Last Movie You Watched

Something Something Something Dark Side

I've never been a big fan of Family Guy but the original Star Wars trilogy was a huge thing when I was a kid and Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars movie, so I thought I'd give it a chance after one of my mates recommended it. It was fun to watch to see how they deal with the story. There were some funny bits here and there, but I was a bit disappointed as I've heard that the creators of the series are huge Star Wars fans(?), which is easy to believe with the amount of Star Wars references they make during the regular series, so I was expecting more from this one.

You know...there were some hilarious moments in that flick, but honestly it wasn't what everyone made it out to be. For me at least. I think sometimes it's just "cool" to see a certain movie and be able to recite lines at the water cooler for two weeks in a row. I got that feeling with this one.

Spot on Danny, hence my "some funny moments" synopsis. It was a decent film, but to be honest I think it was just shocking for the sake of it, and even then it wasn''t that shocking.

I've never been a big fan of Family Guy but the original Star Wars trilogy was a huge thing when I was a kid and Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars movie, so I thought I'd give it a chance after one of my mates recommended it. It was fun to watch to see how they deal with the story. There were some funny bits here and there, but I was a bit disappointed as I've heard that the creators of the series are huge Star Wars fans(?), which is easy to believe with the amount of Star Wars references they make during the regular series, so I was expecting more from this one.

I'm a big Star Wars fan as well, although I do watch Family Guy fairly often. I watched Blue Harvest at a friend's house and thought it was absolutely dire (which is sadly true for most of the episodes in the two most recent series). There was literally one scene (out of an hour's worth of film) that caused me to laugh. For this reason, despite the fact that people have told me that the sequel is good, I'm avoiding Something Something Dark Side.

sorry, i stand corrected. hes still a talentless turd though.

I disagree. He's done alot of great things and he's a great comedian. But when it comes to movies I feel that everyone who gives him a part expects him to be "that funny guy from The Office". I'm not saying that he have to be a brilliant actor, but I think he can do more than we've seen so far.

Watched "Food Inc." a documentary about food production in America which was very interesting and definitely something all Americans should watch.

Also Being John Malkovic which was awesome and all 3 seasons of Arrested Development which were great too!

Pauly my new flat mate has been banging on about Arrest Development for ages now, is it really that good?

I think i'll have to watch it either way, as pretty much half of his frames of reference are taken from the series, so at the moment conversation is tricky.

Watched "Food Inc." a documentary about food production in America which was very interesting and definitely something all Americans should watch.

Also Being John Malkovic which was awesome and all 3 seasons of Arrested Development which were great too!

Food Inc. can suck it. I'll eat my In n Out and Jack in the Box everyday thank you very much.

Arrested Development is so depressing. Depressing because it was so short lived. THEY NEED TO COME OUT WITH THAT MOVIE ALREADY.

Bought? I went online and got it for free :JC_doubledown:

Yes, Moos, I bought it!

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not a fan of watching movies online. I get distracted too easily if I watch it on the computer, have the urge to go on here for example, and I miss important bits of the film. So, I either see it in the cinema, wait for it to come onto Sky Box Office, or buy the DVD. ::ChELSeAFaN::

Never mind what film I last saw - the film I am currently watching is 'War of the Worlds' with Tom Cruise and it is a nothing short of a disgrace.

Tom Cruise is as awful as you expect him to be, as is the fact they pander to his superstar status and grant him action movie immortality (Spielberg is a odious runt for trying to ruin the character in the book) and Tom Robins should be ashamed of himself for accepting the role he did and then being so appalling in it.

If anyone has only seen this film and never read the book then take the time to read the book rather than assume the story is this sh*te.

Yes, Moos, I bought it!

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not a fan of watching movies online. I get distracted too easily if I watch it on the computer, have the urge to go on here for example, and I miss important bits of the film. So, I either see it in the cinema, wait for it to come onto Sky Box Office, or buy the DVD. :D

Well you could do what I did. Download, burn it on a DVD and watch it on your telly. ::clap2::

Never mind what film I last saw - the film I am currently watching is 'War of the Worlds' with Tom Cruise and it is a nothing short of a disgrace.

Tom Cruise is as awful as you expect him to be, as is the fact they pander to his superstar status and grant him action movie immortality (Spielberg is a odious runt for trying to ruin the character in the book) and Tom Robins should be ashamed of himself for accepting the role he did and then being so appalling in it.

If anyone has only seen this film and never read the book then take the time to read the book rather than assume the story is this sh*te.

You've essentially summarised my feelings on Children of Men: an absolutely dire film. They turned a timid, bookish and very English professor into a whiskey-swigging Clive Owen who drives around with a gun, and a suicidal old man into a pot-smoking Michael Caine. They took every ounce of quaint Englishness away from that film, when it was an undercurrent which was prevalent in the book. Absolutely abysmal considering how good the book is and how brilliant a concept the main plot consists of.

Agreed Plokoon. Children of Men was awful - I have no idea why it was received as well as it was.

I saw that a few years ago and all I remember of it was one scene where Clive Owen was pushing his broken down car through sludgy mud in socks while being chased by whoever the villains in it where, I don't remember why now. And that sums it up - walking through mud in socks. Not a pleasant experience really.

Clive Owen has been in some terrible films though. Shoot 'Em Up immediately comes to my mind.