Is Fergie going to be managing United in his 80s?

TorresBlue9

Seriously, he's showing no signs of stopping. I'm 30 this year and the guy's older than my granddad. Not saying 71 is old at all but most of the other PL managers could be his kids. Does the guy not want a little bit of r&r before he pops his clogs? He's like the little engine that could.

SAF is not faced by the concerns that end managerial careers: he is obviously massively successful; it goes without saying that he personifies United and that the owners / fans are behind him.

SAF appears not to be tired of football - he's as excited and involved in matches as he's always been. He also has unfinished business (as he would see it) in Europe.

I can't see him going anywhere unless his age or health become factors. 71 isn't ancient, but there's no getting away from the fact that (as TorresBlue said) he's pitching himself against managers who are, in some cases, half his age. His job must be mentally and physically demanding - how long can somone, even SAF, maintain the required level of effort? I don't think he'll go next season but would say that, cos of his age, it'll happen within the next two-three seasons.

SAF appears not to be tired of football - he's as excited and involved in matches as he's always been. He also has unfinished business (as he would see it) in Europe.

As anybody would see it, frankly, aside from the cadre of journalists who hero worship him.

Two European Cup's is nothing to be ashamed of, to be sure, but the fact remains that for all of the domestic dominance, he has never fully brought United's resources to bear in Europe. Both of his Champions League titles were won against teams who had the measure of him, if it wasn't for one of the flukiest come-backs in the history of football or a missed penalty, his record would be a whole lot different.

As any Chelsea fan knows, the circumstances matter little to the club that wins the bloody thing. But even so, our triumph was not built on a foundation of sand, or rather, luck, but on a solid vision. Our detractors would dispute that, but I say let them.

I think he wants to add 1 more Champions league before he retires not sure if he will get it though,cant wait till he retires.

This, I think it annoys him that Paisley has still won more Champions Leagues than he has and he'll want to tie up the record before he calls it a day.

I think he wants to add 1 more Champions league before he retires not sure if he will get it though,cant wait till he retires.

I find it funny that people question Mourinho's success at Madrid because he hasn't won a champions league, yet nobody says anything about Ferguson only winning it twice in 27 years for United.

As anybody would see it, frankly, aside from the cadre of journalists who hero worship him.

Two European Cup's is nothing to be ashamed of, to be sure, but the fact remains that for all of the domestic dominance, he has never fully brought United's resources to bear in Europe. Both of his Champions League titles were won against teams who had the measure of him, if it wasn't for one of the flukiest come-backs in the history of football or a missed penalty, his record would be a whole lot different.

As any Chelsea fan knows, the circumstances matter little to the club that wins the bloody thing. But even so, our triumph was not built on a foundation of sand, or rather, luck, but on a solid vision. Our detractors would dispute that, but I say let them.

Well said!

Oh, that's just the negative side of me, I cannot help but always fear the worse.

Needless to say, Moyes going to United is a huge relief, though now I'm hearing Mancini is on his way, which can only

mean one thing..............Jose to City :D

Oh, that's just the negative side of me, I cannot help but always fear the worse.

Needless to say, Moyes going to United is a huge relief, though now I'm hearing Mancini is on his way, which can only

mean one thing..............Jose to City :D

I heard Pellegrini was up for that role.

Still a dangerous manager, but not quite a Mourinho or anything. 

Archived