Pedro

skippy
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I should have expected this from a guy with a batman picture in a football forum...it's genuinely pointless to respond..but the fee is due to a buyout clause, do you know what that is? Yes he would bring us 15 goals, he plays as a second striker as well as a winger, he runs in behind like shurrle but is more consistent, and this is a decent forum, some people on here actually understand the game...do you call it soccer by any chance?

haha great stuff.

Why get Falcao in if we want to use Pedro as a second striker? Fabregas is a better 2nd striker than Pedro, hell even Oscar & we are forgetting Remy and even Solanke. I genuinely don't think he would bring us 15 goals, I don't see it, at Barca he has had a different style of player to play with. It's literally a matter of style of football played.

I know what a buy-out clause is, and I still wouldn't pay it for Pedro.

Schurrle is arguably better than Pedro - neither have been given the fair amount of chances to show fully what they can do though.

If people are like you, I doubt this is a decent forum - jump on and ridicule new forumers from the get go - you were probably one of the 'fans' being racist on the train weren't you? All class lol..

Good work chap.

Always be yourself... unless you can be Batman, always be Batman.

Edited by ashtini

I should have expected this from a guy with a batman picture in a football forum...it's genuinely pointless to respond..but the fee is due to a buyout clause, do you know what that is? Yes he would bring us 15 goals, he plays as a second striker as well as a winger, he runs in behind like shurrle but is more consistent, and this is a decent forum, some people on here actually understand the game...do you call it soccer by any chance?

Hey I have a Superman one! :(

For what it's worth though I agree with you on him potentially scoring goals but I think you shouldn't have used the insults you did. Don't bring yourself down that that level ;)

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Seriously? You think he would bag us 15 goals if he joined? lol wow - we aint Barcelona and we don't play that way.

Cuadrado hasn't been given a chance so would like to see him play more, I rate Oscar, Willian and Eden above Pedro. I'd even like to see Izzy given a go.

£22m is what is laughable, and you are all loving it.

Wowzers, I thought this would be a decent forum to join..

Remember, Pedro got 16 goals and 9 assists for Barcelona playing as a squad player. If he was a regular he would probably have doubled those figures. He links up well with players, he puts a lot of effort in, is quick, he has flair, he can pass well, he isn't easy to tackle and he has end product. He would be a very good signing.

haha great stuff.

Why get Falcao in if we want to use Pedro as a second striker? Fabregas is a better 2nd striker than Pedro, hell even Oscar & we are forgetting Remy and even Solanke. I genuinely don't think he would bring us 15 goals, I don't see it, at Barca he has had a different style of player to play with. It's literally a matter of style of football played.

I know what a buy-out clause is, and I still wouldn't pay it for Pedro.

Schurrle is arguably better than Pedro - neither have been given the fair amount of chances to show fully what they can do though.

If people are like you, I doubt this is a decent forum - jump on and ridicule new forumers from the get go - you were probably one of the 'fans' being racist on the train weren't you? All class lol..

Good work chap.

Always be yourself... unless you can be Batman, always be Batman.

You wouldn't pay 22 mil for pedro....what a plum. I did not say we would use him as a second striker although with 2 injury prone strikers it's a possibility, the point in that comment was he has an instinct for goal..you actually said fabergast is a better second striker than pedro...mate go and watch tennis please, this is becoming embarrassing..as for the racist comment..that was just f**king stupid, I didn't know American was a race..more of a shot at their footballing knowledge...what colour is an American btw? I've never seen racism on this forum..not once, I've seen people from rival clubs welcomed with open arms, yet muddy the whole forum because you make silly comments that people disagree with..good work "dude" and if you are North American..bloody good guess that.. Edited by Oneclubinlondon

Hey I have a Superman one! :(

For what it's worth though I agree with you on him potentially scoring goals but I think you shouldn't have used the insults you did. Don't bring yourself down that that level ;)

If I was insulting it wasn't meant to be taken to heart but if you make big bold statements that are so far off someone will call you on it, but you're right this forum is commendably civilised for the most part, I should have been a bit politer, I guess I'm just passionate about the team and have a low tolerance for bollox Edited by Oneclubinlondon

So because I disagree with you it's bollox? Maybe bringing those train morons wasn't right & I apologise for that but you don't make yourself seem very pleasnt.

I love this club as much as you do FYI. & also, not American. English.

I stand by the fact I wouldn't pay that for Pedro, I would much rather spend it, & more on a player that would actually improve us as a team - Griezmann, Verratti, Matuidi, Koke, maybe even a young RB.

If it was less money maybe, but we already have players who are hard to tackle, good on the ball & provide goals.

He would be another Schurrle, De Bruyne, even Salah.

I still don't see how he will get us 15 extra goals. At Barca he had Messi etc.

The teams us around us have to improve more than we do, and I don't see Pedro making more of a difference to our overall quality and balance like other players would.

I think we would be very lucky to get 15 goals out of pedro yes he is a much better goal scorer than willian but we have a different play style to barca which is much more pragmatic plus the depth of the premier league especially the defences are of a much higher standard than that of la liga, so personally i'd say that 10 goals with as many assists would be an excellent season (and well worth 22 million over 3 seasons)..

Hazard managed 14 this past season taking penalties just to give some perspective.

I'm trying really hard to get along but you're saying a World Cup winner, a Double CL winner transferring at the peak of his career to join 3of his national teammates would be a flop..to add shurrle is a player I think we should never have sold but I see he was lacking a bit pedro is literally the top class version of him. Like another poster mentioned pedro didn't start after Suarez joined and still got 16 goals, last time I checked cesc and hazard were fairly decent at assisting. I am also bewildered how in the current market you think 22 mil is too much from a successful barca player with said accolades at the peak of his career..that's perhaps the worst thing you have said so far, it's a deal, it's a steal in fact f**k it nick I think I'll keep him...

I'll tell you how good pedro is for our team|: if we get him and no one else it's still been a good transfer window, we have been in search of a right winger for some time..this is who we need above all else people like pogba would be lovely but we need a right winger far more than a defensive midfielder, we already have one of the best in the world..But as a bonus wistle AND pedro and I'm telling you I'm chuffed

Edited by Oneclubinlondon

I'm trying really hard to get along but you're saying a World Cup winner, a Double CL winner transferring at the peak of his career to join 3of his national teammates would be a flop..to add shurrle is a player I think we should never have sold but I see he was lacking a bit pedro is literally the top class version of him. Like another poster mentioned pedro didn't start after Suarez joined and still got 16 goals, last time I checked cesc and hazard were fairly decent at assisting. I am also bewildered how in the current market you think 22 mil is too much from a successful barca player with said accolades at the peak of his career..that's perhaps the worst thing you have said so far, it's a deal, it's a steal in fact f**k it nick I think I'll keep him...

At this point I would rather spend it on a position & player we actually NEED.

I am totally happy to be proven wrong by Pedro if he joins, but my opinion is the above.

I'll leave it at that because we clearly won't agree on it and believe it or not I'm not here to argue with fellow Chelsea fans although I'm not one of those people who thinks I have to agree with other Chelsea fans just because we support the same club.

I look forward to bumping shoulders with you again soon. (& again, racist bit, apologies).

Edited by ashtini

I think we would be very lucky to get 15 goals out of pedro yes he is a much better goal scorer than willian but we have a different play style to barca which is much more pragmatic plus the depth of the premier league especially the defences are of a much higher standard than that of la liga, so personally i'd say that 10 goals with as many assists would be an excellent season (and well worth 22 million over 3 seasons)..

Hazard managed 14 this past season taking penalties just to give some perspective.

Pedro is more of a goal scorer than hazard, tats one area of hazards game that he needs to improve to win the ballon d'ior, that's not a problem for me though he is key to every attack, much of what hazard does not reflect in stats, schurrle a far more comparable player got 8 goals not even as a regular starter 13/14 with a less capable team round him, the only thing that would stop pedro getting 15 goals is having to get ivan out of jail and track back more than he should

I stand by the fact I wouldn't pay that for Pedro, I would much rather spend it, & more on a player that would actually improve us as a team - Griezmann, Verratti, Matuidi, Koke, maybe even a young RB.

If it was less money maybe, but we already have players who are hard to tackle, good on the ball & provide goals.

I still don't see how he will get us 15 extra goals. At Barca he had Messi etc.

The teams us around us have to improve more than we do, and I don't see Pedro making more of a difference to our overall quality and balance like other players would.

There are not many star players avaiable this summer, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus and Atletico don't want to sell. It wouldn't be smart to pay way more then what they are worth to change their minds either. I think £22mil for Pedro is not a bad price for a player that has survived 6 years in Barcelona and played 50 games(16 goals) for a great Spain team. It wouldn't be impossible to sell him for half his price in 2-3 years time either.

Pedro wouldn't be another Shurrle, Kdb, Salah. These player are not half as clever as Pedro and all three of them struggled with passing and keeping the ball when it gets crowded around them. Pedro would be a good impact player to have in rotation with Willian, whenever we are chasing a goal he will offer more to the attack.

To be fair i don't see how that comparison is so far of the mark you need to get annoyed with it. KdB was won of the best players in the Bundesliga last season so comparing Pedro to KdB isn't exactly an insult plus he is a similar type player to Schurrle (also a WC winner) however he is probably slightly better but again not that unfair a comparison, salah at a bit more of a stretch but scored goals in italy from that right hand side.

I think the point he was trying to make you can have great end product elsewhere (cough cough salah included) and not make it at chelsea.

Personally I have doubts whether our style of play will suit Pedro and whether he can be molded into a Jose type player, he is a great player and definitely worth 22m but is he right for Chelsea, obviously if he signs Mourinho and the Chelsea board obviously believe he can and they know a lot more about that than I do. 

Edited by PedroMendez

I think he is a perfect player for us, quick, hard worker,goal scorer, hard to tackle..I do t see any potential problems, at target price a straight swap for cuadrado, I like it especially at the lack of available players and out desperate need to strengthen the right side, sure I'd take Gareth bale but players like that aren't for sale and 80 million..don't think so

Personally I have doubts whether our style of play will suit Pedro and whether he can be molded into a Jose type player, he is a great player and definitely worth 22m but is he right for Chelsea, obviously if he signs Mourinho and the Chelsea board obviously believe he can and they know a lot more about that than I do. 

I think he would suit Mourinho.

Counter-attack? He's fast, very, very fast, he's clinical, he's direct. Too many times we waste our counter-attacking opportunities but I think this is where he would excel.

Also, he knows about pressing, he knows about high energy, he knows about winning the ball back, and he knows about winning.

I can see why Jose would want him, personally.

If I was insulting it wasn't meant to be taken to heart but if you make big bold statements that are so far off someone will call you on it, but you're right this forum is commendably civilised for the most part, I should have been a bit politer, I guess I'm just passionate about the team and have a low tolerance for bollox

Sorry I wasn't trying to be a parent telling off a child lol I just mean best to leave it with someone like that.

Could be praz with a batman style alias!!

Thanks davey baby. I get pissed by people's comments at times. Schurle started ahead of william at the start of last season despite the fact that william was a "mourinho kind of player". That position is not a defensive position. You are only expected to assist the defence at times when your right back goes forward or your opponent is making a run from deep into your own box. Mourinho knew that position was an attacking position and that was why schurle got picked ahead of Willian who could tackle, was more skillful, and was stronger. Schurle was a better no. 7. We all know why Schurle got benched later. So, its not like mourinho likes willian and he can't keep him on the bench. Was he a starter in the first place? Pedro is a better player.

Take a look at Bojan Krkic when he came to stoke. You would think that coming from barca's bench, he might not play very well but he did well. If we are getting a player who would play better than what Bojan played at stoke, then I'll take it. Pedro is fast, direct and he can pass the ball. let's sign him.

Edited by hephzibah

Pedro was never on my list but once considered, I think he'd fit in very well. Versatile, we likes that. Good out wide and capable of chipping in with a fair amount of goals while not being afraid to get back and do some dirty work.

He might not raise the team to another level but he would be a player who, if not earning a spot in the starting 11, could be rotated in to give other players a rest without seeing a significant decline of quality on the pitch. Probably more Spanish speakers than English in the squad, including a former teammate, so I doubt he will struggle too much to adjust mentally.

I also think 22 is a fair price in the current market. Moving Salah would probably cover most of it.

Edited by Barry Bridges

Just read liverpool will bid for him too, imagine those scums talking about Pedro joined a bigger club if somehow they outbid us. I think he will be a good player for us, may not get too many games in August and September. However once we get over those dreaded international breaks, fully expect him to play lot more games. One thing we didn't do well was rotation, we got the likes of Hazard/Cesc/Costa completely knackered, then there are players like Schurlle/Currado who couldn't get a game. I believe Jose will rectify that by having better squad players.