Race for Promotion/Relegation Battle

Myles_91

Only 6 games to go in the Football League which ends later this month.

Currently

1. Southampton 78

2. Reading 76

--------------------

3. W*st Ham 72

4. Birmingham 63

5. Blackpool 63

6. Brighton 63

--------------------

7. Middlesbrough 61

8. Cardiff 61

Birmingham have a game in hand tomorrow but a tricky run-in. I'd be tempted to say if they win their game in hand they'll make playoff's.

Southampton should be okay, Reading can be caught but it's unlikely. Seems nobody wants to up this year, normally one team pulls away but this hasn't been the case.

I'm in two minds with West Ham, I hate them but at the same time I enjoy the games with them and of course the 6 points, really and truly they are a Prem team.

Anyone But Cardiff is fine by me, but ideally as many Southern teams as possible. Wouldn't mind seeing Brighton go up for Gus Poyet (I've forgiven him now). Birmingham just as I live there atm and much prefer them to Villa. Be nice to have another Midlands team as Wolves will go down.

At the bottom we have

15. Villa 33

16. Bolton 29

17. Blackburn 28

----------------------------

18. QPR 28

19. Wigan 28

20. Wolves 22

Wolves are down now. I think Villa will get sucked in. I hate Wigan also but wouldn't mind them staying up at QPR's expense. As long as QPR go down I'm happy, and if they could take Villa with them it would soften the blow of us maybe missing out on the top 4 or finishing below a rival club. My 3 to go down though are QPR, Wigan and Wolves. Villa should just have enough and they will do it for Petrov, plus they have a game in hand.

Have to somehow hope Birmingham and/or Blackpool can catch Reading/West Ham and they're relegated to the play offs - neither coming up as a result. Reading still have that utter c*nt playing for them and West Ham are West Ham.

Wolves are certainly down in my opinion and hope QPR follow, the rest are so tight.

Have to somehow hope Birmingham and/or Blackpool can catch Reading/West Ham and they're relegated to the play offs - neither coming up as a result. Reading still have that utter c*nt playing for them and West Ham are West Ham.

Wolves are certainly down in my opinion and hope QPR follow, the rest are so tight.

Hey go easy on my home town team....who is the utter c**t your referring to? The 'Hunt' playing for them is the brother of the c**t Hunt playing for Wolves, make sure you get your Hunt and c**t correct....assuming your referring to the Hunt who gave Cech the head injury?

• 2 weeks later...

Reading are back in the EPL.

Southhampton are almost there as well.

Also, Portsmouth are likely to get relegated from the Championship. I feel bad for their fans.

Edited by ace

My home town Royals are Champions....again! thanks to Southampton losing at Middlesborough. West Ham could beat out Southampton if they win their remaining games and the Saints lose...doubt it. We should see some great open play football next year with the likes of Swansea, Norwich, Reading and Southampton. They might get hammered but it will be entertaining. I think the Hammers will be in tough to make it back, the play offs are tough. Going down with a whimper..Wolves, with a fight Bolton and then a toss up between Wigan, Blackburn, QPR with both QPR and Blackburn having to come here and we have to win both those to even have a sniff at 4th.

I take heart from the fact that Spurs still have to play Bolton and Villa, both of whom will be desperate to claw their way to safety.

I just hope Blackburn are out of it by the final day. Though even teams already relegated can be tricky at this point of the season.

Blackburn gone. QPR or Bolton to follow. Hopefully Bolton can get the needed result against Stroke, I doubt QPR will get anything from their game against City. If QPR stay up, when was the last time all three promoted teams beat the drop?

West Ham playing either Blackpool or Birmingham for the last spot. I liked Blackpool's style of football last year, wouldn't mind seeing them again. I hate West Ham, but part of me wants to see them come up so we can have 6 free points for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see West Ham get promoted, two more London derbies is a lot more interesting than Blackpool away. Also it will amuse me to see them go straight back down again!

I think that we've already got too many bloody derbies. I've always felt that it makes things harder as we're playing in someones bitter cup final fixture every couple of weeks. Surely it helps the Manchester sides as QPR, West Ham, Spurs, and other smaller London clubs don't feel the need to raise their game against them?