Drogba, you total muppet

dkw

we have a big game coming up soon with arsenal and desperately need a striker or 2 to be fit. now we will lose this moron for at least 3 games from a petulant action in the carling cup. compund that with di santo probably being out for 3 weeks or so means we now only have one recognised striker available ( i dont count kalou, hes as much a striker as i am a giraffe). this is the final straw for me after his actions in the champions league final and pre season. just get rid of the arrognat, petulant tosser.

we have a big game coming up soon with arsenal and desperately need a striker or 2 to be fit. now we will lose this moron for at least 3 games from a petulant action in the carling cup. compund that with di santo probably being out for 3 weeks or so means we now only have one recognised striker available ( i dont count kalou, hes as much a striker as i am a giraffe). this is the final straw for me after his actions in the champions league final and pre season. just get rid of the arrognat, petulant tosser.

Carjacker didn't get a 3match ban for the exact same offence did he?

Besides that it doesn't matter what happened to carjacker, the point is Drogba has let us down again at a key time.

And not for the first time either...

Ive just posted this in another thread - i just know he is gonna miss the Arsenal game which will be massive because we all know Toure and Gallas cant play him at all.

The bloke is an idiot.

Again to me it begs the question...does he really want to play for the club? I think the lack of interest from anybody has made him more moody and we will struggle to get the best out of him here again.

I hope that's not the case but it's why I think we need a striker in January.

I agree he was stupid but he was hit by the coin so I can understand why he might have been a bit pissed off.

He was booked but whether that was for the coin throwing or the one fingered salute I don't know. I presume that if it was for the coin throwing then the FA can't do anything as the ref dealt with it during the match. Otherwise it will be a certain 3 match ban.

I think his petulance is a combination of a basic character flaw and accumulated frustration at not being fit to play. I wouldn't think it has anything much to do with his desire to be at the club or otherwise.

it was a stupid reaction but one that I can certainly understand, most, if not all of us would have reacted in a very similar way. There are many reasons for having a dig at Drogba, I dont think this is one of them.

Totally agree. For me Drogba was the one bright spot last night. Won practically every header and ball played up to him. The fact that no-one was good enough to feed off him and get on the end of those flicks and touches says alot more about their ability and desire than Drogba's. And by God he took that goal superbly.

There is no question we need a new striker in January. Drogba's age and playing style make me think his recent injury woes are not just a blip

But i cant believe how dumb he is sometimes. I didnt see the game, but christ, does he know nothing about perspective and proportionality? I know footballers are not the most model professionals, but cmon.

To me, actions like this are a huge distraction, and after we got rid of Robben, he has been the only one with a propensity for massive brain farts on the pitch. Besides maybe Deco or Mikel. But I had no sympathy for him after last may so if he goes, he goes. Id prefer he go soon and we get a better price for him

Huntelaar, Anelka, Saviola, Kalou. Is that too much to ask for?

But that's just it Just. DD did play well last night, and his return, from a playing perspective, is welcome and much needed. BUT, he then does something stupid like throwing a coin and swearing at the Burnley fans (either of which on their own would have got him a suspension) and ensures we now have to go without him for yet more games. It's stupid, it's childish and it doesn't help him or the club, as he now has to wait even longer to get fully match fit and have any sort of impact on our season.

Drogba is a fantastic player but he has always been liable to idiotic behaviour and stupid comments to the press. You have to take the rough with the smooth but after his antics in the Champions League final this feels like the final straw. He is no spring chicken too so we would need to think about a replacement in the next year or 2 anyway. We could technically still get some decent cash for him in the transfer market but that is no good unless we have a worthwhile replacement. We need a strong and physical center forward with a good eye for goal or we need to change our playing stategy to fit in a different style of striker like Villa. I think we will end up going in the latter direction as Big Phil does not seem to favour the long ball game that was built around Drogba.

Guys I totally agree with you BUT think of it this way...the drog has not had the chance to repay us for what he did in Moscow and now that he seemed 100% fit and scored a sweet goal and was on a high not only to then have a coin thrown at him must have really been a horrible experience.

To be brought down like that after hard the hard training he has probably been doing to get back to fitness and then to be brough right back down by some little thug with a coin would piss anyone off !

Not that I want to defend Drogba but, I do wonder why there's so little being said about the Burnley fans who were throwing the coins at Drogba. And I wonder even more so why there's so much discussion of this incident and so little about Chris Morgan, the Sheffield United player who deliberately elbowed Iain Hume in the face, fracturing his skull And furthermore, any last vestiges of respect I might have had for Neil Warnock well and truly went out the window after the way he defended Morgan, saying "He's not that kind of player".

They never are, are they. Even a vicious twat like Morgan, who just happens to have been sent off more times than any other Sheffield United player.

Link

Clearly Burnley should be penalised for the behaviour of a few mindless thugs however not for a second do I think it even marginally excuses Drogba's reaction.

The odds of Drogba actually hitting one of the people who threw it were ridiculously remote. The odds of him hitting someone entirely innocent were sky high. If anyone of us were at a game and got caught in the face by a coin thrown by a player who was reacting to coins being thrown at him by someone else I doubt we would be all that understanding.

He is an idiot and deserves everything the FA throw at him. I just hope the club has the balls to follow suit and dish out a hefty fine. Not that the fine will do much to his bank account but at least it will be a token gesture to show the club think he has been a fool. The day he leaves Chelsea will be a good day, I don't care how good he is or how much we need him.

I thought drogba did well, i would have gone in tot eh crowd grabed the idjiot that threw it and carved my name in to his head with the coin! You know what, i I dont think any one on here can say they wouldnt have done somthing simmeler!! some times its easy to say turn the other cheak but why should we have to

I don't think you should have to turn the other cheek if you can see who did it but blindly throwing a coin into a crowd of people makes him just as bad, if not worse than the person/people who threw them in the first place. They were at least aiming at someone in particular (and before anyone jumps in I am not saying that makes it acceptable) - he didn't give a toss who he hit.

This is how the FA dealt with a similar incident.

Wednesday, 30 January, 2002, 18:51 GMT

Carragher escapes FA charge

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher will not face a Football Association misconduct charge for throwing a coin at Arsenal fans during an FA Cup match on Sunday.

But the 24-year-old defender was issued with a formal police warning for his actions during the 1-0 defeat.

The England international hurled the pound coin back into the crowd at Highbury after it was thrown at him.

The two people who allegedly received injuries have declined to make allegations

The FA said he would face an automatic three-match ban which means he will miss England's friendly against Holland next month.

And it took into consideration the steps taken by Liverpool FC, which criticised Carragher and fined him £40,000.

"The FA would like to make clear that they welcome Liverpool's actions and have also taken into account the fact that the player apologised immediately after the match on Sunday," said an official statement.

The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that Carragher will be issued with a formal warning for the offence and that no further action will be taken.

A police spokesman said: "All the facts of the case have been considered.

"The two people who allegedly received injuries have declined to make allegations.

"The only outstanding matter is the throwing of an object under the Football Offences Act.

"In light of all the circumstances it has been decided that a formal warning will be issued."

Carragher quickly apologised for his actions.

The flashpoint came at the end of a torrid five-minute period in which Arsenal's Martin Keown and Dennis Bergkamp were both red carded by Riley.

Carragher snapped when he was targeted by Gunners fans after Bergkamp had been sent off for fouling him.

Arsenal have appealed for help in identifying the fan who threw the coin and promised to ban them for life.

Let's hope the club have fined DD pretty heavily.

The Mail expects the FA to throw the book at Drogba. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...n-incident.html

Have scanned that 'paper's articles but have yet to find any condemnation of the thug who threw the coin in the first place.

Clearly Burnley should be penalised for the behaviour of a few mindless thugs however not for a second do I think it even marginally excuses Drogba's reaction.

The odds of Drogba actually hitting one of the people who threw it were ridiculously remote. The odds of him hitting someone entirely innocent were sky high. If anyone of us were at a game and got caught in the face by a coin thrown by a player who was reacting to coins being thrown at him by someone else I doubt we would be all that understanding.

He is an idiot and deserves everything the FA throw at him. I just hope the club has the balls to follow suit and dish out a hefty fine. Not that the fine will do much to his bank account but at least it will be a token gesture to show the club think he has been a fool. The day he leaves Chelsea will be a good day, I don't care how good he is or how much we need him.

are there any reports stating that someone was indeed hit by the coin? not that I've heard.

I know you will say thats not the point, he could have hit someone, but as it stands the only injured party here is Drogba.

This footballers being role models and behaving is complete nonsense... it is like political correctness,, it has got out of hand... I like a bit of passion, I think that is what makes football so good.. I like seeing a good foul and a fight and getiing the crowd going and Drog's is the master.

I agree with complete thuggry e.g. Keane purposly trying to end a professionals career or c**tona kung fu kicking fans but ...

Those Burnley fans deserved it and Vidic deserved a smack in the mouth.

Oh well, Drogs out for three game is a pain, but Anelka is the top scorer in the league, can't argue with that stat no matter the style of his play <_<

how come barely anything has been said about the burnley fan? its only 2 weeks ago that every man and his dog (spot) was condemning a yob who hit a linesman with a cion whilst aiming at o`neil. yet drogba throws one back that was aimed at him (which i still think was idiotic at best by him) and barely a mention. hypocrisy is alive and well

how come barely anything has been said about the burnley fan? its only 2 weeks ago that every man and his dog (spot) was condemning a yob who hit a linesman with a cion whilst aiming at o`neil. yet drogba throws one back that was aimed at him (which i still think was idiotic at best by him) and barely a mention. hypocrisy is alive and well

Excellent points there DKW

Also - Drogba has just been charged by the FA for violent conduct, as SKY put it ''for alledgedly throwing a coin into the crowd''

Excellent points there DKW

Also - Drogba has just been charged by the FA for violent conduct, as SKY put it ''for alledgedly throwing a coin into the crowd''

Link:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,13866_4498318,00.html

I suppose this means the club will be fined for failing to control supporters again (Like the WH game when Kezman almost lost an eye - and we were fined!!) The same season Spurs fan ran onto the pitch and hurled a punch at Lampard after the final whistle and the FA deemed them to blame free.

I can't see Drog's facing Arsenal, - a big blow considering his record against them.

Archived