Andreas

This is how the table now stands after today:

1 Man Utd 25 54

2 Arsenal 25 50

3 Man City 26 49

4 Chelsea 25 44

5 Tottenham 25 44

6 Liverpool 26 38

Now I can take the defeat today against the scum even though it hurts a lot, but looking at that table now I am a bit worried, especially since we have to play United twice and loosing twice there and it could be a hell of a finish. I can't think about us not making it but there is a possibility if we dont start winning the big games and with spurs just up our arses I dont feel very comfortable.

Am I being silly now?

We can catch Man City and maybe Arsenal but we certainly need to play better than today.

One match at a time, focus on winning.

Agree with this, long way to go still and one match at a time, im sure we will finish this season better then what we believe now.

The top 4, even 3 is still very much in our hands right now. Carlo just need to sort out his tactics and keep players motivated, that was the complete opposite last night. I found it interesting even with both Drogba and Torress on the field, all the pass seems to aim at Drogba. At some stage Carlo has to make a decision about who will be the main man in our attack, and I don't see that means both of them.

Of course we can miss out on the fourth spot.

We look like a team that plays without any consistency, too many key players underperform on a regular basis and the confidence is gone, no team has any fear facing us since we've looked very average for far too long. The manager and the players need to realize they are playing for their future between now and the end of the season. I have a feeling we're going to witness some serious changes of personell come summer, and it's long overdue.

Whatever happen at the end of the season, there should be some significant changes in the summer. There are some players who are just not performing because they know they can get away with it and still get picked. We been flat on way too many occasions this season, it's either Carlo needs to have a kick in his back side, or some of the players need to shown the exit and find another employer.

I can't bear the thought of not finishing top 4, its about us and tottenham and we really should beat them - finishing beyond top 4 now that we've signed Luiz and Torres would be so devastating, imagine the stick we'd get from the scousers and the amount of sh*t torres would get.

Come on Chelsea! Get a grip!!

I think its going to be a dogfight, and sadly i can see Liverpool pushing their way into the pack too.

If we dont sort out our under performing players and seeming undermotivated players and then subsquently sort out the issues with a new formation its going to be a very bumpy ride.

Spurs is bad enough but the idea of Liverpool beating us to a Champions League place is horrific and if that happens i honesltly wouldbnt be able to have any sort of contact with ANY media outlet for about 2 years bearing in mind just how bad the fallout will be.

As it stands, its in our hands and right now thats good enough for me. But we have to sort ourselves out and quickly.

It's very possible, but there's no way it should happen.

I'll be devastated if it does...and dare I say, it would ruin the club. I reckon it would hit us harder than Liverpool, because like it or not, our squad is much more expensive, and we earn much less money than Liverpool, and sadly, our higher profile players (which is a lot of them) would seek ECL football.

It would be catastrophic. Hopefully the team realise just how much it would mean, and they pull their heads in for the charge home.

Edited by Cam