Victor Moses - Good signing or not?

ishangodbole

I like Moses - generally just gets on with it. A route-1 player who (cleverly) draws a lot of fouls in dangerous spaces. Adds a physical presence to our midfield, which is sorely needed. Never going to be a world-beater, but I'm sure he'll make a fair contribution to any future successes. It's nice to have some players who aren't over-priced, over-paid prima-donnas in the squad.

I was dead against signing when it seemed it was Moses or Hulk but now im glad this deal went through. He really has stepped up a gear and proved me wrong. I couldnt see him being able to up his game to get to our level but he has and im pleased to say i was wrong. He has been a good signing so far.

You were pretty adamant about it too, mate! 

We've been tracking him since Mourinho was here and he was a 16 year old debuting for Palace and while he hasn't been the early bloomer everyone expected him to be, I think he's got a lot of potential and I hope he continues to prove not just Uno wrong but his detractors who chased him out of the England setup too. 

I think sometimes we get carried away with the teenage prodigies while forgetting there are plenty of attacking players who were quite late bloomers compared to their potential. Players like Iniesta and Sneijder are undoubtedly world-class but were in and out of favour in difficult teams and didn't really explode on to the scene until their mid-20s, and of course even players like Ronaldinho or Cristiano Ronaldo would fit in this category as they went from showboating early 20-year olds to the best players on the planet in the space of one or two seasons.

I'm hoping that Moses will play a similar role in our squad as what Freddie Ljungberg did for Arsenal, a mostly orthodox winger who plays outside his man, but often drifts into scoring positions in the box. Ljungberg was good for 10+ goals a season and for a long time I've maintained failing to replace him with a similar player has been one of Arsenal's biggest oversights.

He has been very effective in his handful of games, and before the ACON I thought he was starting to establish himself as a starting player. As others have said he brings another dimension to our attacking play, one that we've been missing in his absence.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing him play in the same team with Ba as I think their playing styles will be well matched. 

He's probably been our best signing in terms of the amount of money he cost, and I definitely feel we've missed him. Like others have said, he's direct and quick down whatever wing he plays on, and not afraid to try and go past players.

Be nice to have him back ASAP to be fair!

Any competent winger who has pace and can dribble would look very good in our team (No idea what's going on with Marin situation, it's certainly not his ability). Don't get me wrong, he's done well but I don't think it's all down to his ability, it's just us lacking a proper winger like him for years. If that makes sense.

I'm still not convinced on his technical ability. His passing and crossing are still erratic and I think the few goals he's scored has made people turn a blind eye towards it. Still, for the amount we paid and his age, I think it's more than fair to say it's a good signing

I'm hoping that Moses will play a similar role in our squad as what Freddie Ljungberg did for Arsenal, a mostly orthodox winger who plays outside his man, but often drifts into scoring positions in the box. Ljungberg was good for 10+ goals a season and for a long time I've maintained failing to replace him with a similar player has been one of Arsenal's biggest oversights.

Sounds a lot like Walcott to me...

I'm very happy with Moses so far. He's still a fairly raw player in terms of his overall development, but nevertheless already gives us pace, trickery and width - qualities which our squad lacks in IMO. Looking forward to seeing him improve as time goes on.

Sounds a lot like Walcott to me...

I'm very happy with Moses so far. He's still a fairly raw player in terms of his overall development, but nevertheless already gives us pace, trickery and width - qualities which our squad lacks in IMO. Looking forward to seeing him improve as time goes on.

so in other words, he's terrible

Good squad player, isnt going to light up the world but definately a great addition to the squad, its nice to have the option of an out and out winger, Hazard/Mata/Oscar like to pull inside alot, when thats not working hes a great option to throw on to get some crosses in.

I have seen a few occasions where he has gotten around the back of a defence and instead of looking for a cut back ect. he makes a stupid attempt on goal, I dont believe him to be selfish I think he looks at Mata/Oscar/Hazard and thinks he needs to get goals to move into the first team.

Victor more than a squad player....in my book he is a first pick in a 442 or 433 or 4231.....he's got pace and good ball skills, can always get past the first player, drop a shoulder, cross, shoot, link the play etc etc. he has also got lots PL experience and gets big goals. First CL game, scores. 5 years before he peaks !

Top player in the making. Zaha will get the press and get fancy goals but will be hit and miss, victor has the consistency

Archived