Your Favourite Game Series

Zeta

What's your favourite series of games?

I've got a few which are pretty hard to pick from:

Half Life

Metal Gear Solid

Deus Ex

Half Life is probably what i'd pick if I absolutely had to, though probably more for sentimental reasons than actual quality. It's not that the story or the graphics or even the gameplay are particularly brilliant, it's just that it was probably the first FPS that I actually played much and started to enjoy (I did play Quake on the N64 but it was a bit pants I thought). Thought for its time, certianly the first one was pretty ground breaking.

MGS is a really amazing series of games, with a few exceptions which were quite weak. It's been years and years since I played the first one (well the first one on the playstation) and I never actually owned it, just borrowed it, but remember it being pretty addicting. Then the PS2 came along and so did Sons of Liberty. What a game that was. Snakeeater I didn't much care for, but than Guns of the Patriots was just amazing as well. They've over done it a bit I think with some of them, esecpailly with the whole Ninja Raiden thing, and the plotlines are ridiculous and hard to follow, but none of that really matters when you're playing it, because it's just some...awesome.

Deus Ex - I was a late comer to Deus Ex, only playing the first one a few years ago. It reminded me somewhat of Half Life in the way it looked and felt, though obviously had many differences. I skipped the 2nd one as the reviews were pretty bad, but Human Revolution was very good. Really nice appearance, interesting characters and plotline (although I thought the end was a little weak, but isn't that always the way with these games?).

What about you?

I don't play much these days, but I enjoyed the Tekken series up until (and including) the tag version. The first few Soul Calibur games were fun. The 2d versions of Worms were a lot of fun as multiplayers, as were some versions of PES about 5-10 years ago, although I've had some fun playing FIFA as well. Old adventure games include some of my favorite games of all time: Monkey Island series(I've played just the first two, though), Space Quest, etc.

To be honest I haven't heard of most of the games mentioned so far :oldboy:

Most of the games I've mentioned are ancient, if you asked the kids these days. I played the first Civilization and it was good. I haven't played the later installments, though.

Championship/Football Manager

Civilization

Rome Total War

To be honest I haven't heard of most of the games mentioned so far :oldboy:

Im surprised you are that advanced, I expected Jet Set Willy and Horace goes Skiiing from you.

Im surprised you are that advanced, I expected Jet Set Willy and Horace goes Skiiing from you.

Never heard of 'em! :smile:

Used to enjoy NHLPA (or whatever it was called) Ice Hockey on MegaDrive, but injured my wrist playing and had to have a steroid injection in my wrist - totally ruined my game, and Montreal were never the same.

Final Fantasy

Diablo (yes, even 3)

Starcraft

Phantasy Star (oh how I long for the old Sega consoles at times)

Elder Scrolls

FIFA

Madden

Those are probably the best series of games I've played with obviously some in the series better than others.

If you include mods and related games, Half Life by a mile.

Half Life

Half Life: Opposing Force

Half Life 2

Counter-strike 1.6

Counter-strike Source

Team Fortress Classic

Team Fortress 2

Agree, the orange box set for consoles for me is the best value for money release ever in gaming, and anyone who hasnt picked it up should really give it a go.

Fallout,

Batman,

Resident Evil

not tried the new Uncharted but two was good.

Anyone recommend any others I should try based on these? Always been tempted to try the assassin's creed ones. And I think that Orange Box set may have to be a purchase in the future.

Archived