The futures of Malouda and Kalou

Scooby Blue

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7560198/?

So AVB has confirmed that we are currently talking to Flo but are yet to open talks with Kalou.

I will always appreciate what both of them have done for us over the years, but the squad needs refreshing and if I had to pick players to leave I would have both on the list. Having said that, given the choice, if I had to keep one it would be Kalou.

I'd agree with that Scooby as I don't see either as first eleven material but can't see Malouda being as happy with that as Kalou (to his credit) has always been.

It looks like its a Club decision and not one the Manager has come to which for me though is still a worry, I'd much rather he had full control over who comes and gos, I can't understand how Manager can be expected to change the style of play if hes not in full control.

What is it about Malouda that managers see I don't get it he has had 1 good season that is it he is not a team player and never will be but over the years managers pick him don't know why? as for Kalou he is Kalou love him or hate him what you see is what get sometimes good but most times bad so if they both went would not be a bad thing.

Kalou should have gone years ago, but this season (and some of last) Malouda has become my most despised player.. I find his lack of effort repulsive lately. AVB said something very similar to what I think the other day about how he wants players here who WANT to play for the club as opposed to just come for money. I believe we have a few of those in Luiz and Ramires but we have too many hangers on at this club, not including just the players.

http://www1.skysport...11095/7560198/?

So AVB has confirmed that we are currently talking to Flo but are yet to open talks with Kalou.

I will always appreciate what both of them have done for us over the years, but the squad needs refreshing and if I had to pick players to leave I would have both on the list. Having said that, given the choice, if I had to keep one it would be Kalou.

Yes, me too. I wonder what the thinking is behind this? I was surprised when I read it.

I can't understand why he would keep Malouda (although he scored for France midweek) he hasn't played well for since the double. Kalou can be very frustrating (even Torres could chuckle at some of his misses), but he has the uncanny ability of being able to play crap then score a goal out of nothing.

This bit:

"At the moment Kalou is finishing his contract and we haven't decided on further continuity, not me but the football club, and Malouda we have been speaking to and there is interest from both parties to continue with his future but we have to decide at the end of the season," Villas-Boas told the club's official website.

"For the player that he was for this football club, a good servant of the club, and for the match minutes that he has at the moment it's something we have to talk about at the end of the season."

Would lead me to believe its not going to be a decision made by the Manager...I don't know how we're ever going to go through a transition, change the style of play to that I'm sure the Manager described to Roman when they talked about the 'project' if its not his decision on the comings and goings of personel.

All that will do apart from taking up valuable squad places for players that might not fit the planned style is leed to more critisism of AVB (like already in this thread) when hes not even the one responsible.

The Club are not going to go into the transfer Market for a dozen players so I can see an argument for talking over contracts with players that could still do a job but if they are on high wages and not likely to feature as first team regulars, I'd hope that it would be the Managers decision as to if they were offered another deal, something tells me it won't be and that leaves the same old

problem of having to keep these players happy when they might not fit in the system he wants to play.

AVB has said hes interested in a couple of Wingers...with the midfield players we have I can't see a starting place for Malouda and I really can't see him being happy as back up.

Edited by Chippy

Yes, me too. I wonder what the thinking is behind this? I was surprised when I read it.

http://www1.skysport...11095/7560198/?

As is becoming apparent he doesn't seem to have much of a say (de Bryune and cahill if thats to be believed)

So I guess what he really means is

"i've been told were letting Kalouless go, but I haven't been told if were ditching Malouda yet, I guess i'll find out when I open the paper in the morning as they never f**king consult me!!"

As is becoming apparent he doesn't seem to have much of a say (de Bryune and cahill if thats to be believed)

So I guess what he really means is

"i've been told were letting Kalouless go, but I haven't been told if were ditching Malouda yet, I guess i'll find out when I open the paper in the morning as they never f**king consult me!!"

Given the rumors these days, it's ironic to remember that one of the reasons Jose Mourinho left is because he would no longer have the final say on player buys.

Chelsea really does have a schizophrenic approach to buying talent.

What is the point of having a manager at this club if they never have full control on the team.

I dont honestly think many managers have full control of a club anymore. Other than the likes of Fergie and Wenger who have been there for ages, I bet you could name on one hand the managers with control. Even the Barcelona manager has players bought and sold beneath him.

I dont honestly think many managers have full control of a club anymore. Other than the likes of Fergie and Wenger who have been there for ages, I bet you could name on one hand the managers with control. Even the Barcelona manager has players bought and sold beneath him.

I agree that full control of a club is unusual but really I can't see why owners meddle in transfers in or out other than to give a Manager an idea of availlable funds, give him an idea of a wage structure and maybe go over a list of Targets with him and possible contract lengths etc.

I think in this case where Roman has specificully targetted AVB as a young upcomming coach to take the team through a transition in not just style of play but with a view to lowering the overall age of the squad, If he doesn't give him control then he is in effect forcing his hand, players such as Malouda, if they don't fit to AVBs vision for the way the team are going to play are only going to make it harder to change the style, if he wants a couple of wingers (and we al know thats a good idea) then Malouda is surely going to be left out of the team on a regular basis and if Roman wants him to be playing then the style won't be easy to change.

I have nothing against Malouda and this stands for any other player here, its no good calling in a mechanic to change a starter motor, telling him the tools are here but if he wants a thirteen mill spanner not to worry because you've got a perfectly good 9/16th that can do a Job,

Its a sory state of affairs if hes got to sit back and admit the decisions are not his, its understandable if he targets a type of player but Roman doesn't want to pay lets say 85 mill for Hulk but says heres 25mill point a player out that can do the same sort of job and you can spend that on him but expecting attacking free flowing football without giving the Manager players he wants is going to make it unlikely.

Edited by Chippy

Both are shi t.And RA im starting thinking of him lika a 50% angel 50% demon, yes he got us off mediocrity BUT his backstage decisions are a fuking disaster.

Edited by Rami