Look At Me Everybody - Part Two

Liam

Clearly a look at me type but I am a fan ..... I agree he won't last long he is too controversial. ( he has a tendency for showing up his players in public, that is brown like but also a touch Jose like) for the EPL however if we had a manager at Chelsea with half the passion I would be delighted

He'll last next season and then move on I reckon.

Personally, I like him as a manager. I enjoy seeing a bit of passion, personality and controversy.

There's nothing more boring then when manager roll out the same old tired cliches week in, week out. I found it quite refreshing when he was at Swindon and was openly critical of his players. 

He has fire in his belly and I love it. It rubs off on the team and he is a figure that commands respect.

Long term his craziness would probably be a detriment to his health, you cant go bananas like that in every game!

You can see instantly how much he has improved Sunderland in such a short time and they are 100% staying up in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

A massive defeat from Villa, who have been absolutely woeful this season. Truly shocking!

Will be interesting to see the response now!

I think complacency set in, those 2 wins went a long way to dragging them away from the relegation zone and on the night Villa clearly wanted the win more.

I can imagine PDC will have gone mental at the players involved and I would expect a much more disciplined performance in their next game. 

• 3 weeks later...

Quality final match day rant from PDC, I can see double figure players leaving Sunderland this summer, a mix of players wanting to get away from PDC and those he wants shot of.

Very refreshing to hear a manager speak so openly about the standards they expect from their squad with regards to discipline. 

I could not work for him. He's banned Sugar. I don't think I could make it past 1 pm without Sugar.

If I were a Sunderland player, and a bit of an average one, I would have embraced him early and got him on my side. He can easily be manipulated like all tyrants can.

I think he adds quality to the league and I think he'll survive next season and will be given the freedom that Lambert got at Villa as he looks to reconstruct the club. But a rocky start to the year after next and he is gone.

I could not work for him. He's banned Sugar. I don't think I could make it past 1 pm without Sugar.

If I were a Sunderland player, and a bit of an average one, I would have embraced him early and got him on my side. He can easily be manipulated like all tyrants can.

I think he adds quality to the league and I think he'll survive next season and will be given the freedom that Lambert got at Villa as he looks to reconstruct the club. But a rocky start to the year after next and he is gone.

I think there is a lot of dead wood at Sunderland, mostly bought in Steve Bruce and the quality of players PDC has inherited is for the most part pretty poor, especially the defence (I mean, they have Titus Bramble after all). They've got a couple of decent players such as Fletcher (who although not spectacular is a respectable finisher) but players such as Bardsley and Cattermole I think are rather poor... I will be interested to see what PDC does with that squad over the summer. 

Managers like Di Canio are advertised as being "box office" and having good soundbytes, but at the end of the day their act wears thin, and they just seem like obnoxious idiots.

That said, if he is really going to war with big headed Sunderland players, I would say footballers having their egos knocked down a few pegs is never a bad thing.

Managers like Di Canio are advertised as being "box office" and having good soundbytes, but at the end of the day their act wears thin, and they just seem like obnoxious idiots.

Spot on. It's always fun at the beginning but it won't last. His players are now complaining about the fines he's imposing. Everything he does, he does with one eye on how it will be perceived. He's from the same stable as Phil Brown and David O' Leary, a poor man's Mourinho.   

Archived