Pedro

skippy
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I've read this in a few places also. I really hope its not true. 

Hes' obviously not going to say "I want rid of him" as that would drive the price down as Jose would have, essentially, told the entire market that Moses was surplus to requirements

Reading all the comments of how he presses and never gives up, is direct, etc.  It just screams "Jose Player" to me.  I'm starting to resent that term, but you get what I mean.

Anyway, I think lots of us, at the start of every transfer window, all get rather excited and giddy about who we need to bring in.  Jesus, there's even mentions of complete overhauls of a team that's just won the title (in the past, thankfully not too much this season).  Truth of the matter is, we're not dealing with a video game, or Football Manager here.  Just because we all think Griezmann and Pogba are the current crop of superstars, doesn't mean we'll land them, nor does it mean we'll break the current mantra of buying and selling wisely just to land these POTENTIAL superstars.

I think Pedro is a solid player.  He is being kept out of Barcelona's team because they unquestionably have the best attacking 3 in world football right now.  I think RW is a position we need to look at, among others.  And I can't help but feel we'll sign Pedro, and stick with Quadrado -  thus, selling Moses and Salah.

Another important aspect is at 27 he's experienced without being over the hill, he really should be hitting his prime, and someone like Solanke or Brown aren't going to be completely threatened by this signing, whereas they would with a Griezmann-esque signing.

Kind of hope this happens.  It's solid, it's under the radar (a little, but that's because it's not a blockbuster signing), its not overly expensive, and it could possibly piss the Scousers off.  

Oneclub, you started off well but your starting to get a bit annoying now. Ashtini made a bit of a sloppy argument and you jumped down his throat. He came back and IMO made a much better response explaining his reasoning (which I must say I'm beginning to agree with).

Unfortunately you have a massive blind spot where Pedro is concerned as you refuse to accept a negative statement about him, to the point of using petty insults.

Welcome Ashtini mate, I hope this hasn't put you off posting here. Make sure your concise with reasoning in future or just super hilarious, that works just as well haha.

Oneclub, you started off well but your starting to get a bit annoying now. Ashtini made a bit of a sloppy argument and you jumped down his throat. He came back and IMO made a much better response explaining his reasoning (which I must say I'm beginning to agree with).

Unfortunately you have a massive blind spot where Pedro is concerned as you refuse to accept a negative statement about him, to the point of using petty insults.

Welcome Ashtini mate, I hope this hasn't put you off posting here. Make sure your concise with reasoning in future or just super hilarious, that works just as well haha.

Thanks, wasn't the greatest of starts admittedly but I stand by what I said - other positions need more attention.

Looking at depth, it still appeals more to me to strengthen elsewhere:

GK - Courtois/Begovic

RB - Ivanovic/Azpilicueta

CB - Terry/Cahill/Ivanovic/Zouma

LB - Azpilicueta/Luis

CM/DM - Matic/Fabregas/Ramies/Mikel/Loftus-Cheek/Zouma

RW - Hazard/Willian/Oscar/Cuadrado/Moses/Salah

AM - Fabregas/Hazard//Willian/Oscar

LW - Hazard/Willian/Oscar/Cuadrado/Moses/Salah

ST - Costa/Remy/Falcao/Solanke

Obviously this doesn't include loaned players that could be anything. But looking at that, an injury and a suspension in defence leaves us worryingly thin - especially with Luis constantly linked with going - although if we get Baba that could be very exciting.

The other thing that stands out to me is the lack of positional depth at DM. Fabregas isn't a defensive midfielder, Ramires I like but is scary in that position, Mikel well is Mikel, Loftus-Cheek looks set for big things but would you chuck him in a Champions League semi-final vs Bayern? Zouma has done ok there but as we will be going for trophies on 4 fronts I think he should be utilised more to cover defence (or even get in ahead of Cahill, though Cahill wasn't helped by Ivanovic's covering play last season granted).

I understand how people may be thinking that attacking mid should not be a priority as we have healthy competition for places but the truth of the matter is that goal output from our Midfield is incredibly poor.

I don't see anyone from Matic/Fabregas/Willian/Ramires/Mikel/Cuadrado/Salah/Oscar get onto double figures in terms of goals in the Premier League. Hazard I believe will find it more difficult this season unless we see more attacking intent from the right flank with players running in behind from the wing. The last player we had who could do this was Schurlle. We definitely need someone in the mould of Pedro to enable us to do that in order to add another dimension to our attack.

We are lucky in the sense that we have the likes of Terry and Ivanovic who have incredible goal scoring records for defenders and have often chipped in with vital strikes but the fact of the matter is that we have not replaced the Goals we lost with the departure of Lampard. 

Great player, a proper workhorse and definitely a Mourinho player.

Not enough depth or progression in this rumour for me to get optimistic about it..................yet

Said like a true pro, it's hard not to get hopes up though!

Thanks, wasn't the greatest of starts admittedly but I stand by what I said - other positions need more attention.

Looking at depth, it still appeals more to me to strengthen elsewhere:

GK - Courtois/Begovic

RB - Ivanovic/Azpilicueta

CB - Terry/Cahill/Ivanovic/Zouma

LB - Azpilicueta/Luis

CM/DM - Matic/Fabregas/Ramies/Mikel/Loftus-Cheek/Zouma

RW - Hazard/Willian/Oscar/Cuadrado/Moses/Salah

AM - Fabregas/Hazard//Willian/Oscar

LW - Hazard/Willian/Oscar/Cuadrado/Moses/Salah

ST - Costa/Remy/Falcao/Solanke

Obviously this doesn't include loaned players that could be anything. But looking at that, an injury and a suspension in defence leaves us worryingly thin - especially with Luis constantly linked with going - although if we get Baba that could be very exciting.

The other thing that stands out to me is the lack of positional depth at DM. Fabregas isn't a defensive midfielder, Ramires I like but is scary in that position, Mikel well is Mikel, Loftus-Cheek looks set for big things but would you chuck him in a Champions League semi-final vs Bayern? Zouma has done ok there but as we will be going for trophies on 4 fronts I think he should be utilised more to cover defence (or even get in ahead of Cahill, though Cahill wasn't helped by Ivanovic's covering play last season granted).

Much better haha!!

I'm very excited about Baba as well I really hope we sign him as he looks tremendous. Really reminds me of A. Cole.

For me I think the right wing is our main position in need of strength. Although I do agree with your ascertations about the DM position and I'd like to see a tough tackler and intelligent passer in that position but I'm not sure who'd for the bill.

I follow 5 accounts on twitter and one of them is this: 

https://twitter.com/mephobia8

He works for an investment bank and their clients handle most of the transfers in Europe. He is 100% accurate with his comments because he pretty much tells you when his clients make an approach or an offer. Which is different from  ITKs who tell you a deal will be completed.

Anyway, he has said Liverpool has contacted Barca for Pedro, but he has said NOTHING about Chelsea. 

Seems another deal chelsea is not interested in.

He works for an investment bank and their clients handle most of the transfers in Europe. He is 100% accurate with his comments because he pretty much tells you when his clients make an approach or an offer. Which is different from ITKs who tell you a deal will be completed.

Anyway, he has said Liverpool has contacted Barca for Pedro, but he has said NOTHING about Chelsea.

So let me get this right, you're on Twitter, you follow a few people, one of them works for a bank, the bank has a few clients, the clients are all on Twitter, they clients handle football transfers, whenever the clients make an offer, your man knows about it, he tweets about it, you post about his tweets.

Failsafe, if you ask me.

He works for an investment bank and their clients handle most of the transfers in Europe. He is 100% accurate with his comments because he pretty much tells you when his clients make an approach or an offer. Which is different from ITKs who tell you a deal will be completed.

Seems like this guy might lose his job soon enough..

Thats what happens when you lose Lamps and his automatic 10 goals a season. How many midfielders score 10+ a season in the Prem? Cesc is capable of it, Id say Oscar is too if he can perform at a high level the entire season instead of just the first 3 months.

Chelsea had Lampard for 5 years and failed to win the PL. He was dismissed and immediately, Chelsea won the league. In my opinion, Chelsea does not miss lampard, one bit.

So let me get this right, 

you're on Twitter, 

yes

you follow a few people, 

Yes

one of them works for a bank, 

yes

the bank has a few clients, 

Yes

the clients are all on Twitter, 

I dont know

they clients handle football transfers, 

Yes

whenever the clients make an offer, your man knows about it, 

Wouldnt call him "my man." I am a married man. married to a woman. But, Yes

he tweets about it, 

Yes

you post about his tweets.

Once

So let me get this right, you're on Twitter, you follow a few people, one of them works for a bank, the bank has a few clients, the clients are all on Twitter, they clients handle football transfers, whenever the clients make an offer, your man knows about it, he tweets about it, you post about his tweets.

Failsafe, if you ask me.

Hehehhehe Davey you make me chuckle at times so you do!

This seems so so far from being a legit source. It sounds like this 'banker' has thought of a new angle to get twitter followers, since everyone has cottoned on to the idk bullsh*tting agents.

Not having a go at you, but that sounds very sketchy.

This seems so so far from being a legit source. It sounds like this 'banker' has thought of a new angle to get twitter followers, since everyone has cottoned on to the idk bullsh*tting agents.

No offense taken, buddy.  :-)

Failsafe, if you ask me.

Sounds pretty rock solid

Barcelona winger Pedro’s release clause fee remains set at €150m this summer, according to Marca.

Recent reports from Spain – and declarations from the player himself – have claimed that the Spaniard’s buyout clause was lowered from €150m to €30m when he signed a new contract in June.

That boosted his list of suitors, which includes Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and PSG. However, according to Marca, that release clause fee will only drop to €30m in 2016 if he features in less than 60% of Barca’s first-team minutes in the 2015-16 season.

In addition, the report adds that the player and the club agreed during his recent renewal to listen to any offers in excess of €25m that arrive for his services this summer, with PSG thought to be weighing up a bid.

Barcelona winger Pedro’s release clause fee remains set at €150m this summer, according to Marca.

Recent reports from Spain – and declarations from the player himself – have claimed that the Spaniard’s buyout clause was lowered from €150m to €30m when he signed a new contract in June.

That boosted his list of suitors, which includes Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and PSG. However, according to Marca, that release clause fee will only drop to €30m in 2016 if he features in less than 60% of Barca’s first-team minutes in the 2015-16 season.

In addition, the report adds that the player and the club agreed during his recent renewal to listen to any offers in excess of €25m that arrive for his services this summer, with PSG thought to be weighing up a bid.

Looks flawed to me.

What recent renewal? He has one year left.

The release clause only drops to 30m euros in 2016? As soon as we enter 2016 he can negotiate a deal with another club, who will get him for nothing in the summer.