• Meireles
    • Lampard
    • Anelka
    • Torres
    • Malouda
    • Ferreira
    • Kalou
    • Alex

Torres, two good goals, link up play was great, showed some nice skill and dribbling. An all round good preformance, shame he seemed to shy out of it. Luiz was also good, but a bit rash and Romeu who had a good solid game.

Edit; Not to forget meireles who was also brilliant, speeds our play up really well.

Edited by Brayerz

Yep our number nine for me too. Almost a fautless performance , but he really should have scored one more. Still, good on him. That's the player we thought we'd bought.

Other good performances from Merieles, Romeu and I thought Anelka had a quietly effecient game too. And we had the textbook Luiz match too, all the attributes ticked off there.

Edited by bjd

Meireles for me. Excellent range of passing and his movement off the ball was also quite encouraging. A goal and a peach of a cross for Torres' second. Should have had a second assist if Torres hadn't hit the post early on.

Hard to argue Torres wasn't great too. His second goal was a very nice header, though he should have scored at least one more.

Romeu, Lampard and Luiz were also worthy of mention.

Romeu for a performance that belied his age. Very very happy with Torres of course.

If Essien is fit enough to be involved in the second half of the season I can see Mikel getting very little action if Romeu keeps up this level of performance.

Torres, two good goals, link up play was great, showed some nice skill and dribbling. An all round good preformance, shame he seemed to shy out of it. Luiz was also good, but a bit rash and Romeu who had a good solid game.

Edit; Not to forget meireles who was also brilliant, speeds our play up really well.

First half he was on fire. Going to watch at home again after work. Wonder if he got a little tired second half. One thing to be training, another to be playing a full 90 minutes. Nice to see the two ex-LFC players score in the CL. Scousers must have been having fun today.

I know Gunk were not the best we've faced this season, but even so,Torres was superb,(mostly first half) & would have been a handfull for any defence on that form.

He gets my vote for Motm,but only just ahead of Luiz who shows an eye for a 40 yard pass that any world class midfielder would be proud of.......great stuff.

Well played to bossy too,unlucky not to score & worked his socks off down the flanks,hopefully a sign of a good season to come from him.

Many fine performances today and I really should give my vote to someone like Torres. But seeing as I expect most here will do that, I went with someone else - Ferreira.

Yeah, he wasn't the best today, but I still thought he did rather well when he came on and in the wrong position.

Only saw last 30mins but now that I've seen the highlights I have voted for Meireles. Great goal and great passing from him. Torres was my initial first choice but he got very frustrated in the closing stages losing the ball a lot. He was obviously looking for his hat-trick and he lost his sharpness a bit. Anyway great goals from him. He is really enjoying his football playing with Raul.

Romeu is pure class and dare I say he is already more useful than Mikel. Haven't seen that kind of confidence and cool in a DM since Maka. Brilliant boy.

Romeu is pure class and dare I say he is already more useful than Mikel. Haven't seen that kind of confidence and cool in a DM since Maka. Brilliant boy.

Voted for the obvious but have to agree on Romeu, he looks like he's been part of the team for years. very impressive.