• Zhirkov v Spartak Moscow
    • Kalou v Wolverhampton
    • Anelka v Blackburn
    • Sturridge v Ipswich
    • Drogba v Bolton
    • Ramires v Manchester City
    • Drogba v Stoke
    • Kalou v Birmingham

The nominated goals are up on the official site.

You can see them here: http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2353535,00.html

VOTE FOR YOUR GOAL OF THE SEASON

Posted on: Thu 05 May 2011

The goals have been flying in all year but we have finally whittled down the best ones to come up with a shortlist for the 2010/11 Chelsea Goal of the Season.

Nearly 100 goals have flown in over the past nine months, and our panel of experts has had the privilege of watching and re-watching every single one, picking out the 10 they think are the best for you to enjoy once more before casting your vote.

You can nominate your favourite goal, and Player of the Year, here. Winners will be announced at The Awards on May 19, which will be screened live on Chelsea TV.

1) Didier Drogba v Arsenal (October 3, 2010)

The back-heel finish at the near post is sublime, but this early-season opener owes as much to Ashley Cole's square pass and Ramires winning possession and finding the left-back out wide as it does Drogba's classy contribution.

2) Alex v Arsenal (October 3, 2010)

He gives us one every year, and this bending blaster is special. The Brazilian lined up a free-kick 25 yards from the Arsenal goal, and smashed it around the wall and up into the top right-hand corner of the net. Such a powerful strike it injured the defender's thigh.

3) Yury Zhirkov v Spartak Moscow (October 19, 2010)

What a way to score your first Chelsea goal. His return to Russian soil (or Astroturf) clearly inspired the former CSKA man, who latched onto this bouncing ball outside the area and despatched an unstoppable half-volley into the far corner of the Spartak net.

4) Salomon Kalou v Wolverhampton Wanderers (October 23, 2010)

A tidy one-touch passing move involving Drogba and Michael Essien sees the Ivorian finish things off from close range with a cool, side-footed finish.

5) Nicolas Anelka v Blackburn Rovers (October 30, 2010)

An unusual Chelsea goal that is almost route one in its approach. Florent Malouda pulls down a Petr Cech kick and plays the ball deep into the Blackburn area, where Drogba nods into Anelka's path and he makes no mistake from 12 yards.

6) Daniel Sturridge v Ipswich Town (January 9, 2011)

The youngster receives the ball inside the area after Frank Lampard and Anelka work the ball from right to left, cuts back onto his weaker right foot and bends the ball into the far corner for his second of the game.

7) Didier Drogba v Bolton Wanderers (January 24, 2011)

New, lighter footballs seem to have been designed for Drogba, who can combine power with swerve and dip to bamboozle a goalkeeper. The victim here is Jussi Jaaskelainen who is beaten all ends up from 35 yards.

8) Ramires v Manchester City (March 20, 2011)

A first Stamford Bridge goal for the midfielder, who receives the ball centrally before executing a lovely dragback, beating another man and striding into the area before sending his shot into the top corner to tie up an important home win.

9) Didier Drogba v Stoke City (April 2, 2011)

A thumping header from the striker, who diverts Nicolas Anelka's floated cross from the left back across goal and into the top corner, using every ounce of strength in his powerful neck muscles to get the ball beyond Asmir Begovic.

10) Salomon Kalou v Birmingham City (April 20, 2011)

The front man picks the ball up with his back to goal in the left channel, and beating two men, works his way across to the right from where he curls a beauty into the bottom corner.

Can't decide which one I think is the best. Ramires against City was a beauty, as was Drogbas back-heel against Arsenal.

I think the standard was not as good as last year, which reflects the season we've had...still I went for Ramires...quality run and fine finish...I love a screamer but I always think it takes more skill to beat a man rather than having a hit and hope

must be lionel ramires goal, was just the most sublime skill and clinical finish. Some great goals in there though. Drogbas against bolton was spectacular and some of the team goals were very slick. Just thinking of the goal i voted for last year, one of the best team goals i have ever seen also drogba vs bolton. involved about 4 players in the box, never touched the ground and finished with drogba cooly tucking home

Loved Drogbas goal against Bolton...just as people were fearing he was never coming back to form he gave us a taster and a few games later the real Drogs started to reappear, lovely strike.

I went for Zhirkov because I remember having to watch it about 3 times before I entirely believed it had happened - by far the best 'goal from nothing' of the season. Honourable mentions to Ramires for his work against City and Drogba for managing 3 of the top 10

I voted for Ramires vs City mainly because of the circumstance- a total 180-degree reversal from a guy who looked out of depth for the Championship in the first clash with City.

However David Luiz's goal vs Man United would probably be the technically-hardest goal this season. A volley, recieving a pass virtually on the turn and over the shoulder on the opposite foot- amazing.

I've just found this video of Luiz's goal against ManU, the video is 5 minutes long, it shows- what I would think- is every touch David Luiz had during that vital game, the game that started our great comeback, what a performance he put in that day, not only is it a great finish, taken wiith great composure, under intense pressure from an incoming defender, but it could be the goal that kick started our season, and it didnt even make the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1309AJxugl8

That video is why I think he'll make the difference (compared to the CL) on Sunday. He had Hernandez in his pocket. Shame we can't play Luiz at right back because he looks so much more dangerous than Ivan coming forward.

That video is why I think he'll make the difference (compared to the CL) on Sunday. He had Hernandez in his pocket. Shame we can't play Luiz at right back because he looks so much more dangerous than Ivan coming forward.

So true.Luiz Luiz Luiz Luiz Luiz Luiz ......