Chelsea v Maribor (CL) 21/10/14 KO 19:45 BST

Izanagi

Our mid-week Champion's League game before we head up to Old Trafford to face Manchester United.

I honestly do not know much, if anything, about Maribor. I think they gave Schalke a good run-around during their last encounter so it'd pay to be slightly careful here. 

Expecting a mostly second-string side, saving our best for our trip up north over the weekend.

Can honestly pick your own side here as I have no idea how this one is going to pan out formation-wise. 

Win this and we're in a very good position to top the group.

Guest RFC_CFC

Would it be overly ambitious to want one of Baker or Solanke to start? Solanke in particular if Costa can't play against United, keeps Remy away from possible injury.

Yes.

We really have to win our home games.

-----------Courtois--------

Dave---Cahill----Zouma----Luis

--------Ramires----Mikel-----

Salah-------Oscar------Schurrle

---------------Remy-------

Yes.

We really have to win our home games.

-----------Courtois--------

Dave---Cahill----Zouma----Luis

--------Ramires----Mikel-----

Salah-------Oscar------Schurrle

---------------Remy-------

That's the team I like the look of, although I wouldn't mind Terry playing and I think Mourinho said Schurrle is still a big doubt for midweek. Might be wrong. Suspect Willian will play as he only played 40 minutes yesterday. 

We can't disrespect this team, but this is the right time to give chances to players, hope they won't dissapoint because we all have trust in them.

Courtois

Azpi

Cahill 

Zouma

Luis

Ramires

Mikel

Salah

Oscar

Willian

Remy

Ivanovic, Terry, Hazard, Matic and Fabregas must take a break. I'd prefer Matic, Ivanovic and Terry to miss this game. I actually have no idea if Ramires is fit for the game, if not then Ake should start.

Cahill also could use a break after all he has started every game this season and played in all international games as well.

I agree, he looked a bit leggy against Palace. Would love to see a back four of: Luis, Zouma, Ivan, Dave. But I know it probably won't happen.

Hell why not let Cech get a game too.

Rotating would be a good idea, we have United away on sunday which is going to be a very tricky game, I think it's obvious Azpi will play the full 90 minutes, would be good to play the likes of Salah and some youngsters to but without sitting out some key players like Hazard and Matic for instance. 

Not a game for me to be using Baker Et Al in. Had we won the first 2 group games then yeah.

For me Luis needs the 90 mins ahead of facing United Dave missing that to contain their multitude of class fowards is a shame.

Rest tibo as well as jt and brana, cech deserves a game.

Cech

Azpi

Cahill

Zouma

Luis

Cesc

Matic

Willian

Oscar

Hazard

Remy

Do the job early then we can use players like salah and Baker etc to rest hazard, cesc and others.

Tough selection for this one in view of Manu fitness and suspension issues

I'd like to give fabregas and matic a break as well as Cahill. We can't play them every game.

Cech

Dave zouma ivan Luis

Ramires Mikel matic

Willian remy salah

Archived