Our New Stadium

junio_oscarSY
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I would be very surprised if we were allowed to use the stadium for a full season, what happens when the Autumn test games come around for example?

Interesting that Chelsea seem to be heavily focused on redeveloping Stamford Bridge rather than relocating though.

no chance of Battersea station (Malaysian company owns it now) and another proposed area in Earls Court  not available. Very limited space in that part of London and CPO makes a move impossible. Not complaining though, love to stay at the Bridge :D

I would be very surprised if we were allowed to use the stadium for a full season, what happens when the Autumn test games come around for example?

Other clubs share with rugby sides, and not just teams who only play six times a year, and they manage.

I wonder where we'd end up if the RFU turned us down.

Other clubs share with rugby sides, and not just teams who only play six times a year, and they manage.

I wonder where we'd end up if the RFU turned us down.

But this is the national team stadium not a club side so a big difference.

English FA won't entertain the idea of anyone using Wembley stadium for club games so I dont see why the RFU would bend over backwards to accommodate us.

But this is the national team stadium not a club side so a big difference.

English FA won't entertain the idea of anyone using Wembley stadium for club games so I dont see why the RFU would bend over backwards to accommodate us.

I don't expect the RFU to bend over backwards for us. If they agreed it would only be out of their own self interest (£££). Just saying that scheduling fixtures around the Autumn internationals shouldn't be a big problem.

Edited by Englishman

I saw QPR's plans for Old Oak Common the other day, i hope they get to move there just to stop us moving there.

We're debating about if we could fill a 60,000 ground, QPR are planning on a 40,000 they struggle to sell out 18,000 at LR so f@ck knows how they'll fill 40,000.

They'd be better off having a 30,000 capacity like Southampton.

I cant see us playing at Twickenham to be honest, be good if it came off & SB was rebuilt, but i'd be surprised if it actually happened.

So what specifically do the club think they can do to expand the size of the bridge? Where do they intend on building? Knocking down the Matthew Harding and/or East stand and completely rebuilding them or can they somehow expand them without knocking anything down?

Nobody knows that yet. Could be just a plan by the club to say to the CPO hey we tried and then bang let's move out of the bourough

Interesting that Chelsea seem to be heavily focused on redeveloping Stamford Bridge rather than relocating though.

And honestly I'm very pleased with that, wouldn't feel 'right' for me permanently playing in another stadium after all these years.

Nobody knows that yet. Could be just a plan by the club to say to the CPO hey we tried and then bang let's move out of the bourough

If we were able to do this whole decking over the railway lines thing I can only see knocking down the Mathew Harding, East and Shed (including hotel) as a means of significant expansion but is that doable within a year? I highly doubt it.

With the investment in the LED lights I think there is an intention to stay (for now), maybe they're happy to wait out the next six years to move further a field than a three mile radius of the Bridge?

And honestly I'm very pleased with that, wouldn't feel 'right' for me permanently playing in another stadium after all these years.

Maybe the recent CPO vote was an eye opener for them and the failed Battesea bid has really made them focus on what we already have.

The club is certainly making all the right noises about staying but I still can't wrap my head around the logistics of doing it.

Its funny really when the west stand was opened against Newcastle in 2001 the bridge was finally complete but now we could be doing it all again.

I really hope they buy enough land surrounding the Bridge for expansion because what will happen in 2030 when they say that the 2017 expansion wasn't big enough and now we need 70-75,000 seats?

Edited by Butterhampton FC

I still wish the Battersea Power Station plan went ahead. Would have cut 30 minutes off my journey time. 

This looks good, purely because it means we can stay at Stamford Bridge with an increased capacity. Better that than a soulless bowl like the Emirates, as I've heard it called.

it will have to be a large expansion to justify cost, realistically the shed, east, and mhl, need to be knocked down,along with both hotels,that way it could be built with the turnstiles incorporated into covered walk ways, similar to the east stand but larger then the foundations can be moved back, making larger stands, they can also seek permission for standing areas like in germany.

it will have to be a large expansion to justify cost, realistically the shed, east, and mhl, need to be knocked down,along with both hotels,that way it could be built with the turnstiles incorporated into covered walk ways, similar to the east stand but larger then the foundations can be moved back, making larger stands, they can also seek permission for standing areas like in germany.

All that I'm a year can't see it

IF this comes off, with the extra capacity making tickets easier to get hold of, I might actually manage to make it to the occasional game. It would be nice if the extra capacity was reflected in lower ticket prices, but with the redevelopment to pay for, that's something we can't rely on.

So, I'd better start putting my pennies away!

In principle the Twickenham idea isn't a bad one at all in my book. Having lost out on Battersea I really want us to stay at the Bridge, if the club were to relocate to some dump like Kensal Rise I'd be livid. If we have to play at the home of Rugby for one season in order to stay at the Bridge then so be it. Twickenham isn't too far at all from me either so no disaster in terms of travel. 

what makes me laugh is west ham moving to a 60,000  seat stadium. when they are forever advertising on talksh*t, and in the evening standard, cos they can't sell out  upton park.

I know. And how about those mugs QPR, they can't sell out that tinpot, 18,000 seater sh*theap that they play in yet they want to move to a 40,000 seater. Where the hell are they gonna find those fans exactly?

Edited by Celery1989