Good Luck, Scottie

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Swans reveal Sinclair approach

Swansea have made an approach for Chelsea winger Scott Sinclair, while chairman Huw Jenkins has also confirmed Blackpool have not come back with an increased bid for right-back Angel Rangel.

Sinclair worked with Swans boss Brendan Rodgers during his time at Stamford Bridge and it is hoped that could sway the 21-year-old when he returns from Chelsea's short pre-season trip to Germany.

The youngster has failed to firmly establish himself with the reigning Premier League champions and has instead enjoyed several loan spells, most recently at Wigan last season, but the Swans are keen to lure him on a permanent deal.

"We have spoken to Chelsea about Scott," Jenkins confirmed in the South Wales Evening Post.

"Brendan obviously knows him pretty well from his time at Chelsea and we hope that could play a part in Scott's decision.

"The next step is to try to make contact with the player. If something was to happen, though, we're not sure whether it would take a few days or a few weeks."

Regarding Rangel, who was the subject of a rejected bid from Blackpool last Friday, Jenkins added: "I've not spoken to anyone at Blackpool since we turned down their offer.

"I'm not sure if they will phone us again regarding Angel, but he is a player we are not looking to sell."

LINK

Never reached the heights Chelsea expected...it makes sense to let him try elsewhere, because another year or two of being stagnant on the Chelsea list could have permanently damaged his career...at least now he gets another chance to try and become a top footballer.

But nobody has anything to say about the name Angel Rangel??

I think his parents ought to have given more thought to naming him. Does he have brothers called Mangel and Dangel?

This would be a perfect move for Scott. He isn't, and I don't believe he ever will be, Premiership standard let alone top four standard. He should leave and get his career back on track.

http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=208262

Swansea City Sign Chelsea's Scott Sinclair

Swansea City have today received a massive boost with the news that they have completed the signing of Chelsea winger Scott Sinclair.

The Swans have paid an initial £500,000 fee to the Premiership club for the youngster, but this could rise beyond £1million depending on various add-ons.

The signing is subject to Football League and Premier League clearance and he'll be unavailable for Tuesday night's home match against Barnet in the Carling Cup.

Brendan Rodgers has been looking to strengthen his squad recently and he'll be delighted to secure the signing of an excellent young player who no doubt will add plenty of competition for first-team places.

The Swansea City boss has worked with Sinclair before, when he was Youth Team Manager at Stamford Bridge. The 21 year-old was on loan at Wigan Athletic last season where he scored 1 goal in 18 appearances.

The Swans have managed to fend off interest from a number of other clubs who were hoping to secure his services including Premiership new-boys Blackpool.

Rodgers told the Official Site:

"Scott is obviously a player I know well and I am delighted to sign him,''

"It's a massive coup for us because he is a big talent and has been a sought after player since he broke on to the scene.

"As far as I am concerned, there's no better place for him than Swansea City. With this group of players, style of football, fantastic fans and a manager who knows him well, this will be a great club for his development.

"He is only 21 and still has big potential. I think this will be a good home for him, where he can come and play and realise that full potential because I know what he is capable of."

• 2 months later...

Looks like Scottie has made the right move and certainly seems to be doing well at Swansea.

Must regret not making it with us but then ago if I was going home to this after a game or a days training............

rosie+webster+basque.jpg

I would have very few regrets!

Looks like Scottie has made the right move and certainly seems to be doing well at Swansea.

Must regret not making it with us but then ago if I was going home to this after a game or a days training............

rosie+webster+basque.jpg

I would have very few regrets!

Look out! Someone's coming to punch her!