Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Is this keeper the real deal or an unknown quantity?

They are certainly spending some serious cash. 78 million on a keeper and attacking midfielder so far. And it looks certain that they'll be buying two full backs (Mendy being suggested at 40+ million) and at least a centre back (van Dijk reportedly 50 to 60 million). That will more than likely take their spending to 200 million this summer. If Guardiola can start to get his head around organising a defence, and this keeper is half competent, then I'd make them favourites for the title and serious contenders for the European Cup.

One thing is for sure, if they don't win the title and reach the last four of the Champions League, I reckon Pep will be looking for some pretty amazing excuses.

14 minutes ago, Snedger said:

Is this keeper the real deal or an unknown quantity?

They are certainly spending some serious cash. 78 million on a keeper and attacking midfielder so far. And it looks certain that they'll be buying two full backs (Mendy being suggested at 40+ million) and at least a centre back (van Dijk reportedly 50 to 60 million). That will more than likely take their spending to 200 million this summer. If Guardiola can start to get his head around organising a defence, and this keeper is half competent, then I'd make them favourites for the title and serious contenders for the European Cup.

One thing is for sure, if they don't win the title and reach the last four of the Champions League, I reckon Pep will be looking for some pretty amazing excuses.

Or a new club!

I thought that, but where do they go after Guardiola? They spent so long waiting for him and unless they monumentally mess up - such as fighting for 4th and a first knockout exit in Europe, I really can't see him getting the sack. But I guess he might quit if he's getting a lot of stick. But he didn't seem to get much criticism last season - even with the Bravo debacle.

I think they will do well this season though. With their squad come the opening game, I can't see them going far wrong even if they tried. Gundogan is to come back too and it looks like they'll have Aguero and Jesus and maybe even Sanchez up front. They won't be short of goals for sure. And I am sure that they will see some improvement at the back, enough to make them favourites at least.

3 hours ago, Snedger said:

I thought that, but where do they go after Guardiola? They spent so long waiting for him and unless they monumentally mess up - such as fighting for 4th and a first knockout exit in Europe, I really can't see him getting the sack. But I guess he might quit if he's getting a lot of stick. But he didn't seem to get much criticism last season - even with the Bravo debacle.

I think they will do well this season though. With their squad come the opening game, I can't see them going far wrong even if they tried. Gundogan is to come back too and it looks like they'll have Aguero and Jesus and maybe even Sanchez up front. They won't be short of goals for sure. And I am sure that they will see some improvement at the back, enough to make them favourites at least.

I would imagine that they will become the bookmakers favourites for the Premiership at the start of next season after their summer spending spree.

Guest Sindre

Griezemann NOT going to United anymore. Basically confirmed himself on twitter now he's staying. Thats excellent as i think he would have been a beast for them.

16 hours ago, erskblue said:

Man City splashing out £35 million for Benfica keeper Ederson Moraes.

Wonder where Joe Hart will end up going next season as he's not playing for Torino again on loan or signing a permanent deal with them.

Worth a bid? Need home grown players.

8 hours ago, Sindre said:

Griezemann NOT going to United anymore. Basically confirmed himself on twitter now he's staying. Thats excellent as i think he would have been a beast for them.

Playing where?

Pogba has shown that he is sh*t in a 2 man mid. Infact both herrera and pogba are great in 3 man mid. So where would Antoine even have fit?

He is not a good striker. Simeone never trusts him to play as a striker as he barely runs the channels. He is a world class second striker and a good winger and an average striker. Playing in a 4-3-3 would barely have done him a favour.

I just could not see where Antoine have played to make the impact that he normally has for ATM.

10 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Seems like Mendy's deal is done as well.

Manchester City are spending already big money on 3 players, I'm not sure it's even over. 

No where near over. They have let go off caballero (ederson), clichy (mendy), navas (bernardo silva), sagna, zabaleta. So they will buy atleast 2 right backs.