good to see that TT is fully aware of these failings, and will be demanding so much more from the players.

I think it's unfair to say the teams didn't turn up. Atletico always turn up, they couldn't get the ball off us or punish us when they had it, it was a well deserved 3 points. We've seen in the past though with United that when we play them, we usually always dominate them and they end up winning the game still. 

Even the 4-0 game was completely misleading, our youngsters were playing them off the park but each time they hit us on the break and scored. Luckily the back 3 does give us a lot more protection in that department. 

4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's actually ridiculous isn't it?

Every bloody game Tuchel's played so far has been a real test, every win a massive achievement. And before that the same applied to Frank.

He arrives here mid season at a new club and new league, has to pull everyone out of the slump while playing a game every 3 days. And people act games against Wolves, Burnley, Sheffield, Newcastle and Southampton should simply be obvious victories, and I guess Tottenham too at their current form. It's like some of these people have never watched a season of Premier League football.

Sometimes I think thank god the people working at the club are probably too busy preparing for the next game to find the time to look at how their work is assessed by some Chelsea fans on the internet.

Going to depend on which United turns up for this one. Some times they look absolutely leathel, especially on the counter attack. 

Other times they look so vulnerable defensively. 

I think you've always got to feel confident of getting a goal against this United team but the question is can you stop them winning a cheap penalty and stop Rashford bombing at your defence.