Blackburn v Chelsea (PL) 05/11/11 KO 15:00 GMT

A tricky fixture, regardless of their current league position.

I would go for the following, if I were in charge:

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole

Romeu

Lampard Ramires

Sturridge Mata

Torres

However I fully expect to see:

Cech

Bosingwa Ivanovic Terry Cole

Mikel

Lampard Ramires

Malouda Mata

Torres

How long is it going to take before everyone realises that Sturridge can only play effectively at center forward? I'd rather see Ramires up their, Meireles in the center and Torres dropped.

--------------------------Cech

Ivanovic---------Luiz----------Terry---------Cole

-----------Meireles----Romeu-----Lampard

------Ramires-------Sturridge---------Mata

Edited by bluish

How long is it going to take before everyone realises that Sturridge can only play effectively at center forward? I'd rather see Ramires up their, Meireles in the center and Torres dropped.

Did you watch the contribution Sturridge made playing from the right at Bolton this season?

Oh no he hasnt been effective at all being our joint top scorer from wide right.

And you want to play Ramires on the right of the front three? While we're at it why not play Luiz as center forward. I'm sure thats a better shout than Ramires at right forward anyway.

Everyone looks like a star against Bolton. I've seen recent performances of him having trouble playing a ball in. He should be at the end of the ball not creating the chance.

Well no not everyone looks like a star against Bolton to be honest but regardless I just picked out that game as he was particularly oustanding there, he has been good in most games from the right in my opinion, Old Trafford being an exception.

Did u not see in the game last night where he put it on a plate for Lampard from the right?

He has been one of our best looking players this season and he has played every game on the right, I can't really see where you are coming from. Potentially he could be just as good or better playing centrally but then who would you play wide right- Ramires?? Think I would stick with Sturridge on the right myself!

It's early here. I should at least wait til after lunch to talk football. Forget about the Ramires thing. The only point I was trying to make is I think Sturridge should get a chance to play CF like he did on loan. Blackburn seems like a good time. I think he didn't have a great game on the right against Arsenal either.

Edited by bluish

Somehow this feels like THE game which will tell us a lot about AVB and a lot of the players. If he can manage to get a reaction in an emphatic way, we can all relax and let him take the club forward. If, however, he fails in this game too the vultures would be out in force. Blackburn beat Arsenal in their bad moment so this is going to be a very tough game. They are good at set pieces which will be a stern test of our defense. Lets hope AVB has learn the hard way that Bosingwa and Mikel have no place in the starting line up.

We need players with passion to get a reaction in this game and apart from Terry and Lampard the only ones I can see having some passion are Ramires and Luiz. I hope Luiz retains his place and Ivanovic plays right back.

Romeu has to start a prem game sooner rather than later so this could be the game with Ramires and Lampard on either side of him. Forwards pick themselves up really.

We need everyone to step up, to realize that this is the game where we can arrest the downward momentum. If we win here we can go into the international break with our spirits high again so that when we come back we're ready for the huge game against Liverpool with fresh memories of the victory against Blackburn.

Somehow this feels like THE game which will tell us a lot about AVB and a lot of the players. If he can manage to get a reaction in an emphatic way, we can all relax and let him take the club forward. If, however, he fails in this game too the vultures would be out in force. Blackburn beat Arsenal in their bad moment so this is going to be a very tough game. They are good at set pieces which will be a stern test of our defense. Lets hope AVB has learn the hard way that Bosingwa and Mikel have no place in the starting line up.

We need players with passion to get a reaction in this game and apart from Terry and Lampard the only ones I can see having some passion are Ramires and Luiz. I hope Luiz retains his place and Ivanovic plays right back.

Romeu has to start a prem game sooner rather than later so this could be the game with Ramires and Lampard on either side of him. Forwards pick themselves up really.

We need everyone to step up, to realize that this is the game where we can arrest the downward momentum. If we win here we can go into the international break with our spirits high again so that when we come back we're ready for the huge game against Liverpool with fresh memories of the victory against Blackburn.

Well said. I agree with all of this.

Blackburn is a very, very big game because it will give us an indication of our team's character and desire. It's been a lackluster 2 weeks with 2 losses, a draw, and an extra time win. We need a bounce back performance in a huge way.

Think thats harsh on Cole and Ivanovic.

Totally agree about Romeu, he must be so close to starting a Premier League game now. Its blatantly obvious he offers the team so much more than JOM and i challenge anyone to disagree.

My team would be Cech, Paulo, JT, Luiz Cole, Romeu,Lampard,Ramires, Mata, Sturridge, Torres.

He clearly wont pick Paulo so its just another few days of praying he plays Ivanovic over Bosingwa. But i dont hold out much hope.

Depending what happens over the next few days with the JT stuff he may well not get picked (if the storm gets worse).

Its going to be a tough game, really tough. We really need to win this, and as people are saying its a match for big, strong characters.

Which means Bosingwa, Malouda and Mikel need to be nowhere near Ewood Park this weekend.

Edited by bjd

I would also drop Torres and play Sturridge through the centre. Torres is once again looking like the player he was prior to his minor increase in form at the start of this season and I see no reason why he should start.

However if we do that I don't see that playing Ramires out of position on the right hand side of a front three is the solution. It either has to be Anelka playing there or we stick by Torres and play Sturridge there.

Personally I would go with

Cech, Ivan, JT, Luiz Cole, Romeu,Lampard,Ramires, Mata, Sturridge, Anelka

I would have no problem seeing Paulo at right back either but that isn't going to happen so Ivan has to get the nod over Bosingwa.

How long will it be until you realize that he isn't playing like a wide, true winger. He starts out wide yes, but he isn't the guy throwing in crosses and feeding other players. He is there to score. AVB said he is "Chelsea's Hulk." Sturridge actually likes to start on the right and cut in, sometimes too much. As games go it seems like his crossing is getting better.

When we have doubt about beating Blackburn, we know we are in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if AVB throws in the same 11 as last week. He was bold enough to drop Lampard and Drogba etc, but when comes to Boswinga and Mikel, it seems to be planned rotation. On the positive side, we still create a lot of chances, hopefully this time the chances will go to the right man to finsih them off. Going by highlights, Torres was one of the better ones last night. Dropping him is fair enough since he hasn't been great, but put in the misfiring and walking pace Anelka is just madness. He should not be anywhere near the first 11 right now.

The result could be anything, 2 all, 4-3, if we put away all our chances, could be a 8:0 :smile:

Hate to say this.....a must win game....if we are interested in the title. Being 12 back, as early in the season this is, I think will just be to bigger gap to close with the squad we have. Other teams surrounding us believe that there is a crack in the door to grab at least a 4th spot finish and as I have said many times...we do not want to be in a fight for 4th.

Hate to say this.....a must win game....if we are interested in the title. Being 12 back, as early in the season this is, I think will just be to bigger gap to close with the squad we have. Other teams surrounding us believe that there is a crack in the door to grab at least a 4th spot finish and as I have said many times...we do not want to be in a fight for 4th.

Call me a defeatest but I don't think that the title is of great interest to us already. I just can't see anyone overhauling City. Their squad is just so much better than everyone elses and they are now playing as a team to boot. Plus Tevez will be back in the fold there soon enough and I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see Van Persie being one of their January additions.

But all the same we really need to get back to winning ways pronto as the battle for spots 2,3 & 4 look like it is going to be one hell of a battle this year.