Best christmas song and movie - nomination

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Only about two weeks left until Christmas, which is absolutely lovely!

And seeing as there's christmas songs everywhere we turn and christmas movies are shown on tv quite a lot I thought we'd have a little vote about which christmas song and movie is the best one.

I had one on a swedish forum last year, but I won't tell you the winners from that one yet.

I thought we'd start off with nominating songs and movies. There are so many songs to chose from so even if I write down a hundred, you'd probably still say that some are missing. Better to let you nominate songs and movies and then we'll have a vote.

I know it is cheesy but for some reason I really like Slade ... I think it is just the big hit from my child hood so many happy memories and a great one to strum along to if you play the guitar.

Like the pogues too.... but been to see them twice in the 90's  and it was just painful to watch .. What would you expect :-) ... and they seem in recent years to have played it to death because it tops all the listeners’ polls; so it has taken the edge off for me, however it is probably still the best song.

Like my films not to heavy going and family oriented at Christmas,

National Lampoons Christmas vacation, love Chevy Chase.. cr*p film but love it at the same time....

and the kids favorite Home Alone

Maks!!   That's horrible!!!!!  But  funny!    :happy001:  :happy001:

I didn't nominate a film, because I'm not too into schmaltzy Christmas films., but if we're allowed ones that are regularly shown at Christmas, I'd go for Zulu, or The Great Escape!  Never tire of seeing Steve McQueen leap the frontier fence on a motorbike! 

Movie: Home Alone 1, tradition to watch the day before xmas! Elf is a close second.

Song: No clue, pretty much only know 3 ones, Last Christmas, All I want for Christmas and Santa Clause is coming to town, so the last one then probably as that is the only one thats not a love song.