Where is Romeu

Zola

There's talk about his contract. The whole buy-back clause issue. Nobody knows exactly what it says for sure but there are theories that say AVB and now RDM are not playing him because they realise how good he is and are worried about Barca taking him back at the end of this season or the next (when I think the clause expires). Apparently there may also be a clause in the contract that says Barca have this option if he makes a certain number of appearances.

I think this is quite likely the reason because there can only be two other reasons for why he is not playing:

1. He is not good enough (pfffffff)

2. He has done something behind the scenes that has led to him being disregarded.

Point 1. is just false, and point 2. seems extremely unlikely given that any kind of behind the scenes drama finds its way to the media very quickly these days. At the very least there are rumours. Complete silence on this suggests that he has done nothing wrong however.

I would conclude from this that it is something to do with his contract. Chelsea are afraid of losing him, so they are either trying to make the world forget about him until Barca no longer have the option or they are trying not to surpass the amount of appearances necessary for them to buy him back (or both).

If indeed this is the reason why he has vanished, then congratulations to the Chelsea board by putting in a ridiculous clause that ruins a signing that was actually promising.

OR, you could just accept the truth - the boy has been injured and is making his way back to full fitness.

I don't know there you go blowing away a great conspiarcy story ..................you'll be telling us the Scouse fans had nothing to do with Hilssbrough next .....

I don't know there you go blowing away a great conspiarcy story ..................you'll be telling us the Scouse fans had nothing to do with Hilssbrough next .....

or Heysel, that was our fault apparently

OR, you could just accept the truth - the boy has been injured and is making his way back to full fitness.

Has been been badly injured though ? I recall him being on the injured list for a few games for sometihng minor, but nothing that would keep him out for so long. He hasnt even been making the bench until the past few games.

Really rate this lad, he has been a shining light in an often very poor midfield when he has played. Id like him to play for us for many years to come. He seems to have twice as much in his locker as some of the other players he is fighting for places with.

What is this injury he has/had? It was said that he had a niggle, but for three and a bit months? He's been training with the first team as well in that time. If a player is out due to injury then it is generally made quite clear that that is the case.

Knee injury. There is also the theory of why develop a player for him to be bought back by Barca when Mikel is playing so well.We do have good competition for that spot..

words fail me

Edited by bjd

Knee injury. There is also the theory of why develop a player for him to be bought back by Barca when Mikel is playing so well. We do have good competition for that spot..

This was laid to rest months ago.

All Barca have is a right of first refusal, should Chelsea decide to sell Romeu. Both Barca and Chelsea have publicly said so.

Barca have no claim on him.

Exactly,

if we sell him Barca have first right to buy for a set amount at year one and a set amount at year two. if they refuse, he's on the open market.

He had an ankle injury, if I recall, followed by a knee injury straight after. He was on the bench for us recently so I expect he's back to full fitness

He's been on the bench for the last 3-4 games, so that's either a lie or his presence on the bench was totally useless as he was unfit to play, taking up a spot that someone else could have had.

Either way, I'm not pleased.

It is a bit strange whats happened to this kid. He was on the bench for the Wigan games but thats been about it since January really. There are lots of theory's about his contract but only Barca and Chelsea know the details, we can only guess.

Except doesn't "wherefore art thou" mean "Why are you", not "where are you"?

I've been doing my research and I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is that you are correct. I am wrong. (Bugger!)

Bad news is that actually you are wrong too. Ha!!

It actually means "for what purpose" rather than "why". For a more detailed, not to mention complicated and boring, explanation see here.

My other consolation is that it was you and moi who picked me up on it!!