The Unpopular Football opinion thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

14 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I have a new one, pundits and the media constantly banging on about next season. I've just seen United win the EL final and I noticed when we won the title and the day of the trophy lift that pundits were obsessed with what was to come. You're supposed to enjoy these moments when you win silverware, this is what football is about. 

Every new premier league season is meant to be the best one yet!

I don't know if its just me or not, but I'm finding this whole Man Utd "do it for Manchester" over their win to be in very poor taste and quite disrespectful actually. What has them beating Ajax got to do with a bunch of teenage girls getting killed? A minutes silence? Yes. Donate to the charities? Yes. Support in any other way they want? Yes. But to try and associate themselves winning a trophy with this just seems wrong to me..

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

I don't know if its just me or not, but I'm finding this whole Man Utd "do it for Manchester" over their win to be in very poor taste and quite disrespectful actually. What has them beating Ajax got to do with a bunch of teenage girls getting killed? A minutes silence? Yes. Donate to the charities? Yes. Support in any other way they want? Yes. But to try and associate themselves winning a trophy with this just seems wrong to me..

If i could agree with this 10 times then i would. I thought BT were terrible last night, worse than they have ever been. They tried to create a narrative for United and it didn't sit right with me at all. We weren't the only ones that thought this either. I was seeing a lot of people on Twitter that were angry with them too.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

I don't know why they said it would make families/friends of the victims would feel better now, if i lost a family member or close friend on Monday i wouldn't even care about our cup final let alone United's.

3 hours ago, lukecfc said:

Every new premier league season is meant to be the best one yet!

2 hours ago, adineen98 said:

Or the closest title race ever seen

Would be funny if we run away with it again. This summer will be the same sh*t, the media won't learn and still hype up Pep vs Jose and claim we are going to nosedive without Europe, if we secure back to back's it would be just as satisfying as this one, if not more.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

I was very disappointed last night with the fans of both teams not correctly observing a minutes silence for the victims. One idiot shouted out and before we know it fans from all sides clapped and then cheered and sang whilst the players stood in silence. What is wrong with football fans when they fail to be able to observe a moment in silence especially when its affected the city you hail from.

Just now, Argo said:

His big game record is unreal, but he has a problem with consistency.

Unreal as in bad unreal? Hasn't he lost every final he's been in?

46 minutes ago, dkw said:

Unreal as in bad unreal? Hasn't he lost every final he's been in?

I meant his big game record in the PL, I should have specified it more. I think he's lost once to United just after he arrived but since then hasn't been beaten once in games vs the big six.

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

Agree, even more so because I think if they had lost the narrative would have been "football is not important at times like these"

- musonda is terribly overrated , probably because he's a 'wonderkid' on football manager and fifa, there's a reason why he's on the bench on a sh*t real betis team

- i like carra's and mcnamanamanamann's punditry, even with their squeaky voice

- i agree pep is damn overrated still, can't help but envy his pulling power

- pogba will come good

- more of a personal confession but i admit for some reason i have a soft spot for southampton, watched lots of saints matches the past two seasons, ikr im such a plastic (btw they would be retarded to sack puel) 

Edited by havelschayes

33 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Arsenal are a much better team than we give them credit for ...

That would have been perceptive if you'd said it yesterday! :rofl:

Interesting thread idea Bobby. 

I will start with my opinion that eden hazard is vastly overrated by most Chelsea fans and the media. A talented player no doubt and with the ability to produce the sublime but not consistent enough for the level messi or Ronaldo have reached. If hazard played as good a game as he talks he would be the new maradona. 

I think we have been talking way to long about developing the bridge and is about time some work actually began at the site, or are we waiting for 2050 for the work to be complete? 

I have a complete lack of faith in those responsible for our transfers and think we will end up with some players conte does not want and think we could end up with a Jose style mutiny again next season.

I have to admit I quite like Liverpool's "you will never walk alone" start to their games. Think it is one of the best themes for football. It is the only thing I do like about them. 

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 02:32, coco said:

Cech was a better keeper than Tibo.

Second that, actually would go further saying considerably better and the only thing tibo has on him is he is younger. 

Edited by axman2526

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Interesting thread idea Bobby. 

I will start with my opinion that eden hazard is vastly overrated by most Chelsea fans and the media. A talented player no doubt and with the ability to produce the sublime but not consistent enough for the level messi or Ronaldo have reached. If hazard played as good a game as he talks he would be the new maradona. 

I think we have been talking way to long about developing the bridge and is about time some work actually began at the site, or are we waiting for 2050 for the work to be complete? 

I have a complete lack of faith in those responsible for our transfers and think we will end up with some players conte does not want and think we could end up with a Jose style mutiny again next season.

I have to admit I quite like Liverpool's "you will never walk alone" start to their games. Think it is one of the best themes for football. It is the only thing I do like about them. 

Interesting reply. There are things about our teams that we ignore or skirt over. I can't see Spurs ever abandoning a 'sensible' wages and buys policy - we won't make marquee signings and, tbh, everyone is for sale for the right price. It's a limiting factor on our ambitions. 

Re. Hazard, his performance in JM's last season epitomised everything wrong with player power in today's game. 

I'm not a fan of Dele Alli (he has ego issues). 

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Interesting reply. There are things about our teams that we ignore or skirt over. I can't see Spurs ever abandoning a 'sensible' wages and buys policy - we won't make marquee signings and, tbh, everyone is for sale for the right price. It's a limiting factor on our ambitions. 

Re. Hazard, his performance in JM's last season epitomised everything wrong with player power in today's game. 

I'm not a fan of Dele Alli (he has ego issues). 

Yes it does spud and is what worries me ahead of the next season. What if they decide they no longer like contes robust training methods and it is 10th place here we come again. 

Next one, our title win has probably papered over the cracks again for Roman and the board who may well think our issues are minimal. They are not. 

I really look forward to seeing the back of Costa and hope he is sold this summer, even if it is a more sensible fee than the ones reported from China. 

19 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Yes it does spud and is what worries me ahead of the next season. What if they decide they no longer like contes robust training methods and it is 10th place here we come again. 

Next one, our title win has probably papered over the cracks again for Roman and the board who may well think our issues are minimal. They are not. 

I really look forward to seeing the back of Costa and hope he is sold this summer, even if it is a more sensible fee than the ones reported from China. 

Agreed. The one thing I've taken from the Chelsea (under JM) and Leicester stories is that it's essential to buy new players in the closed season to ensure the regular players - even if they make up a very good squad - are challenged for their places. 

One thing that surprised me a bit yesterday was the CFC players not looking gutted after the match. Was that just me thinking that?