Have Man City made a pigs ear of everything .... ?

Star

It seems like an age since Man City made the bold statement that they have arrived on the big stage and

flexed their financial muscles to snare Robinho under our noses.

Since then to be fair Man Utd and Chelsea remained relatively calm about the situation, Spurs refused to

believe their quality was inferior and Arsenal aided by Wengers overwhelming disregard for not adding

quality experience in vital positions have stagnated.

Ok City have splashed the cash but the lack of real quality and passion hasn't turned them into the overnight

force as when Roman put Jose in charge.

Tevez and Johnson apart, there's nobody else at City who would get a squeak of a chance of getting in our

first 11 and only Joe Hart would get on our bench.

With Roman 'ready to go again' and the capture of Luiz better than any City purchase, with the Torres £50 million

statement bigger than any City buy. one wonders if City will ever attract a really top player in this bracket?

Manchester United continue to be the top side in Manchester, City still cannot even beat them !

It again is panning out a CL dogfight between them and Spurs over a top 4 finish, whilst Spurs have

gained European recognition for their exploits in the Champions League, City like Liverpool limped out of

a weak Europa League.

My view is, the only thing that can save City from a financial disaster is Jose Mourinho, yet we could

be about to reverse the Robinho scenerio, if as rumours suggest Carlo will leave in the summer are

correct, only one man can replace him .... the Special One.

If they keep on playing like they did yesterday they'll never be top 2. They're far too negative against the big teams, I hate Spurs, but one of the reasons they finished 4th last season is because they attacked us, Arsenal and Man City (at Eastlands). Mancini's first objective seems to be not to lose which is crazy considering how much they've spent.

I agree, apart from Tevez they don't have too much over us. Kompany is class but would he get ahead of Terry/Luiz? No chance. Ditto Joe Hart. Silva has fantastic ability though to be fair. Funny how Dzeko is yet to score a league goal yet this has hardly been commented upon, yet Torres' goaless run so far has received more attention than our decent form!

I think that City have the potential to become a title contender, but I think Mancini isn't the person to get them there. And they need to get a good foundation in the team like we have with Lampard and Terry.

Less spending in the near future and more effort to make the team into a real team.

They have quality. Apart from the already mentioned Tevez and Johnson I would say that Toure was really good against us and Kompany did really well. Hart has potential to become a star. And I think that if Silva can get more accustomed to the PL then he can prove very useful for City.

These past years they have spent loads on new players, just like we did (though I think they have splashed out more if we count the wages as well). Now is the time for them to sit back a bit and let things settle. Then, if they have to, they can spot the weaknesses and fix them.

But, as I said, I'm not sure Mancini is the right man to bring the players together and create that family feeling Jose did at Chelsea.

If Jose would return to England and pick City I would be very nervous.

With the players they have, they should have walked the league this year.

It's funny, they've essentially copied the Chelsea model for success at the exact time that everyone got savvy to our game. Whereas we are evolving (taking on more flamboyant players like Torres, Luiz and Ramires), Man City seem to be coming at this in exactly the wrong way.

Well it's already been pointed out, they're far too negative against the big teams. By setting the team up like that, Mancini is essentially telling the players that they're not good enough to go out there and beat them. The biggest difference Mourinho made when he replaced Ranieri was he instilled belief in the players. He made them believe they were good enough to compete with, and beat, Man Utd & Arsenal.

God help the rest of the league if they ever get a manager who can get things right.

Very True that would send a shiver down the spine ................. he would turn them into a top side

I honestly think this league was there for the taking for City, Mancini is the reason they arent in with a shout anymore. If had went for it against Utd and Arsenal they could have beaten them, yet he went into the games against them (and us) with the intent of not losing, which considering the attacking talent he has was just stupid.

Just goes to show, money by itself won't win you titles - you need to spend it wisely on both players and management. Roman hit the jackpot by getting Mourinho who made us into the side we are today, but as has been stated, Mancini is never going to do that for City. If they want to compete with the big boys, they need to get someone in who knows what he's doing and not just buy players for the sake of it/to stop other teams having them.

I honestly think this league was there for the taking for City, Mancini is the reason they arent in with a shout anymore. If had went for it against Utd and Arsenal they could have beaten them, yet he went into the games against them (and us) with the intent of not losing, which considering the attacking talent he has was just stupid.

Apparently Mancini is oblivious to the fact that in order to end up in the top three in the Premiership he should put more emphasis on attacking football. Granted he won three Serie A titles with Inter but defensive fiootball is not the answer in the Premiership.

If he doesn't change his tune he will be shown the exit door.

Silva would certainly make our team, and I wanted us to go for him. I remember being linkde with De Jong a while back, and I still think Djeko could be good.

I fear that they may hire in Jose this summer. That means Jose would fulfil his "coming back to the Premiership, but not going to a major rival of any former club" statement

Bet you Sparky's had to change his pants a few times after pissing himself laughing watching Man City.

I don’t get Mancini; he has no ambition despite spending the better part of 100million pounds on attacking talent. I mean I would at least understand his defensive obsession a bit if he had spent that much on defensive players, but he hasn’t invested into real quality defensive players Yaya aside.....

I could imagine how a lot of the players who recently came in feel. Having around 25mil splashed on you for your attacking talent just to be tossed into a team where scoring is an afterthought. I imagine they must want to show they are worth the cash but the manager doesn’t give them much of a chance to show it. As mentioned, it clearly shows that Mancini doesn’t think his team is good enough.....but then why did he spend so much money to get them?

I'd fire him if I was Sheik Mansour unless Mancini delivers CL footy next season AND the FA this season. If you’re spending that type of cash and playing that rubbish of football, you better be pulling in some silverware to justify it. If you’re going spend that much cash and have no silverware to show, you better at least be putting on a hell of a show!

How do they know Mancini isn’t going to spend another 100m+ just to falter again? Jose had to pip some of the strongest teams the BPL has ever seen to get our first title in 50 years......Mancini could not of asked for a better opportunity to take the league by storm. If Jose had gotten a season like this his first year, he'd probably of set a record for most points between 1st and 2nd.

Oh and Mancini complains about his squad being overwhelmed by the schedule…….. That alone would make me worry about him managing my team….

Silva would piss his way into our team I think , but otherwise I agree - they simply look a strong but faceless , charmless unit.

They rely so much on Tevez it isnt even funny. Mancini`s tactic away to good teams seems to consist entirely of defending en masse, then get it to Tevez as soon as possible and hope he does something.

I've got to say Loz was spot on early in the season when we were talking about the likely top four come may, I said I thought City would have a strong finish as if Mancini got the squad gelled I could see a very strong team and I really expected us to be in front with a late challenge from them, Loz said at the time they relied too much on Tevez and although I agreed to an extent I thought by now they would have learned to play without him or if he wasn't having a good game...It was a hard game for their front player(s) against us and I would have expected that but they do struggle without Tevez against any opposition and until they get that right they have a problem, got to say though they have some good players and Kompany is looking better and better for them, they have done the right thing in getting a well organised defense to buil from and its not a big transition to pack the midfield less and actually try to outscore the opposition,

They have a tough midfield and strong defense and I'm amazed they don't show more faith in it and attack more but hopefully they will carry on with the plan and the longer they do the better as I still believe they have the players to put in a realistic challenge.

Granted he won three Serie A titles with Inter

Winning those titles was made easier after their main rivals were punished for being involved in the Calciopoli. I think one of those three titles was actually given to Inter after Juve was stripped of their title as a punishment for match fixing.

With the players they have, they should have walked the league this year.

That's exactly what I thought at the start of the season, I thought they'd be our main rivals (turns out we haven't cut it....!) over Man Utd as Man Utd didn't really add to their squad. Turns out I was a bit wrong...!

Though Man City tried to replicate our model of success , they did something different from what we did . They decided to weaken other top 6 teams from the premier league by buying their top players . This was a strategy that back fired because they ended up buying players who are good but not to a level of taking your team to glory. Also they bought too many players too soon and deprived some players enough time to prove them.

The players , they bought/ interested from other top clubs in PL

Everton - Lescott

Arsenal - Adebayor , K.Toure

Villa - Barry

Chelsea - Terry ( interested ) , Drogba ( interested )

Man Utd - Tevez , Rooney ( interested )

They even bought a few other players just to stop them from joining their rivals - Bellamy , A.Johnson , Santa Cruz , Bridge , Shaun W philips etc ., all fall into that category

One more important point is , they did not have the spine of players as we did have in the form of JT , Lamps , Jcole etc .,

They should have retained some of the old players like Richard Dunne because those are the players that can inspire the team and instill passion within them ..

CITY GOT EVERYTHING WRONG

The league was also a hell of a lot weaker when we started winning trophies. People often underestimate the trickle-down effect of our spending.

The only thing City are missing is a decent manager.

This was something I said back when Roman bought Chelsea. That the attraction to the League for big players would lead more investment from other oversea's intterests, that we wouldn't just have a "Big Two" anymore that we would in fact see a far more competitive league overall.