The Unpopular Football opinion thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Devil Dog said:

Am jealous of spurs having a homegrown striker who is banging in the goals 

I'm jealous of all their quality, young, English players.

But then again, they are jealous of our league title... :laugh2:

When managers, players, fans etc say ... where we belong. No you belong wherever you are at that moment. No one had a divine right to be anything. For example Klopp is saying Liverpool belong in the CL. Sure they will next season cause they earned it but the years out of it they didn't belong in it because they weren't good enough.

Another this one might shock as I'm definitely a Queen fan but when teams win trophies and play We Are the Champions. Look I get it it makes sense it's been done for years but I just don't like that song.

26 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

When managers, players, fans etc say ... where we belong. No you belong wherever you are at that moment. No one had a divine right to be anything. For example Klopp is saying Liverpool belong in the CL. Sure they will next season cause they earned it but the years out of it they didn't belong in it because they weren't good enough.

Another this one might shock as I'm definitely a Queen fan but when teams win trophies and play We Are the Champions. Look I get it it makes sense it's been done for years but I just don't like that song.

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who can't stand it :good2:

Players bringing selfie sticks and phones up with them recording as they get medals and such. 

I hate tech is taking over moments like that, just bloody enjoy it. Who cares about twitter and Facebook just savour the day and post all that stuff later. Not like there's not thousands of videos and photos being taken by club staff 

4 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

Won't last long. Sooner or later he will move like all of their top players over the years.

I'm not talking about spurs in general..just would love to have our own goal scorer who came from the youth

On a similar vein, I can't stand it when fans say, 'he's not up to the Chelsea standard.' I'm not taking about targets but players on the team!

34 minutes ago, EmeraldBlue said:

On a similar vein, I can't stand it when fans say, 'he's not up to the Chelsea standard.' I'm not taking about targets but players on the team!

Another one for me is when players say "that wasn't the real us". It's a load of bollocks.

15 hours ago, EmeraldBlue said:

Yes, fully agree on that. Its a stupid thing to say.

On 2017-5-22 at 10:40, Bobbywoodhogan said:

United fans and ex players have been the worst for this of late, especially Paul Scholes. Every single game where Scholes is a pundit for a United game, he goes on about where United should be. He forget's that United are just one club out of hundreds of other clubs. United are where they should be right now because they aren't good enough to be in a better position.

I'm also bored of the Queen song too. It's everywhere, it get's a bit boring hearing it every year. I'm also bored of hearing "Championes, Championes, Ole! Ole! Ole!". It's ok hearing it once or twice, but when it's repeated again and again and again, it get's really boring.

On 2017-5-22 at 10:40, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Linked to that is Managers brown nosing fans. Like spending years implying that team X and their fans are idiots and then getting the manager's job and coming out with the 'Special team/fans/town/tradition, etc' stuff. 

'Our fans are always passionate and well-informed'

'I've long respected the footballing traditions of Ekkersly on the Wold'

'It’s such an honour to manage... '

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Linked to that is Managers brown nosing fans. Like spending years implying that team X and their fans are idiots and then getting the manager's job and coming out with the 'Special team/fans/town/tradition, etc' stuff. 

'Our fans are always passionate and well-informed'

'I've long respected the footballing traditions of Ekkersly on the Wold'

'It’s such an honour to manage... '

"I've always loved Chelsea and their fans" says Stan Collymore through gritted teeth as he starts his new job cleaning the Stamford Bridge cooking surfaces.