Squeeky Bum Time

axman2526

So this weekend could have gone better for us...that much is abundantly clear. 5 League games left this season to save it for us and who is it we have left to face?

25 Thu 20:05 Basel A     Europa    

28 Sun 15:00 Swansea City H     PREM    

2 Thu 20:05 Basel H     Europa    

5 Sun 16:00 Man Utd A     PREM      

8 Wed 19:45 Tottenham H     PREM    

11 Sat 12:45 Aston Villa A     PREM    

19 Sun 16:00 Everton H     PREM    

Take out the Europa games and looking at the league where do the points come from that get us top 4?

Swansea? Yeah that really should be 3 points if not then do we honestly even deserve to be near the CL spots?

United at OT? Yeah right...

Spurs at home? Make or break but even if we are doing well can we make it count for 90 mins?

Villa at Villa Park? Not our favorite ground and they may be desperate still when we face them.

Everton at home? Oh dear them again...

Pessimistic expectation 5 points.

Logically thinking 8 points.

Hopeful wishing 11 points.

Only the latter of those would likely get us a CL spot.

So what is the general mood of our shed end? Will we make top four or will the Gooners and Spuds have true bragging rights over us this season?

So this weekend could have gone better for us...that much is abundantly clear. 5 League games left this season to save it for us and who is it we have left to face?

25 Thu 20:05 Basel A Europa

28 Sun 15:00 Swansea City H PREM

2 Thu 20:05 Basel H Europa

5 Sun 16:00 Man Utd A PREM

8 Wed 19:45 Tottenham H PREM

11 Sat 12:45 Aston Villa A PREM

19 Sun 16:00 Everton H PREM

Take out the Europa games and looking at the league where do the points come from that get us top 4?

Swansea? Yeah that really should be 3 points if not then do we honestly even deserve to be near the CL spots?

Spurs at home? Make or break but even if we are doing well can we make it count for 90 mins?

Villa at Villa Park? Not our favorite ground and they may be desperate still when we face them.

So what is the general mood of our shed end? Will we make top four or will the Gooners and Spuds have true bragging rights over us this season?

We're getting 3rd and arsenal 4th.

We will beat united at OT and spurs at the bridge, you heard it here first!

I have zero doubt that had Robbie still be in charge we'd be second & the league wouldn't be all but over.

I don't expect us to get in the top 4 because we've got an idiot incompetent in charge, both of the first team & the club!

Roman out!

I have zero doubt that with RDM in charge we would still be in CL ,won the PL and the Super Cup and everything.Roman out?Really now?

This season more than most Roman has lost the plot, but for the past 3 seasons he has been losing it.

Unlike you, I don't support Chelsea due to the success that his money had brought to us, if we're successful all the better, if not I'll still support us, I doubt the same could be said of you!

So yes, I wouldn't give a damn if Roman left.

25 Thu 20:05 Basel A     Europa     - DEFEAT

28 Sun 15:00 Swansea City H     PREM    - NARROW WIN

2 Thu 20:05 Basel H     Europa    - WIN

5 Sun 16:00 Man Utd A     PREM      - DEFEAT

8 Wed 19:45 Tottenham H     PREM    - DRAW

11 Sat 12:45 Aston Villa A     PREM    - DEFEAT

19 Sun 16:00 Everton H     PREM    - DRAW

25 Thu 20:05 Basel A     Europa     - DEFEAT

28 Sun 15:00 Swansea City H     PREM    - NARROW WIN

2 Thu 20:05 Basel H     Europa    - WIN

5 Sun 16:00 Man Utd A     PREM      - DEFEAT

8 Wed 19:45 Tottenham H     PREM    - DRAW

11 Sat 12:45 Aston Villa A     PREM    - DEFEAT

19 Sun 16:00 Everton H     PREM    - DRAW

Swap the Spurs and Villa results and that is what my pessimistic thoughts are right now.

But do we do enough to go through against Basel? imo no.

Oh I remember now, you're the same div that a couple of weeks back told us that we should be giving Benitez credit for turning our season around!

Just goes to show how valid your opinion is.

You are loosing your marbles ,I think.Benitez is not the answer,but RDM wasnt either.He is a thoroughly likeable man,but  just a lucky manager.

I have not thought we will make the top 4 since we gave up a two goal lead late on against high flying Reading, sadly nowt has happened to change my mind. RDM may have been lucky but top 4 would have been done and dusted by now.

Have to be thankful our board stepped in to steer us away from "our season going off course and away from our goals" and got rid of our CL and FA cup winning legend...

If we'd held on today then I'd have been quite confident. Now, I think it's 50/50. The way I see it we have to beat Spurs because we'll probably drop points against United. I fancy us to beat Swansea, Villa and Everton. So for me it will hinge on that game.

We were f**ked out of 2 points in the Liverpool game, and considering the games to come for us...I've lost my optimism.

Liverpool were better than us in the second half, but there shouldn't have been 6 minutes of injury time, let alone 7. The throw was the perfect place to blow for FT, but no, and a player who had no right to be on the pitch, scores the equaliser. I saw it coming, but it makes it no more palatable.

We're going to have to play to win every game from now on, because there aren't many banana skin teams for Arsenal and Spurs, and it's annoying to think Spurs or Arsenal (neither of whom deserve CL football any more than us), could be the 2 standing at the end. Then again, maybe the fact we have the better team, but still find ourselves in this fight means we don't deserve it anyway...I don't know.

Hope ManU win today and seals it. They really have nothing to play in the game.

If they fail to win tonight they can't match our record points total from 04-05. And it'll mean them going into the Arsenal game still needing to win. Better for us.

Archived