Malouda

Ben

What an up and down career he's had for us. From the way he's been playing lately, I am fine with him leaving, but he seems like he gets on well with the other players, I'll have fond memories of him, though the majority of them coming from last season.

Started awfully, emerged magnificently, and has regressed massively.

Concerning...and the fact is, at his age, he won't be given too many extra chances at the club...

If he was a club legend, like Lamps, he would be given more leeway, but unless he shapes up soon, he will find himself on the outer.

I'm not saying I want him to leave, because he really was exceptional last season and the start of this one...but he's certainly not as pivotal to the team at the moment, because when he plays, he's just not offering anything.

Malouda is not the player he was a season ago. He will be 31 in June. I would not hesitate accepting 12 million quid for him.

It's time for him to move on and make way for Yuri Zhirkov.

Not sure Yuri has much of a future here next season either.

Last season I thought Malouda was superb, but at that price & with his age I think 12m is a good price.

Blimey if I could get £12m for him I'd be over the moon. Then again I'm not sure what paying me £12m would do for anyone's chances of buying Malouda as I've got about as much rights over him as Jooorachabin has over Tevez!!!

Seriously though I think the club should take that if it's really on offer, thank him for the work he's done and move on.

Zhirkov was unlucky because he never got it going at Chelsea due to injuries.

If Yuri was fit and had a decent run of games under his belt this season to gain some confidence it would probably light some fire under Malouda's ass but unfortunately that never happened.

I do believe this summer is the right time to sell the Frenchman. He is turning 31 in June and we could at least receive some sort of financial compensation instead of waiting another couple of seasons and let him go on a free, a habit we somehow are so fond of.

Zhirkov needs to prove his worth in the next several weeks or get shipped out,too. He is still in a good age bracket though and I feel could contribute significantly if he manages to stay fit.

I will take 5-6 any day, no one is that dumb to pay 12 for him, maybe Man City on a bad day. I think he still has the quality to hang around at this leve, but there is something wrong in his head. He is and has been playing for himself for a while now, he ignores his position on the field to get into goal scoring position every chance he get, shoots in hopeless position, he prefers to dribble the ball out of touch rather than pass easy ball to team mates in great position. Unless you are Ronaldo or Messi, you aren't going to get away with playing for yourself these days. I can live with players out of form, we have seen Essien, Rameries, Lampard, Kalou etc at various stages of this season, but at least they are trying to do the right thing. Malouda is showing no signs of that, he plays for himself as far as I concern. In my view, bench him until he shows something else, and ship him out as soon as the transfer window opens.

I'm going to buck the trend here and state that Malouda hasn't been as bad as a lot of people are making out. True he hasn't been at his best, but neither has he been appallingly poor. I also thought he looked more effective playing for France not so long ago than he has for us.

I've heard it argued that when he was at his best it was other players that were making him look good. This sounds very similar to the old argument that Frank Lampard looked brilliant for Chelsea but was crap for England because when playing for us he was surrounded by world class players. There may be an element truth in this in so far as when you turn it around what you get is: Great players perform better when playing with other great players. Obvious, right?

Back to Malouda. Not only hasn't he been at his best for most of the season, he's now almost 31 and and so the time is right for him to move on. This much I agree with.

Are we all talking about the same person here? The guy who is 2nd in goals and assists for our club in the prem this year?

I fully agree that he has had a bad 2nd half to the season, but to offload him now for 5-6million? Seems absurd to me.

What Hutch and Medge said!

If he moves on, he moves on but lets have some dignity about it! He loves playing for Chelsea and Flo's bad games also come in matches where one or two others have howlers, but yet people seem to jump straight on him. Its more about the team as a unit losing form or consistency than just one player.

I think he will move on in the close season and will always remember him playing a huge part of our double winning season! I think some other fans should remember that too.

12m would be a fantastic deal for him. Wont happen though

Honestly I never liked Malouda´s way of playing, I admit that he was very good last season and at the start of this but I wouldnt mind someone younger with more pace taking his place

Edited by german-blue

For us to move onward and upward, like Man Utd have done with Giggs and Scholes, the only players in the

ageing bracket that should be retained next season are Terry, Lampard and Drogba.

Danny Sturridge can replace Anelka and we need to sell Malouda while he has sell on value. Ferreira deserves a free.

We need width and a right back and that should be our summer transfers done and dusted.

For us to move onward and upward, like Man Utd have done with Giggs and Scholes, the only players in the

ageing bracket that should be retained next season are Terry, Lampard and Drogba.

JT no question, he has had a very decent season. But Lamps and Drogba?

Drogba I would let go. Still an imense player on his day but not often enough now and he isn't going to get any better and I can't help but feel, his attitude and whole persona, perhaps has a negative impact on the team.

As fo Lamps, I would keep him BUT ONLY if Carlo or whoever had the balls to sit him down and tell him he was no longer guaranteed first 11 and in fact more often than not, would be on the bench. Otherwise it will start getting embarrassing for him and us.

Danny Sturridge can replace Anelka and we need to sell Malouda while he has sell on value. Ferreira deserves a free.

We need width and a right back and that should be our summer transfers done and dusted.

I assume you want to keep Ashley Cole?

JT no question, he has had a very decent season. But Lamps and Drogba?

Drogba I would let go. Still an imense player on his day but not often enough now and he isn't going to get any better and I can't help but feel, his attitude and whole persona, perhaps has a negative impact on the team.

As fo Lamps, I would keep him BUT ONLY if Carlo or whoever had the balls to sit him down and tell him he was no longer guaranteed first 11 and in fact more often than not, would be on the bench. Otherwise it will start getting embarrassing for him and us.

I agree on Drogba, I actually think thats why he was taken off last night as he seemed to lose it for about 10-15 minutes before he got hooked and was throwing his arms up at every challenge and was seemingly more interested in a running battle with Vidic and Evra than the game. Lamps is a difficult one, he obviously isnt the same player as he was but I would certainly keep him if he was willing to be a squad player and not a definite starter. I think the biggest mistake we made last season was getting rid of Ballack, and to do the same again with Lampard would be an even bigger mistake.

Forget the poor form this season , but is he not obliged to play for the team ? I can't accept people still finding some good things to say about malouda. I agree other players have also been equally bad as well . lack of effort , no sense of winning etc ., but atleast they do not try to play a selfish game. Drog does that because he is a goal scorer and has proven that before that he can score goals by being selfish .

This guy Malouda knows he has to stay on the left and try to create chances but what he does these days is there to see for everyone. He drifts in , never passes to players in a good position , plays for himself and does all the crap work . Sure there are players who played worse than him this season , but to me Malouda is someone who is selfish and is interested only in his stats and achievements ! I believe we don't need more reasons to see him off come end of season !

Edited by sizzler85

Forget the poor form this season , but is he not obliged to play for the team ? I can't accept people still finding some good things to say about malouda. I agree other players have also been equally bad as well . lack of effort , no sense of winning etc ., but atleast they do not try to play a selfish game. Drog does that because he is a goal scorer and has proven that before that he can score goals by being selfish .

This guy Malouda knows he has to stay on the left and try to create chances but what he does these days is there to see for everyone. He drifts in , never passes to players in a good position , plays for himself and does all the crap work . Sure there are players who played worse than him this season , but to me Malouda is someone who is selfish and is interested only in his stats and achievements ! I believe we don't need more reasons to see him off come end of season !

I'd like to nominate this post for the "biggest load of bollocks" award.

Sizzler,

Surely that would be down to the manager to see he stays in position? We know he plays well in that position, he has scored goals, won us games (some crucial games including those that won us trophies) so if he drifts out of position and it apparently costs us games/goals, wouldn't that be down to man-management to stop that happening?

I thought he made a big difference coming on in last nights game, we always seem more threatening up front with him on the pitch.

I think some look to him too quick when many players are not having a great game.

Flo was okay last night, but then again most of our team were pretty average themselves. I dont see how malouda can change a game anymore, it seems like his career is going backwards rather than forwards. I hope we see an improvement as he really came good last season and at the start of this campain but im not sure where to go with him. I think selling him would be stupid as we'd probably end up regretting it but he has been poor of late.

Sizzler,

Surely that would be down to the manager to see he stays in position? We know he plays well in that position, he has scored goals, won us games (some crucial games including those that won us trophies) so if he drifts out of position and it apparently costs us games/goals, wouldn't that be down to man-management to stop that happening?

I thought he made a big difference coming on in last nights game, we always seem more threatening up front with him on the pitch.

I think some look to him too quick when many players are not having a great game.

I thought Malouda looked livelier than Zhirkov when he came on and people have been calling for Zhirkov to start ahead of him for weeks, since Torres turned up the forwards are chopping and changing and Carlo is trying to find the right mix..made harder by none of them being in great form.

Its the same at RB with one game Bos then Ivan then next game Ivan is back in the middle, we need to get a settled defence and find who the best front two or three are but picking up players that have to play in the January window deprives the manager of a pre season and makes it an unenviable task...luckily the majority of fans can understand that and realise there's still one or two pieces missing that could make this squad into one that could be serious challengers in all competitions.

I'd like to nominate this post for the "biggest load of bollocks" award.

I will second the nomination, Mr. Strategy.

Another one of those times where a player is having a rough patch. Give Florent some time. Just like we gave the whole squad some time.

It's his "bad moment." Relax.