Sam Hutchinson to be named in first team squad

BlueNose

His rehabilitation is still an ongoing process, so he's not fully fit yet, but he's been playing matched for the reserves, which is encouraging. If he gets himself fully fit, he could turn out to be a decent back up for Ivanovic(both can play on the right and in the center).

Wow, thats unexpected and amazing. Well done Sam, what a story!

And god bless the club for having the heart to keep him around and stick with him through recovery!

Fantastic news for both the club & him! We need a RB, he's young, English and member of our youth team - hope he's ready coz if he is - play him.

While I am expecting very little from him at first, its hard not to get carried away reading something like that. What a story it would be if he came in and established himself as our fullback of the future! That would be the stuff dreams are made of, as if his comeback, two years later, isnt good enough.

We should bring Sam on in a game at home. Not only to give him some minutes, but also because I would love to hear the reaction from the supporters :good2:

Not sure how much the tourist fans and part time supporters who flock to the bridge these days would know about him! :) - It would be amazing though and as has already been said, the stuff dreams are made of. If he does establish himself then it would be a story worthy of a Hollywood movie.

Can't help but think we hadn't been calling for a right back if his knee wasn't so problematic. Always looked solid when he was fit and given the chance. Comfortable on the ball, solid defensively, decent pace, (based on that superb assist against Stoke) good cross, intelligent and of course - Chelsea through and through.

If he could come back and be that alternative we need at the back, that would be amazing. But not holding my breath, although I can't help but getting excited by this piece of news.

Edited by Anders