Pedro

skippy
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Looks like Bartomeu has won the election, so he'll continue as the Barca president. I guess, it means good news for us because Laporta promised to keep Pedro, if elected.

The next few days could be interesting.

Edited by abramovich

Looks like Bartomeu has won the election, so he'll continue as the Barca president. I guess, it means good news for us because Laporta promised to keep Pedro, if elected.

The next few days could be interesting.

Reports in Spain suggesting United have agreed a deal.

Will Pedro actually improve us? Is he better than Willian there? I don't think so. (Although I like Willian centrally)

Id love to see Traore get a few appearances there.

Traore is far better as a striker, he was moved there since he didn't perform as a right winger for Vitesse. Cuadrado is helpess and won't improve enough. That leaves us with playing Remy, Ramires and Oscar out of position on the right side, none of them are that good at getting past players, Oscar has one of the worst AM stats at it. When we play 60+ games we need better backups, or defensive/attacking options to Hazard and Willian, we were very lucky with them not picking up injuries and suspensions last season. Still we had games where they looked a bit fatigued and out of form. Thats why we need another winger, if we fail signing Pedro, then I fear there won't bee any good options left this summer.

Edited by comtrend

Yesterday, Transfer Talk already had Pedro moving to the Premier League and it seems we may have been right, sort of. The Guardian are reporting that it's Manchester United, not Chelsea though, who are ready to trigger the Spaniard's £22m release clause with Barcelona

Uhhh haven't we already come to the conclusion that Pedro's release clause is still at 150m?  

Edited by TrueBlueSeaFC87

Will Pedro actually improve us? Is he better than Willian there? I don't think so. (Although I like Willian centrally)

Id love to see Traore get a few appearances there.

He would add goals and assists to our team, it's the main part of Willian's game that is lacking.

Traore is far better as a striker, he was moved there since he didn't perform as a right winger for Vitesse. 

This is an absolute falsehood! This is how people say things that arent true and when its not challenged, others believe the person.

Traore was moved to the striker position, solely because Vitesse were missing strikers. and then when he began to score a lot of goals, the coach decided to leave him in that position, as there was no point to select another striker when Traore was doing the job

This is an absolute falsehood! This is how people say things that arent true and when its not challenged, others believe the person.

Traore was moved to the striker position, solely because Vitesse were missing strikers. and then when he began to score a lot of goals, the coach decided to leave him in that position, as there was no point to select another striker when Traore was doing the job

doesn't tale from the fact that he was a better striker then a winger

doesn't tale from the fact that he was a better striker then a winger

No evidence to prove that at all. even when he was moved to striker position, most of his plays were runs from way outside the box. 

Anyway, we will see how good he performs as a winger/AM for CFC, because thats where i believe Mourinho will play him

No evidence to prove that at all. even when he was moved to striker position, most of his plays were runs from way outside the box.

Anyway, we will see how good he performs as a winger/AM for CFC, because thats where i believe Mourinho will play him

My eyes tell me that, watching the games... IS that evidence enough

How many AM's do United think they can play at one time?!

I get the feeling LVG would like to play with two at the back and 2 in the middle if he could. They've bought an entire team since Fergs left.

Still a big fan of this move. Willian cant play against a parked bus, just doesnt have the head for it. Pedro however, years of experience at it and its something we need

Barca's current president Bartomeu was re-elected. Not sure what it has to do with this Pedro-deal but now it is done. It was that former French center-back who had apparently commented it. Works for Barca but don't remember his name. Maybe some Pedro-news on monday then...

whoever jose and the board feel is right, we will sign. if pedro doesn't fit that criteria than he won't be signed. I personally don't see us sitting back and letting our rivals sign players we genuinely have an interest in. we know nothing of our interest in certain players, all rumours, so until something concrete comes out confirming our interest in pedro, witsel or anyone else, then i will remain sceptical. we don't need anyone specifically, especially as it looks like RLC and traore will get genuine chances, so we just have to be patient and people need to stop having hissy fits because we're not linked with pogba, bale, reus, messi, or some other world class player that some feel we're entitled to sign, which seems to be a real problem amongst our fans and football fans in general. all of a sudden we will lose the league and our chances in europe are diminished because we haven't signed a few big names, it's pathetic and a massive overreaction.

Edited by enigma

seems like jose's main focus is on genuinely developing youth and building a long term project, whereas utd are buying for the short term. i never thought i would witness this considering utd focused a lot on their youth system, but i suppose they've gone a few years without a big trophy/cup that they need to pull their finger out. if i am honest, if jose has a genuine plan to build for long term then i would be a lot happier than buying for the short term because it's been a while since we've had that. however, buying pedro would be of benefit to us for that right side, but it's no biggie if we don't get him because we just spent 27 million on a right sided winger in cuadrado, so do we really want to spend another 20+ million on pedro etc without giving cuadrado time to settle in and establish himself. 

Edited by enigma