Edin Dzeko?

FLYMJ

There have been suggestions that Mourinho will sell defender David Luiz to generate funds for more deals but the Brazilian signed a lucrative long-term contract last year and is a favourite of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

Of course it's because he's a favourite of Roman, nothing to do with him being absolute f**king quality.

Seems to be a bit inconsistent except he always seems to score as a sub.

Different player to what we've been building our squad around but if Jose thinks he can make it work then I believe in him.

Never really given a decent run in the City team regardless of if he was scoring.

Looked a bit lost and struggled to keep up the pace when he first came to the Premier League but I think he looks a lot more confident now. 

His goal return is quite respectable for City and there are a lot worse strikers we could sign.

That said I wouldn't want to be paying anything much higher than £20m for him. 

Link up play is pretty poor and whenever I see him he doesn't seem to do much for the team, like winning back the ball or pressuring defenders. Just looks like he doesn't give a sh*t to be honest. If he had the work rate of Aguero or Tevez he would be a very good striker cause his finishing is actually pretty good.

Always rated Dzeko very highly starting back at his days as a Wolfsburg player. It is really hard for any City striker to shine with the constant rotation. Look how well Balotelli has performed since he moved to Milan and became their main man.

However...

City wont let him go to a title rival for anything less than well above what he is worth

Would definitely take him, got the potential to be a goalscorer for us. Wouldn't pay anymore than around £15'000'000 though and doubt City would let him go to another PL club for anything less than £20'000'000.

There's nothing more I'd like to see than a fellow Bosnian wearing the blue shirt. Class player, love what he's done in his career so far and in the national team. I wouldn't want him joining our team of two years ago or before. But now there's this feeling that I have that he'd do great with Hazard, Oscar, and Mata feeding him great passes... Just a matter of how much playing time he'd get. Been the best sub scorer in the league by far, but I doubt that's the title he wants forever. One thing I am sure about is that Jovetic is nowhere near as good as Dzeko. I might be biased about Dzeko joining, but definitely wouldn't go for Jovetic. He is more of a player that would do the job for an Everton side, a side fighting for a Europa League spot. We are now a bit more hungry than that.  :wink:

I disagree with Jovetic not being good enough, its like what i wrote in a different thread i think he needs a move and when he gets that move i think he will show his potential more and step his game similar to how Suarez did when he came to Liverpool. Although Suarez showed more at Ajax than Jovetic has at Fiorentina. 

I don't think City have used him well at all.  They didn't have any wide play at all under Mancini and he didn't fit their system.  I think he'd do a great job for us and they'd regret selling him.  Despite playing in a system which didn't maximise his potential, he has managed a respectable return for them and saved them more than a few times.  He'd certainly be an improvement over our options. 

To be honest I think he was under used at City, but I also can't see them selling him to us. If they really want to sell him they will sell him abroad. 

But if I was asked if I want him here, then maybe so can't be worse than Torres now can he?!