Bale...PFA Player of the Year...How?

The Brit

annual arguement over whether the winner is worthy but i do have to question this choice even though there are very few candidates...i can remember bale having two top games against inter...since then?

No chelsea player deserves a mention for sure, but must be a better choice than this surely?

Probably should have been Nani despite how much of a prick he is!

The only reason Bale has got it is because the media love in with Spurs and 'arry these days. Fact of the matter is Paulo Ferreira had him in his back pocket when we played them earlier this season.

and this is team of the year...ashley gets in even though I think he has been average by his high standards:

Van der Sar (Man Utd), Sagna (Arsenal), Kompany (Man City), Vidic (Man Utd), Cole (Chelsea), Nani (Man Utd), Nasri (Arsenal), Wilshere (Arsenal), Bale (Spurs), Tevez (Man City), Berbatov (Man Utd).

Tevez far and away best player in the league all season, has carried that City team on his back, poor fella must think he's back on the mean streats of BA.

Problem is as always its more a popularity competition

In the 3 years we have won the title we only got player of the year awards in the first season whith terry and lamps picking them up respective awards. The next year when we had pretty much wont the league after a month gerrard for some reason picked one up and I cant remmeber the other.

Last season should have gone to lampard or drogba but rooney scooped in... all a bunch of crap really.

Wonder if he'll even win Tottenham's player of the year. Not sure which is least deserving - Bale or Giggs a couple of seasons ago. One thing for sure is that those who have spoken about the Spuds loving media are correct, it's been positively nauseating - on par with Liverpool.

Modric has been Spuds' best player IMO. The previously useless Dawson has also been good and VDV has been fantastic in a handful games - much like Bale!!

The usual big hitters have been poor this season, so averages like Nani and Nasri have stuck out. Just shows the quality that's been on offer this season is pretty much non-existent.

Tevez, VDS, Modric, Parker, perhaps A. Young... all those should have been nominated.

Also - when a player like Charlie Adam is being chased by a number of clubs, is being hailed as "brilliant" and will start a bidding war in the Summer well then... Just kinda confirms my opinions about the quality of this season are actually factual.

Nice to see Cole getting in there at LB, that will shut up some of my Untied 'mates' that think evra is better.

Its hard to think that a player can have around 5 stand out games at most and win. This season has been sh*te for good football though.

Well Bale did have a good month and lately that seems to be the only thing needed, look at giggs getting it and then Rooney winning over Drogba. Apparently the votes are made in january/february, how ridiculous is that.

Dont know how??

Just like this

2009/10 season : Domestic competitions

Didier Drogba : 34 goals , 15 assists

Wayne Rooney: 28 goals, 5 assists

2008/09 season : Domestic competitions

Frank Lampard : 17 goals, 14 assists

Ryan Giggs : 4 goals , 8 assists

Rooney and Giggs win the awards for respective seasons.

Edited by Jawan

hate the prick but nani is head and shoulders the best player from this season. Could not believe that he did not even make the shortlist. Besides nani i think both tevez and scott parker would have been worty winners although i can see why people might have a problem with a player in a relegation threatened team getting it. Wilshere was clearly the best young player so no problems there. Great to see ashely in the team and to be honest noone else in our team really deserved a look in

I think it just proves what a very average season this one has been when everyone is finding it hard to select a candidate.

Wilshere was probably an easy choice for young player, although in recent weeks, he has hardly set the world alight. (Lets hope Josh picks up the award next season - if he gets to play of course).

Bale hasn't even been Sp*rs best player. All their fans are saying Modric. And Nani still doesn't convince me. He's been hit and miss and if a defender rattles him early he has a tendency to go missing.

I think I would go for Tevez, but even he hasn't played as well at times this season. Sorry to say, we really don't have any candidates.

In my eyes the player of the year in the PL has to be Ashley Cole, superb all season and he has not missed a single league game.

I agree with this, has not put a foot wrong on the field for club or country, and with all the provocation he has had from our scum media as well.

He must be in for a shout for players player.

and while I got my blue tints on, Petr not in with a shout ?

Dont know how??

Just like this

2010/11 season

Nani : 9 goals 18 assists

Bale : 7 goals 1 assist

Clearly, consistency and stats have nothing to do with it. Its like dkw said, 1 good month is maybe all that is needed.

speaking of which...scott parker has been voted Player of the Year by the Football Writers'...now granted (no pun here honest), he's done well for west ham this season, but again, hardly player of the year stuff...he's actually been very quiet past few months as they've slipped into bottom three again...there has always been a suspicion over west ham supporting journos...well this will have to be entered as evidence on that score...my vote? think it should have been declared null and void to reflect the quality of teams/players on show

Dont know how??

Just like this

Ya but Lampard only gets those assists because he takes our penalties :blush: (#1 excuse I hear to slate Lamps hahaha)

This is a joke, which is sad as its the player voting it and shouldnt be. The should really name it the "He's popular but wasnt quite good enough to win a legitimate award this season" award.