Who's out at the end of the season?

enigma
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I know that contracts have been signed, but do you think any big clubs, I.e. Barca, Madrid and Bayern will come calling for any of our playmakers if we don't make Champion's League football? 

Edited by enigma

I don't see any of our top players such as Mata, Oscar and Hazard leaving next season, even if we don't secure Champion's League football.

We aren't under any financial pressure to sell them and I am sure they are all too aware that they must shoulder a fair amount of the blame for failing to secure a top four spot if it were to happen.

Also time is on our side, they are all young players so it's not like it's going to be their last chance to play in Europe either, I'm not concerned about any of those player being lured away. 

Lol? Spent 32 million pounds to secure him and he'll leave very next summer?

The club wouldn't sell him even if they made back the £32m... It would probably take a bid of over £40m for the club to even consider and I just don't see any club considering paying that for him. 

I agree, I think we can keep the trio next season if we don't qualify for the CL. If we don't qualify the season after though then things start to get tricky.

My players leaving this season:

Malouda (Released)

Ferreira (Released)

Turnbull (Released)

Hilario (Released)

Benayoun (Released)

Marin (Sold)

Lampard (Released, sadly)

Torres (Sold, hopefully)

Essien (Sold, depends on JM coming back)

Kakuta (Sold)

Bruma (Sold)

Edited by Huttsey

I HATE when people say "omg eden will leave in the summer because he needs CL football". If he wants to leave, we would get at least £50 Million for him and who's going to pay that amount of money?

He's a professional lad. He's not going to pack up and leave just because we don't secure CL football in his first season, he's playing for Chelsea. One of the biggest clubs in the world. We're not some small club like Tottenham (modric saga for example). We also pay him damn good wages. £175k a week apparently which is more than Lampard. 

This worrying if players will leave because we have one bad season really f**ks me off. No player is bigger than the club. 

Edited by JoeyN

The only players leaving will be ones the club don't want, regardless of CL football I doubt any of our first team players will get poached by another club, unless Madrid are willing to fork out another $60m galactico transfer on Mata or Hazard.

I agree, I think we can keep the trio next season if we don't qualify for the CL. If we don't qualify the season after though then things start to get tricky.

Malouda (Released)

Ferreira (Released)

Turnbull (Released)

Hilario (Released)

Benayoun (Released)

Marin (Sold)

Torres (Sold, hopefully)

Kakuta (Sold)

Bruma (Sold)

Agree with this list, not sure we will be able to shift Torres though but either way that's 10 players off of the wage bill with most contributing little or nothing to the team, I think the overhaul of the squad's fringe players for the past couple of years has been handled quite well.  

Lol? Spent 32 million pounds to secure him and he'll leave very next summer?

The club wouldn't sell him even if they made back the £32m... It would probably take a bid of over £40m for the club to even consider and I just don't see any club considering paying that for him. 

I HATE when people say "omg eden will leave in the summer because he needs CL football". If he wants to leave, we would get at least £50 Million for him and who's going to pay that amount of money?

He's a professional lad. He's not going to pack up and leave just because we don't secure CL football in his first season, he's playing for Chelsea. One of the biggest clubs in the world. We're not some small club like Tottenham (modric saga for example). We also pay him damn good wages. £175k a week apparently which is more than Lampard. 

This worrying if players will leave because we have one bad season really f**ks me off. No player is bigger than the club. 

I'm not saying he would definately leave, I said I could see him leaving, IF & its a massive IF someone like Real Madrid came in for him at silly money, his head would definately be turned (who could blame him)

Unlike Mata, I don't think Hazard is in love with the club, I also think he's very career motivated, he's not thinking of being a Chelsea legend.

All of this is just my opinion, I hope I'm wrong because he's a fantastic player.

I'm not saying he would definately leave, I said I could see him leaving, IF & its a massive IF someone like Real Madrid came in for him at silly money, his head would definately be turned (who could blame him)

Unlike Mata, I don't think Hazard is in love with the club, I also think he's very career motivated, he's not thinking of being a Chelsea legend.

All of this is just my opinion, I hope I'm wrong because he's a fantastic player.

I just don't see Real Madrid or anyone like that coming in for him, he's still developing as a player and I don't think a club is going to think he is worth £40m+

I understand the point you are making but it's just not something I see happening. 

I know that contracts have been signed, but do you think any big clubs, I.e. Barca, Madrid and Bayern will come calling for any of our playmakers if we don't make Champion's League football? 

Don't panic yet, if we don't make top 4, but the the special one returns, then the players will know that the premiership is a very strong possibility. People will say that jose won't come if we don't make top 4, but family life and the pull of chelsea and unfinished buisiness and the knowledge that without the champs league distraction the premiership is there for the taking. Anyway champions league we've won it now! so not such an issue. Let the arse, and spuds chase the dream, that will never become reality for them. WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE!... So I can't see top players leaving, just a very special arrival!

Edited by chi blue

i reckon you guys will sell lukaku, you shouldnt but i can see it happening cause i think youll get another striker in and keep torres. Maybe marin, he hasnt really cut it there which is a shame cause i was excited to see him for you guys

if we are able to lure the special 1 back to the bridge then he may be able to get the best out of torres or bring in some players to help steady the middle of the park while ramires and mikel have done well i dont think the latter is the answer we need an essien type from a few years back

get rid of all the deadwood and bring in some young fresh talent, high earners like essien malouda will go aswell most likely

Malouda (Released)

Ferreira (Released)

Turnbull (Released)

Hilario (Released)

Benayoun (Released)

Marin (Sold)

Torres (Sold, hopefully)

Kakuta (Sold)

Bruma (Sold)

I think Turnbull will be given a new 1 year deal. I think Torres will leave on loan and isnt Bruma out of contract with us this summer. I could see PvA leaving as well.

I think this summer will be a good one for us as all the dead wood in the squad look to be out of contract so will be leaving.

if we are able to lure the special 1 back to the bridge then he may be able to get the best out of torres or bring in some players to help steady the middle of the park while ramires and mikel have done well i dont think the latter is the answer we need an essien type from a few years back

get rid of all the deadwood and bring in some young fresh talent, high earners like essien malouda will go aswell most likely

God himself couldnt get the best out of Torres. He is finished as a top footballer, has been for a couple of seasons, thats why Liverpool couldnt believe their luck when we came in with 50 million. Their doctors expected him to be send back but unlucky for us we didnt do a proper medical.

More important than anything else other than Rafa leaving is making sure Torres isnt playing in a Chelsea shirt next season. He has to go for the sake of the club.

God himself couldnt get the best out of Torres. He is finished as a top footballer, has been for a couple of seasons, thats why Liverpool couldnt believe their luck when we came in with 50 million. Their doctors expected him to be send back but unlucky for us we didnt do a proper medical.

More important than anything else other than Rafa leaving is making sure Torres isnt playing in a Chelsea shirt next season. He has to go for the sake of the club.

yep, he had a sh*te the last season for us, maybe decent in a couple of games, not that we were happy to see him go cause everyone thought he still might get back to his best, which was pretty f**king good. i always wonder how different things would have been had kenny and comolli not been so appallingly bad in the transfer market with that wedge 

Edited by lewy

if we are able to lure the special 1 back to the bridge then he may be able to get the best out of torres

are there still people thinking theres a world class striker hiding in torres? its over, hes done, thats abundantly clear by now

Malouda (Released)

Ferreira (Released)

Turnbull (Released)

Hilario (Released)

Benayoun (Released)

Marin (Sold)

Torres (Sold, hopefully)

Kakuta (Sold)

Bruma (Sold)

I have a feeling Torres will still be here next season mainly because it'll be so hard to shift him. Leaving us with:

Cech

Ivanovic

Cole

Luiz

Romeu

Ramires

Torres

Mata

Oscar

Mikel

Moses

Hazard

Cahill

Terry

Azpilicueta

Ba

Bertrand

The basis of a good squad but under-manned by about eight players. Presumably De Bruyne and Lukaku will be two of them and maybe Schurrle, but still a lot of recruitment we have to do in the summer.