Phil Dowd: .... . .....*

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

*Because I promised.

- Managing to miss JT and Ivan being hauled to the ground, turns down a nailed on penalty.. because it's in front of the Stretford End

- DIshes out yellow cards to our playerske as if they confetti

- Gives Man U pressure-relieving free kicks whenever one of their players falls over. Fellaini falling to his knees anyone?

- And sends Ivan off for what? Did He even touch him?

P.D.Y.F.C..

I'm sure you can work that out, but if you really need a clue, the fourth word is "fat.

Most yellows were a yellow.

Ok we should have had a pen.

Ivanovic was an idiot for making that foul and was getting rinsed all day.

Mourinho ignored the fact we were smacking them first 15 minutes of the second half.

That was the best United performance of the season, fair play to them.

A draw was a fair result.

Mourinho ignored the fact we were smacking them first 15 minutes of the second half.

Over-reasonable responses within seconds of a game in which points are needlessly dropped should be banned and bombed.

Blame the ref: That's what he's there for.

More pissed off about all the united non yellows. Van Persie rugby tackled Terry, nothing. Hazard hacked down again and again and only Rafael got a card for it.

Ivanovic didn't even do anything to Di Maria for his second yellow. All game Di maria was falling over trying to get players booked and it worked. Hazard was getting obstructed all game and the only time Dowd did anything about it was when Hazard shouted at the top of his voice to draw attention to it. The Fabregas yellow wasn't a yellow either, he clipped Mata's ankles, nothing more. The pens were clear, i didn't need a replay to see them.

I'm sick and tired of refs making the decisions in games between us and United, it's happening far too often and when it does happen United usually manage to get something out of it. Take away the sh*t decisions against us when we face United and our record against them would be even better than it currently is.

Ivanovic didn't even do anything to Di Maria for his second yellow. All game Di maria was falling over trying to get players booked and it worked. Hazard was getting obstructed all game and the only time Dowd did anything about it was when Hazard shouted at the top of his voice to draw attention to it. The Fabregas yellow wasn't a yellow either, he clipped Mata's ankles, nothing more. The pens were clear, i didn't need a replay to see them.

I'm sick and tired of refs making the decisions in games between us and United, it's happening far too often and when it does happen United usually manage to get something out of it. Take away the sh*t decisions against us when we face United and our record against them would be even better than it currently is.

Didn't Falaini get a yellow for that?

The following shows a list of the bookings from today's match. Phil Dowd handed out no less than seven yellow cards, including Ivan's two, to Chelsea players. So was it a dirty game? Are we a dirty team? The answer to both these questions is clearly no we f**king ain't. So how do we end up with seven yellow cards, against Man U's meagre total of three. The answer quite clearly and simply is Phil Dowd.

ManUvCFC_zps83db73b2.jpg

Even the Sky commentators were making a point about Phil Dowd making a series of long-distance bookings, dishing out yellow cards for incidents that he can not possibly have had a clear view. Add that to the penalty he failed to award, and the only conclusion you can possibly come to is that Phil the Fatman is incompetent, overweight, and has neither the guts nor the integrity to award a blatant penalty for fear of offending the home fans.

These are the self same Sky commentators who spent much of the second half willing a Man U equaliser. And no things don't even themselves out, not when it comes to Chelsea v Man U.

Firstly, could this thread be merged with the other Phil Dowd thread, I wonder?

And secondly for those saying it's embarrassing to blame the ref, you're missing the point entirely. If I'd wanted to blame Phil Dowd, I'd have done so in the match thread, and I'd have said in so many words: "It's Phil Dowd's fault we dropped two points".

Which isn't what's being said here at all, or in PeckhamBlue's thread. What is being said, quite plainly and simply, is that Phil Dowd is a useless fat lump of a ref, too fat and too slow to keep up with the play, and that he's either too eager to please and/or too sh*t-scared to upset, the home crowd.

You can quite justifiably slag off a ref for being useless without decending to RAWK like "they're all against us" bollocks, and that's what's happening here.

Edited by Big Figure

In addition to being fat as a pregnant whale, he is a coward and gutless.

Referees need to be more courageous and give penalties/important calls that go against what the home team approves of. It's too important of a match and too important of a decision and quite frankly, I haven't heard enough about it in the media either. It's not just at OT, mind you, as we were lucky against West Brom with that pen at the Bridge last year but for me, it happens most often at OT and Anfield. 

Edited by Butterhampton FC

Well this is strange. I could have sworn that the last word in my previous post was "bollocks"* as in:

You can quite justifiably slag off a ref for being useless without decending to RAWK like "they're all against us" bollocks

*(As opposed to the er... uncommonly [or not] held opinion that every single word I ever write is bollocks)

Stop f**king moaning. We are still top of the league. We are supposed to be more optimistic this season.

So when did you have your sense of humour bypass op?

You really, really don't get it all, do you.

Cam, I think its more he blows his whistle, pauses to ensure everyone is looking at him to see the pantomime, then he slowly points to the player and pulls out the card. Its almost like he believes people are there to watch him.