Who will be the new manager? (merged)

TrollBoy

96 members have voted

1. 1. What Manager Are We Waiting For ??

• Jose Mourinho
    • Brendan Rogers
    • Unai Emery
    • Pep Guardiola
    • David Moyes
    • Walter Smith

Not a chance JM is coming back to Chelsea. Not a chance. Its over, done.He isnt coming back, and nor should he come back.

People need to stop beating themselves off silly at the thought of it and get over it, and him!!

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Everyone can tell me 'I don't know what I'm doing' Call me a clueless tw*t for 9mths but I'll have the last laugh as I ride off into the sunset a very rich man.

Seriously though not sure Pep would be any good here. JM back for me though would he want to return? He has a standing here now that could nly be damaged with a second spell.

Does anyone really expect Pep to leave Barcelona, for the shower of sh*t set up we have?

He would be an idiot.

Rumours for the last couple of seasons have suggested that he wants a new challenge, though.... lets be honest, how much in terms of management do Barcelona take right now? Most of the starting XI have been brought the youth set up playing the exact same way so they don't need to be told what to do. The players are the best in the world, all he has to do is keep them all playing week in, week out and he has the luxury of being able to call on a long list of talented youngsters and can bring them through. He has it so easy, he has apparently become bored, not to mention he's won everything and really he has to keep the squad motivated which apparently takes a lot out of him because of the way he works. So yeah, it is a possibility.

The problem I see is whether he'd be right. He has no experience of English football, AVB worked under Mourinho for us. He is used to playing 'the barca way', which we can't with our players, we don't have a Xavi, a Messi an Iniesta, a Fabregas... we have a Mata, a Luiz and a Romeu as far as true technical players go. He'd cost more than AVB did and he'd be just as much of a risk...

Yes but he has won everything and the players will have huge respect for him, unlike the "scout" AVB.Pep is one of the 3 best managers in the world and u dont want him ? Jesus.

Edited by Rami

You need to be realistic about this. We're not a top club at the moment, and if we fail to get 4th we'll be even further down. 1 season can make a hell of a difference in football, if we miss out on CL football then instantly we will miss out on some top players we may want because of the lack of CL football, that or we will have to pay them even more money to convince them to come here. Same goes for managers. Why would Jose leave Real Madrid who are probably the 2nd best team in the world to come to a team that is falling apart from top to bottom? Same goes for Guardiola.

I honestly don't know how we are even 5th, our form should have us about 10th. Problem is Roman won't accept a "project" of re-building. It's either instant results or you're gone, and it's turning us into a laughing stock with no future.

Edited by Zeta Orionis

Yes but he has won everything and the players will have huge respect for him, unlike the "scout" AVB.Pep is one of the 3 best managers in the world and u dont want him ? Jesus.

By what metric is he is one of the 3 best? He's won everything, yes but he's done so with possibly the best team the world has ever seen. A team he hasn't had to build, a team who plays the same way at every level so it becomes a philosophy that is ingrained in the players. The players already play that way and it's the only way he knows how to play, he hasn't had to coach them into that way of playing. He has won sh*tloads and may well be the 3rd best in the world but even so, that doesn't make him right for us. It's like saying that because Torres was one of the best strikers in the world, he was the right signing for us to make, there is more to it than that.

Zeta/Blueskies - We still have money to some extent and our recent success adds a lot of draw to us.

It's pointless talking about who's style of play suits our players as regardless of who comes in we need a major investment in playing staff in the summer

It's not necessarily about who suits our current playing style, but it's a lot about who suits the league and I don't think Pep will be as successful away from Barcelona just because of how everything was there for him to be a success there. Things are the exact opposite here.

IMO the biggest problem for who ever comes in will be the same...the 'old guard' who seemingly don't understand the word 'retired' or 'bench'. If this was player power either directly or indirectly that influenced AVB's dismissal then the problem will still exist now and into next season unless the manager is given absolute automony or the 'old guard' are moved before the start of next year. Unless we make 4th spot none of the top managers in the world will want to come here if we are out of the top five we even have less of a chance of securing any manager with any decent credentials. We will never move on as a club developing young players while the thought of having a trophyless season is unacceptable. Jose has let the likes of JT, Lamps and Drogba to close to him so he is hardly likely to drop them from the line up, therefore not the ideal choice for me while they are still around. Pep might be the ideal but he'll need some convincing and lots of cash.

It's not necessarily about who suits our current playing style, but it's a lot about who suits the league and I don't think Pep will be as successful away from Barcelona just because of how everything was there for him to be a success there. Things are the exact opposite here.

Same goes for messi then, he has only proved himself in the best team in the world.I guess u dont want him at Chelsea ?

Same goes for messi then, he has only proved himself in the best team in the world.I guess u dont want him at Chelsea ?

Or maybe it doesn't quite work like that for players...

Scolari proved himself by winning the World Cup with the best national team around at the time, maybe we should give him another chance? See, I can do ridiculous rhetorical questions as well.

Back then we had a squad capable of winning PL and CL, we just needed a good coach (not even a manager).Now however the current squad is completely incapable and we need to shipout and replace the deadwood.We need a new project and what better project can be offered then Pep Guardiolla's Barcelona ?

Current betting :

Benitez 6/4 (OH FU*K)

Guardiola 7/2

Di Matteo 5/1

Mourinho 6/1

Capello 10/1

Moyes 12/1

Rodgers 16/1

O'neill 16/1

I will have a small punt on David Moyes as he would be my choice !!!