What's gone wrong? Why are we so bad?

CFC-Forever
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

What Jose should be doing is finding a new club. He can't fix this. He never has managed a team where he has been it for the long term. He isn't a Ferguson, stay at a club a long time, manager. He assembles a team to win in the short term, but his teams can't sustain it. He isn't a build through youth guy. Chelsea need a manager that can build and sustain success. Jose is not that guy. The days of crazy spending are over and chelsea need a manager that can adapt to that. He needs to be someone that can blend youth with stars. Jose has never done that and he never will.

Well if people like you are never willing to give him a chance to do that then when will he ever get a chance to try it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jhIqRX7Da0

Sorry if it's a repost, but interesting analysis from Neville

He always nails the analysis. Im always learning when I watch MNF, and i tend to think im quite analytical about football generally and not just an average 'armchair fan', but the things he picks up on I would never have noticed really. Best pundit in the business without a doubt

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after tonight's shambolic performance I think my thread is relevant once again. I really don't know what to say, I'm at a complete loss with this team. There's just no hunger or desire. The players don't seem to give a sh*t. I still can't quite get my head around how a team can become so bad so quickly. I mean, we've lost more matches this season than we did in the whole of last season... I only hope Roman doesn't get tired of this and pulls the trigger. I still think Jose's the right man for the job. 

What Jose should be doing is finding a new club. He can't fix this. He never has managed a team where he has been it for the long term. He isn't a Ferguson, stay at a club a long time, manager. He assembles a team to win in the short term, but his teams can't sustain it. He isn't a build through youth guy. Chelsea need a manager that can build and sustain success. Jose is not that guy. The days of crazy spending are over and chelsea need a manager that can adapt to that. He needs to be someone that can blend youth with stars. Jose has never done that and he never will.

So who do you think should succeed him?

Sometimes 1 man's ego could be the downfall of the mutual respect..

Apart from offfield problems, I can't really tell what caused the team to be in such sorry state.. Love him or loath him, jose can't be this bad...

There are obviously problems on and off the pitch and in my opinion they are mental ones, this is pretty much the same team that walked the league last season.

I don't want to make this all about Ivanovic, because that just wouldn't be fair. But the signs were there last season, his defending wasn't very good back then either. Maybe age has just caught up with him. The easy solution would be to move Azpi to right back and put Baba at left back.

I suspect the reason Mourinho is keeping Ivanovic is because he is one of the few leaders we have left.

And that's were our biggest problem lies, we don't have any leaders left in our team. We used to have a spine of players that carried the team on the back. Cech -> JT -> Lamps -> Drogba, they were huge for us, on and of the pitch. We just don't have that anymore. Add to that the players who we had surrounding them, players like Essien and Ballack and many more over the years.

Fabregas and Matic just don't give me the same feeling those others used to, they aren't born leaders like the before mentioned were.

I don't always agree with Costa's actions, but I do think he is huge for us on the pitch. He is vocal, he yells at our players and he doesn't take sh*t from the opponents. He plays with heart, just like JT, Lampard, Ivanovic, Drogba and so on always did. 

Our current team doesn't have that ''character'' and it's very frustrating to me. It seems they don't even care if we win or lose, there is no heart of effort in our games anymore.

We have been in desperate need for new leaders to stand up and it just hasn't happened. Line ups, formations and tactics can only get you so far.
I don't think we can blame Mourinho for this either, as I don't think there's an easy fix for this.

Edited by CFCholland

I believe Jose is what is wrong. He maybe a great manager but he ain't the best example of an ideal gentleman. Picks too many unnecessary fights and that rattles the dressing room a little bit.

What does being a gentleman have to do with football though ? Being nice often doesn't work in sport, you need that ruthless side to be winner.

people talk about the team being burnt out but has anybody ever thought that jose might be burnt out? he has spent how many years in the hot seats now? he has not seemed quite right since he returned if you ask me and now he is looking very very tense, under pressure and more and more rattled.

at the end of the day he is only human.

just a thought.

people talk about the team being burnt out but has anybody ever thought that jose might be burnt out? he has spent how many years in the hot seats now? he has not seemed quite right since he returned if you ask me and now he is looking very very tense, under pressure and more and more rattled.

at the end of the day he is only human.

just a thought.

Burnt out doesn't really stop you from dropping players that should be dropped does it. I know he's only human but its not like he's underpaid struggling to pay bills and feed he's kids like millions of parents. He's well paid to do a job so he should do if simple as that

• 2 weeks later...