3rd team to get relegated

Zeta
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

With just 2/3 games to go, if Wigan & SUnderland win their games in hand it could be anyone from 17th all the way upt to about 11th who could go down. No-one is safe in the bottom half of the table.

So who do you want to join QPR and Reading?

I don't like Di Canio so wouldn't mind SUnderland going down. But Wigan have got out of jail the last 3 years and they probably deserve to go down more than the others.

Of course that being said I wouldn't mind Newcastle going down either as their fans are a bit up their own arses.

But If I had to pick only one from those in danger, I think I'd have to go for Wigan.

I want Wigan but I think it could be Norwich. Newcastle will beat QPR (If they don't, they deserve to go down), Sunderland will get another win, Wigan always get their way out of it. Norwich have two tough games against City and WBA. Could lose both.

It's tough to call. Wigan have Swansea mid week and they've been poor since the Carling Cup final so it's a good chance for Wigan to pick up 3 points. If they do, then Sunderland and Newcastle are in serious trouble. Relegated or not I doubt Pardew will be Newcastle manager next season.

I always think that picking a team I 'want' to go down is a bit stuck up, for me another clubs relegation is inconsequential, for the fans concerned it is heart-wrenching.

That said, I'd love to see Newcastle go down, just for the laughs.

Because he's such a grade 'A' w**ker,I'd vote for any team that Alan Pardew manages.

I know modern football is bonkers but an eight year contract?,for this one trick pony?.

Bloody hell.

Proof if ever you needed it, that it is possible to sell snow to an Eskimo.

Newcastle- currently live up there and will in my final year at Uni at Newcastle next season. Would love some championship football for the laughs. A lot a lot of teams I don't like in the Championship so would happily support Newcastle v them. I really dislike Newcastle though. Fans are fickle as anything I've ever seen, Pardew is clueless and a lot their team is very overrated. Also gave Carroll a hard time (who I like a lot) but he got them £35 Million and a promotion, and safety the following year. I really liked them under Houghton but cannot stand them now. Makes me laugh that we probably relegated them by nabbing Ba.

I really think it'll be a team that nobody expects.

If Newcastle need to they can get points from QPR and Arsenal. I had Stoke to go down a while back but am lumping on Fulham tonight

Edited by Myles_91

As I have nothing better to do, I came up with the ideal scenario heading into the last game of the season:

12. Villa                41
13. Norwich          41
14. Newcastle      41
15. Stoke            40
16. Fulham         40
17. Sunderland   40  
18. Wigan        38

Fixtures

Wigan v Villa
Tottenham v Sunderland
Newcastle v Arsenal
City           v Norwich
Swansea   v Fulham
Southampton v Stoke

It would make for an absolute thriller of a final day. If this were the scenario, Norwich and Villa could plummit right in it as I fancy Wigan in that game and Norwich are playing City. Newcastle also would be home to Arsenal who are in cracking form. Fulham are in cruise control atm and may struggle to raise their game to the appropriate gear. Stoke would be away and not great travellers, but may nab a point. Sunderland would have the toughest fixture of the lot. 7 teams could finish the season on 41 points and goal difference could be ridiculously tight.

As I have nothing better to do, I came up with the ideal scenario heading into the last game of the season:

13. Norwich          41

14. Newcastle      41

15. Stoke            40

16. Fulham         40

17. Sunderland   40  

18. Wigan        38

Fixtures

Wigan v Villa

Tottenham v Sunderland

Newcastle v Arsenal

City           v Norwich

Swansea   v Fulham

Southampton v Stoke

It would make for an absolute thriller of a final day. If this were the scenario, Norwich and Villa could plummit right in it as I fancy Wigan in that game and Norwich are playing City. Newcastle also would be home to Arsenal who are in cracking form. Fulham are in cruise control atm and may struggle to raise their game to the appropriate gear. Stoke would be away and not great travellers, but may nab a point. Sunderland would have the toughest fixture of the lot. 7 teams could finish the season on 41 points and goal difference could be ridiculously tight.

Looking forward to the Final day of the season, especially if Top Four is sorted out by that time. Would love to see Arsenal and Spurs fight for the last spot and a massive releagation battle. Soccer Saturday with Jeff and the lads really is the best place to be on the last day of the season. 

i want Wigan to go down. I quite like Martinez but Wigan is an area that aren't really interested in football. rugby league gets higher attendances in the area. i hope they go down as there are areas such as leeds, nottingham, leicester who are football mad and deserve a premier league team.. not wigan who seem indifferent 

Wigan in terms of their support probably least deserve to be in the EPL, however I like their manager and their players, and their style of play, so i'd much rather they stay up than someone like Norwich or Stoke.

So long as Villa are looking safe when we play, I don't mind, all i'm worried about is us.

Wigan in terms of their support probably least deserve to be in the EPL, however I like their manager and their players, and their style of play, so i'd much rather they stay up than someone like Norwich or Stoke.

I never get this. Why do Wigan's support deserve EPL status less? When you see a club bringing only a small contingent away, I think those fans deserve far more credit than members of a huge travelling army. You have to be far hardier to support a small club and so those fans deserve immense credit yet it's always the likes of Newcastle fans who get huge credit. It's easier to be part of a big pack than a small one and for that reason I'd say the Wigan fans deserve it more than anyone else.

13. Norwich          41

14. Newcastle      41

15. Stoke            40

16. Fulham         40

17. Sunderland   40  

18. Wigan        38

Fixtures

Wigan v Villa

Tottenham v Sunderland

Newcastle v Arsenal

City           v Norwich

Swansea   v Fulham

Southampton v Stoke

Villa still on 40 would look a lot better to me!

I never get this. Why do Wigan's support deserve EPL status less? When you see a club bringing only a small contingent away, I think those fans deserve far more credit than members of a huge travelling army. You have to be far hardier to support a small club and so those fans deserve immense credit yet it's always the likes of Newcastle fans who get huge credit. It's easier to be part of a big pack than a small one and for that reason I'd say the Wigan fans deserve it more than anyone else.

Well said. Also worth keeping in mind there's only approx. 80,000 people in Wigan and also there's how close they are to Liverpool & Manchester and, as already said, rugby league is the big sport there, they do well support wise.

It won't bother me if they do get relegated, but I'd like to see them stay up. The only team I would say I dislike in the dogfight at the moment is Stoke.

A Wigan win tomorrow means there will be just 3 points between 11th and 18th. I would say squeaky bum time, but I'd say it's far worse than that for those involved.

Feel bad for Wigan, that they have to play the cup final during the season, massive distraction win or lose i think. 

Cup final should always be after the end of the league.

100%. It takes away from the day being in the season. But it is because the CL final is now on a Saturday.

I still fancy Wigan for 4 points at least, if not 6. This means many teams need another result.