Eidur interview

Backbiter

Nicked off another forum:

Eidur Gudjohnsen former Chelsea player who currently plays for AEK Athens answered some questions on Icelandic radio yesterday. Here are some of the answers translated into English.

Funniest person you've played with: Alexei Smertin, always in a good mood and got you laughing.

The least intelligent person you've played with: Geremi.

Then he was asked if Drogba and Eto'o were unbearable characters: He said that Drogba was far from that, had great impact in the dressing room and that he was a great person outside the field. He didn't have any words for Eto'o though.

Which club does your heart beat for: Chelsea for sure.

On Chelsea's striker problems he joked about the club having problems replacing him since he left with players like Shevchenko and Torres.

Best 11 you've played with:

Goalkeeper: Petr Cech

Right back: Dani Alves

Left back: Abidal (He didn't play with A. Cole)

Centre backs: John Terry and Carles Puyol

Defensive midfielder: Claude Makelele

Centre midfielders: Xavi and Iniesta

Forward line: Ronaldinho, Messi and Ronaldo the fat one (played with him at PSV).

A great character and fantastic footballer. Probably underachieved given his sublime talent.

He single handledly tore the Northene Ireland team to shreds a few years back in a 3-0 hammering.

I was in the stands watching in disgust at our defence l, but also in awe at his ability.

Great player, nice fella and I was sad to see him to.

Best 11 you've played with:

Goalkeeper: Petr Cech

Right back: Dani Alves

Left back: Abidal (He didn't play with A. Cole)

Centre backs: John Terry and Carles Puyol

Defensive midfielder: Claude Makelele

Centre midfielders: Xavi and Iniesta

Forward line: Ronaldinho, Messi and Ronaldo the fat one (played with him at PSV).

I have to say that surprised me. Was sure that both had been here at the same time.

I have "Gudjohnsen 22" on my 01-02 home shirt.

Wear it with pride till today. Love the bloke and got to meet him in person when they came to Malaysia in 03.

I have to say that surprised me. Was sure that both had been here at the same time.

Eidur left in 06, Ash joined in 06. Don't think they'd have played all that much.

One of my favorite ever Chelsea players, and despite what I ever thought of Jimmy, I thought they were one of our most prolific strike partnerships ever. Also I don't think we've played 4-4-2 since then

He is my favourite Chelsea player and was arguably as big a loss as Robben when he left. We were very Drogba-centric after that.

I love his quote when he moved to Spurs and they asked him about WHL and he said 'Yeah I don't think I've ever lost here, so it's fair to say I enjoy this ground!' Gold. I bet that endeared him to the Spuds supporters.

Great player, he did have some very frustrating moments as well though but don't all players.

surprised Zola,Lamps and JFH are not in his list of great players

However you could argue there are plenty that could be add or taken away.

(null)

Such a brilliant player, especially in that partnership with JFH. He had 2 seasons where he was one of the best strikers in europe, but I also feel he never fully fulfilled his potential with us. I hated his last season with us, he was neither a striker nor a midfielder and no-one knew where to play him, plus he was very inconsistent and i feel it marred his time with us slightly. Love the bloke though, and its great to see another player who loves our club as much as we do.

Yeah he wasn't used well in that final season. Drogba had finally come into his own and we focused on him, Eidur was more a bit part player, a guy who played because you couldn't leave him out, but we sort of tried to make a spot for him and it wasn't necessarily always a positive thing.