MOTD Chelsea rant

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Saw MOTD tonight and during the match showed two challenges, one on Fabregas by Lamela and one by Vertonghen on Hazard. Both looked studs up and certain yellows and even though shown in slow motion on the match commentary neither pundit in the studio commented on this.

I am not saying this would have changed the result yet WTF is going on, it feels like a vendetta against our club!

13 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Saw MOTD tonight and during the match showed two challenges, one on Fabregas by Lamela and one by Vertonghen on Hazard. Both looked studs up and certain yellows and even though shown in slow motion on the match commentary neither pundit in the studio commented on this.

I am not saying this would have changed the result yet WTF is going on, it feels like a vendetta against our club!

There's always been a great deal of apathy shown towards our club by the  general public ever since the Abramovich takeover.

How many showed us any sympathy when during the so called battle of Stamford Bridge Spurs players set out to maim our players? Or when Clattenburg came out and basically admitted to sabotaging all possible red cards in order not to ruin the game or whatever what his f**ked up logic was. Did anyone in the football media show any sympathy for us like they would have with any other of the top 6?

Its frustrating yes but you should know the game by now. And credit to you for watching Motd after another  sh*t show of a performance 

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

They didn't even show the Morata incident when he was clearly onside to make it 2-2 at Old Trafford earlier. I don't even care about it anymore, I'm past caring, they've always been biased for Liverpool, Spurs, United & Arsenal. 

Both were red card challenges, and i am certain that if it was our players making those challenges, we wouldn't have gotten away with it and the incidents would have been replayed again and again and talked about by pundits. It happens all of the time. The Vertonghen one was the worst of the lot because it was clear as day......the ref didn't even give a foul!! Lamela's was more sneaky, so i can understand why he would get away with it. You can also guarantee that neither of these two challenges will be looked at in the next few days. Both Lamela and Vertonghen WILL get away without a suspension.

When things like this happen so often, you would think we would get used to it, but it's just making me more and more angry. It probably wouldn't have changed the end result, but that isn't the reason why i complain so much about this stuff. Even if we were winning 5-0 and the ref didn't punish these players, i would still complain if i thought the ref wasn't doing his job properly. 

Seriously, what has this club done to have such bullsh*t decision's go against us? The other clubs around us get away with dirty tackles and diving every week, we so much as lift a foot above the ground in a tackle and it's a red card! I look at the penalties Arsenal got today and i don't believe for a second that we would have got them. We have never had much luck with refs, but things have become farcical in recent years. Ever since that moment where Ramires won us a penalty late in a game against West Brom, it seems like it was from that moment when refs just stopped giving us anything. Ramires, us, the ref, all involved were heavily criticised by the pundits and media to the point where the head of referees felt that he needed to give a public apology! What a joke. A Chelsea player goes down easy, it's crime of the century, Dele Alli dives and it's "he's being clever".......the hypocrisy drives me mad.

The worst thing about all of this is what Clattenburg said a few months ago. I think it's disgraceful to our game that what he said has been swept under the carpet. How can they ignore a former ref basically admitting to match fixing? That should have been the moment where the F.A finally stood up and actually done something about the refs in this country. We have all been laughed at for years for saying refs in this country are corrupt, but right in that moment, Clattenburg proved that all of the suspicions were correct. The thing even more bizarre about it was that the media and pundits tried to make out that Tottenham were ones that were hard done by! It's crazy!! Tottenham were the ones that got away with it, it was our players that were being put at risk because of the ref refusing to actually do the job he was paid for. Tottenham weren't the victims, they benefited from it.

It's become unbearable now. It's hard enough trying to find enjoyment in football at the moment with us playing so bad, but these refs are making it ten times worse. It's so bad now that even when VAR is in place, we still somehow get screwed over!!

I know this a rant, but it's really pissed me off this season, much more than ever before. It annoys me more because i know there is nothing we can do about it, all we can do is bitch and moan. Even if the club was to put in an official complaint, it would be laughed at. The only time action is taken is when the media get's involved, but it's more likely that pigs will fly before we ever get their support.

2 hours ago, jimbouk said:

Good find Jim and I notice that the journalist says straight out they are Reds yet adds with VAR they would be identified.

Fair enough he has acknowledged the fouls yet for me the bias is in the BBC. This was their headline match and they showed the incidents in slow motion yet did not discuss them.

I’m sure this has happened before this season on the BBC MOTD analysis.

There is a rotten apple and I suspect it is the BBC editor on MOTD. For me this is important as otherwise Poch and his team are going to get the impression they can kick their way up the league.

6 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Would they though? Just look at the F.A cup game we had against Norwich, they were clear and obvious mistakes from the ref and we still didn't get the decision in our favour.

Good point, I get the impression with the FA Cup that they are more lenient with lower league challenges. That one Wigan dished out on Sane being an example for me.

Would they though? Just look at the F.A cup game we had against Norwich, they were clear and obvious mistakes from the ref and we still didn't get the decision in our favour.

I agree entirely with both the above. The inconsistency with refs in the league in general is shocking. Unfortunately bbc is somewhat more consistent. They have a narrative they push for whatever reason. I don’t bother watching it anymore. Punditry in general needs a shake up if you ask me.

10 hours ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Vertongen's was a genuine challenge but red nonetheless. Lamela's was nasty with a bit of afters.

Genuine tackle or not it was wreckless and dangerous. Eden was extremely lucky he didn’t have his leg planted in the ground, if it was he was looking at a double leg break. I’m all for tough challenges but having been on the receiving end of one of those, tackles like that have no place in the game, they’re career ending. 

Vertongen has always been a bit of a pr1ck, I can’t stand him!

They are awful.

I remember back in the first Hiddink stint, we thrashed Arsenal 4-1. Normally when a top side does that to a rival MotD would go on about how great they were. Instead, they spent the whole time worrying about Arsenal and where Arsenal are heading from this point. Literally all they said about Chelsea was a throw away line saying "Chelsea were very good". 

The format is usually 50/50 in analysis, with one half for one team and another half for the other but we just got one sh*t line equating to nothing. 

Same thing happened in the 6-0 where they only analysed the Gibbs sending off and how crap Arsenal were.

What about SkySports coverage on Sunday, i thought i was watching Tottenham TV or something. Had Defoe in the studio, Redknapp doing the analysis it was stupid. Matin Tyler seemed desperate for Spurs to win. My fav part was when Redknapp was saying how well Spurs were doing and were in control and soon as he finished saying that Morata scored.

16 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Oh and i forgot to mention sky sports love in for Dele Alli despite him diving nearly every week.

Am i the only one fed with so many people calling him "Dele" instead of "Alli", they all act like his best friend or something. It's cringe worthy. Jermaine Jenas is the worst for it.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Am i the only one fed with so many people calling him "Dele" instead of "Alli", they all act like his best friend or something. It's cringe worthy. Jermaine Jenas is the worst for it.

He prefers to go by the name Dele (which is also printed on the back of his shirt) because he doesn't feel a connection to the Alli surname having essentially been given up by his mum as a child due to her alcoholism. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10533658/dele-alli-reveals-personal-reason-for-tottenham-shirt-name-change

Presumably Jenas and the like are trying to respect that decision. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He prefers to go by the name Dele (which is also printed on the back of his shirt) because he doesn't feel a connection to the Alli surname having essentially been given up by his mum as a child due to her alcoholism. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10533658/dele-alli-reveals-personal-reason-for-tottenham-shirt-name-change

Also probably why we sing ‘Alli your a c**t’ after his latest bout of cheatitous. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Well, at least there is an excuse for it then. I thought they were doing it to just be a bunch of kiss asses :biggrin:

On 4/3/2018 at 16:13, jack_super_class said:

My fav part was when Redknapp was saying how well Spurs were doing and were in control and soon as he finished saying that Morata scored.

I remember that bit and what made me smile is that Gary Neville said straight away "I disagree with what Jamie has just said".

2 ex-footballers.....one is now a proper football pundit and the other is someone still more famous for being injured all the time, marrying a pop star and that white suite and sunglasses.

19 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

If we can keep this thread going with all the bad challenges on CFC that don't get discussed we could write to the ombudsmen of the BBC with evidence and accuse them of bias!

A few years back, i think we had a thread like that. By the end of the season, we were into double figures of clear penalties not being given :biggrin:

Not really sure we're to post this.

article in today's Sun by Neil Ashton on recent trouble at grounds. Headline tells of trouble at West Ham, Holland, Liverpool and Us. Have  I missed something I wonder? It turns out Neil has coupled us in as some of our fans called Dele Ali a c**t at last week's match. Of course no other players have ever been called this at a ground, there is no swearing etc, only at Chelsea.Well guess what you are Neil?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5984462/liverpool-west-ham-england-fans-violence/

Edited by charierre

1 hour ago, charierre said:

Not really sure we're to post this.

article in today's Sun by Neil Ashton on recent trouble at grounds. Headline tells of trouble at West Ham, Holland, Liverpool and Us. Have  I missed something I wonder? It turns out Neil has coupled us in as some of our fans called Dele Ali a c**t at last week's match. Of course no other players have ever been called this at a ground, there is no swearing etc, only at Chelsea.Well guess what you are Neil?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5984462/liverpool-west-ham-england-fans-violence/

Always been the same though, even back in the 70's and 80's,  Chelsea trouble always seemed to make better headlines than other clubs. Remember when we beat utd in quarter final in 2013, Millwall also got to the semi final, on talk sport they  said if it's Chelsea v Millwall in the final it should be played at about 3am in the morning to prevent trouble. If it was Arsenal or Spurs v Millwall that line would never of been rolled out.