best last movie scenes

maddoo
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

its 1/41 and Im of to bed .too much drink and too much listening to scouse w**kers back on top of the pl.As I end this day I was thinking the best endings to a movie.The door closing in Godfather 2,Morgan Freemans speech at the end of Shawshank as he strolles across the beach,theres no place like home,frankly my dear i dont give a damn,fel free to add your own.Im of to bed I think I am getting back the CFC I loved and follwed in the 70s and 80s.best regards dave.

A few for the list

The last scene in Withnail & I with Withnail drinking from a bottle in the rain outside the zoo.

End of Jacob's Ladder when you realise Tim Robbin's character was shot in the Vietnam war and the whole film was some sort of forward looking vision that was going through his head as he refused to die.

Planet of the Apes - the original one, not the dreadful remake

Don't Look Now - I am not going to describe it because if you haven't seen it then you really should

There are a whole load more but I need to get the kids sorted.

A few for the list

The last scene in Withnail & I with Withnail drinking from a bottle in the rain outside the zoo.

End of Jacob's Ladder when you realise Tim Robbin's character was shot in the Vietnam war and the whole film was some sort of forward looking vision that was going through his head as he refused to die.

Planet of the Apes - the original one, not the dreadful remake

Don't Look Now - I am not going to describe it because if you haven't seen it then you really should

There are a whole load more but I need to get the kids sorted.

Good shout.

Butch Cassidy.

The end of Billy Elliott when grown-up Michael leaps from the wings onto the stage.

This is probably one for the women - sorry, blokes!

For foreign film lovers - the end of Quatre Cents Coups when Antoine stares at the sea.

Edited by moi

No doubt the film snobs among us will mock me for this but you cant beat the end to 'Raiders Of The Lost Ark' (almost as good as that opening!)

The ending to 'Se7en' still shocks - did they really do that!?

My personal favorite though is 'Rebel Without A Cause'.

My missus has told me to nominate 'An Office & A Gentleman' so i will as long as you understand its not my choice!

No doubt the film snobs among us will mock me for this but you cant beat the end to 'Raiders Of The Lost Ark' (almost as good as that opening!)

The ending to 'Se7en' still shocks - did they really do that!?

My personal favorite though is 'Rebel Without A Cause'.

My missus has told me to nominate 'An Office & A Gentleman' so i will as long as you understand its not my choice!

I've always wanted to watch Se7en. Heard loads about it.

No, you're right. That was brilliant. When he loses his limp, straightens his back and suddenly a different man is there before you. I could watch Usual Suspects again and again!

No, you're right. That was brilliant. When he loses his limp, straightens his back and suddenly a different man is there before you. I could watch Usual Suspects again and again!

I'm glad I've seen the film because I'd be absolutely fuming if someone had spoiled the movie for me like that. :hiding:

hang on, are you saying he was kaizer sose? oh damn it, thats the film ruined for me....

only kidding, saw it years ago

hang on, are you saying he was kaizer sose? oh damn it, thats the film ruined for me....

It is impossible to say the name Kaizer Sose, without adopting a sinister voice that strikes fear into all who hear it.

there is no keyser soze. (maybe)

it's not the very last scene, but the last day as a wiseguy sequence with harry nilsson playing in goodfellas is brilliant, I love it dearly.

the ending of momento is fantastic too.

and trainspotting with renton in london to born slippy.

Edited by gullit4

Oh, the ending of Holy Grail, when they just come in and arrest folk is hilarious!

Also, and it's been a while since I seen the fillm, but it's certainly Rutger Hauer's last scene in Bladerunner is great. Althought it's not the last scene in the film

The ending of The Italian Job (original) with the "cliffhanger" :D

Love that one too.

Off the top of my head....

Lock Stock, where his mobile rings and he's on the edge of the bridge.

Quadrophenia and the scooter (but not Jimmy) going over the cliff

And The Great Escape, when Steve McQueen gets put back in the cooler and the guard turns when he starts hearing the noise of the baseball on the wall. Must have seen that 50+ times now.

Some good ones have already been mentioned, here are a few(just from the top of my head) memorable final scenes that I think deserve a mention:

Sunset Boulevard, Paths of Glory, Twelve Monkeys, Dr. Strangelove, Germany Year Zero, Shallow Grave...

How about great opening scenes?

Touch of Evil and Once Upon a Time in the West instantly come to mind...