GIVE MORRIS A CHANCE?

I would say jody morris has earned a chance at having a go at being first team manager? Bloke has worked wonders with the kids and he is one of our own a chelsea fan? Maybe get in lamps to help him out also? With having a couple of ex players in charge you would hope that they would share the same passion for the club as the fans do?

5 hours ago, Little Boy Blue said:

I wouldn't mind Carlo back with Jody assisting. Not sure if its been mentioned elsewhere but Steve Holland leaving may have something to do with our decline. Same thing happened when Butch got the push. We need someone with Chelsea at heart to be involved,  obviously with the right credentials.

Steve Holland was there in JM's bad season. I blame the players but why won't Conte drop them? Instructions from upstairs i guess. Jody needs more time. Don't forget the youth team has been good for years. if Conte was fired then let him run it till the end of the season and ask Steve back to assist.

In the summer who do you get but maybe Jody can assist.

23 hours ago, Armagh jose said:

Always thought Jody will assist either jt or lamps if they get the chance

Imagine JT and Jody.......

They were supposed to open JT's brother in laws dry cleaners in Chafford 100 in 2003 but had been out the night before. JT arrived with dark glasses and apologised for Jody missing it. My son had JT sign his shirt but i know their relationship runs deep.

Think they could be a dream team. No holds barred in the dressing room.

Bring it on.

On 4/4/2018 at 02:41, Chelseafitzy said:

I would say jody morris has earned a chance at having a go at being first team manager? Bloke has worked wonders with the kids and he is one of our own a chelsea fan? Maybe get in lamps to help him out also? With having a couple of ex players in charge you would hope that they would share the same passion for the club as the fans do?

A little early for JM to move to the 1st team. Would like to see him take over at a smaller club and get a few years with 1st team football before CFC just hand over the first team to him. However I do think they need someone like Lampard or Ballack (someone with a good football mind) to have a voice with the board and decisions the board makes.

Really though, whenever JT hangs his boots up he needs to be on the coaching staff and in the dressing room

19 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

A little early for JM to move to the 1st team. Would like to see him take over at a smaller club and get a few years with 1st team football before CFC just hand over the first team to him. However I do think they need someone like Lampard or Ballack (someone with a good football mind) to have a voice with the board and decisions the board makes.

Really though, whenever JT hangs his boots up he needs to be on the coaching staff and in the dressing room

If he moved to another club he would have even less chance of getting the Chelsea managers job. 

Eddie Howe is one of the best managers in the Premier League. He's not even linked with our job or the Arsenal one. 

In what way is Eddie Howe "one of the best managers in the Premier League"?  They are currently 10th or 11th, on a par with Watford, Newcastle and the like.  They finished 16th and 9th previously.  Just because he's English and has a nice smile doesn't make him any good. 

He has to cut his teeth with a senior side first I think. I know Zidane and Pep were thrown into the deep end but they done so with 2 of the greatest squads to play football in the last decade.

Morris would be on a hiding to nothing if he was given the job in the summer, its too big for him at the moment. IMO.

On 4/13/2018 at 16:38, yorkleyblue said:

In what way is Eddie Howe "one of the best managers in the Premier League"?  They are currently 10th or 11th, on a par with Watford, Newcastle and the like.  They finished 16th and 9th previously.  Just because he's English and has a nice smile doesn't make him any good. 

With that team? Benitez is a great manager having done the same as well, I couldn't have him at Chelsea because of what he's said bit he should be in the running for the arsenal job. Watford have a great club set up that signs great players, players like Richarlison and doucoure. 

Howe has nothing from his club and he does a lot with f**k all. He hasn't managed at a big club but he has managed in the premier league. He won't be bothered by our lack of competing for big signings that we can't afford, he'd be a proper coach and he knows the premier league.

I'd love an appointment like him, with a view that we won't win trophies for a couple of years but to integrate our youth and get the best out of our team. How can we logically, united and city are the Bayern Munich's of our league. We are the Dortmund and we need to start acting that way 

We aren't the Chelsea of 2005-2012, we don't have the best players and the biggest egos. Chelsea 2018-2025 should be the club with the best set up. 

A club I'd be proud to support. 

Edited by benjsross

20 hours ago, benjsross said:

he does a lot with f**k all.

What does he do?  He's done f**k all with f**k all.  Won nothing and come nowhere near winning anything, and never ever looked liked winning anything.  Just because his team beat a disinterested and demoralised Chelsea team once, doesn't make him a good manager.

Why on earth would you possibly think that he is a top manager?

5 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

What does he do?  He's done f**k all with f**k all.  Won nothing and come nowhere near winning anything, and never ever looked liked winning anything.  Just because his team beat a disinterested and demoralised Chelsea team once, doesn't make him a good manager.

Why on earth would you possibly think that he is a top manager?

He took Bournemouth from the relegation places in league two with a 17 point gap to safety to league one promotion in two years. He then got them from league one to the premier league in three years. That's bottom of league two up to Premier League in 5 seasons. He has won the football league championship title and has established Bournemouth as a solid Premier League side with the team mainly comprised of players who he had in League 1/2. Its about as impressive as any manager currently in the premier league, what he has done.

So being a good manager in the lower leagues means he is fit and capable to manage a top European side?  Yeah, OK.  You do know that managing a league 2 side is not the same as a top 4 Premier league side, right?

And you say "solid premier league side", I say "consistently mid-table or lower premier league side"

Can you honestly say, as a Chelsea fan, that you would want him here?

Edited by yorkleyblue
speeling

1 minute ago, yorkleyblue said:

So being a good manager in the lower leagues means he is fit and capable to manage a top European side?  Yeah, OK.  You do know that managing a league 2 side is not the same as a top 4 Premier league side, right?

And you say "solid premier league side", I say "consistently mid-table or lower premier league side"

No, I wouldn't want him at Chelsea but that wasn't what I was arguing. You said he had done f**k all with f**k all, I refuted that. He has done quite a bit with f**k all and has actually won a league title (Albeit a lower league one). 

Also, mid table is about as solid a premier league side can get. Above that is the best of the best. Its a bit weird that you think mid table is somehow a failure for a side that has spent most of its existence wallowing around in the lower leagues of football. 

I do think Eddie Howe deserves a chance at a bigger club though. Somebody like Everton would be good for him.

Sean Dyche is another manager who probably deserves a chance at a bigger club. In fact, he may deserve a chance with a top club like Arsenal, although his football style is not amazing.

I never said mid-table was "somehow a failure", I just said that that was his level and ability.  And "mid-table" is being quite generous, they were 16th the other year.  People in here (not necessarily you) were punting him as a "great" manager and I think that is over-the-top bollocks given what he has achieved at the highest level, which is precisely f**k-all.  So I see nothing that says either Howe or the Ginger Mourinho "deserve" anything more than the mediocrity they have currently.

5 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

I'd be happy to have Eddie Howe. Don't really want another manager who has been doing the round robin of top clubs in Europe.

I wouldn't want Dyche though. 

Howe was made manager of Bournemouth when he had just turned 32, midway through the season, with Bournemouth 7 points from safety in League 2, and he managed to steer them to safety. Not bad for a young rookie.

The following season he steered them to promotion. Impressive, especially when you consider a transfer embargo had been imposed on the club throughout the season and the season before.

Pretty damn remarkable really.

Howe left Bournemouth midway through the following season, with his team lying 4th in League 1, despite having sold their top scorer from the previous season in the summer. Again, a pretty phenomenal achievement.

Burnley were lying 10th in the Championship when he joined them. They finished 8th that season, and 13th the following season.

He left Burnley a month or two into the following season, against the club's wishes, due to family reasons, his mum having passed away not long before, which may have had something to do with it. He re-joined Bournemouth who were still in League 1 but lay 16th in the table after 10 games. He immediately steered them to promotion to the Championship.

At this stage we can safely say he's a good manager.

The following season Bournemouth finished 10th in the Championship. He was named Manager of the Decade at the Football League Awards. No I've never heard of them either.

The following season he steered Bournemouth into the Premiership, where they've been for 3 years now. We shouldn't underestimate any of these achievements. They are truly spectacular. This is Bournemouth we're talking about. Tiny club, tiny resources, tiny ground, tiny gates.

They finished 16th in 15/16, 9th in 16/17, and are currently 11th in 17/18. He's 40.

Let me just repeat that for you. He's 40.

He's proven he can build teams, he's proven he can do it over a sustained period, he's proven he can get players to play above themselves, he's proven he can do it on a limited budget.

He's proven he can produce good footballing sides. Twice I've seen Bournemouth at the Bridge this season, twice they've played us off the park. They beat us 3-0 in the league but don't forget, although they lost in the last minute against us in the LC, they absolutely battered us in the second half of normal time.

He's no one-season wonder. He's learned his trade in the lower leagues, rising up through the leagues, and he's risen to the challenge every single time.

If anyone deserves a shot at a bigger club, he does. Bournemouth are a pure footballing side. They don't try and bully sides, they don't try and time waste, they don't harass referees. They've got where they are by playing good football. They are a credit to the PL. They don't bore the pants off everyone nor do they play kick and rush.

So here's the thing, I'm tired of narcisstic managers, I'm tired of egocentric managers, I'm tired of mercenary managers who are only looking out for themselves and who have a shelf life of maximum three years. Sorry but I'm f**king tired of them.

Look at Jose today, did anyone see his post-match interview, passing the buck, reminding us all countless times how many titles he's won, blaming the players and their poor attitude, saying they got carried away after last weekend. His multi-million pound side lost at home to the league's poorest side and he couldn't even accept a modicum of blame. His multi-million pound side play crap football and of course it's all everybody else's fault. Same with our manager. Passes the buck at every opportunity. Can't wait to get out, on to the next job for a multi-million pound deal. Throws his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get a superstar to fill every position. Sulks his way through an entire season. Is only concerned with his reputation and nothing else. Will happily throw his players under a bus.

Falling out with everybody, left right and centre.

Yes these managers might win you the title, because they're talented, because they're driven, because they're intense, but they haven't got the ability to do it over a sustained period of time, look at their records, it's three years maximum usually less, and I think the same is true of Guardiola. These are impact managers. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want a builder. Somebody who's in it for the long haul, somebody who will nurture youth, somebody with an eye on the bigger picture.

Somebody who has a dream for Chelsea and it involves staying beyond three years.

Howe? His record compares favourably to Pochettino's before he went to Tottenham. More than favourably. Pochettino had done very little before he went to Tottenham. Pochettino has a true connection to Tottenham because they gave him a chance. Our appointments only have a true connection to their wallet, and to their reflection in the mirror.

Wenger spent ten years managing in France, where his only honours were a solitary title and a solitary cup. He was managing in Japan when Arsenal appointed him.

Howe's record compares favourably to Allegri's before he went to Milan, compares favourably to Conte's before he went to Juve, and on and on. There's no guarantee of course he can dine at the very top table and win titles but he's earned his chance to have a shot, and wouldn't it be nice to unearth a gem who becomes identifiable with Chelsea rather than hire another big name on huge wages who's only really here for the short-term, and for the money of course, and for the "experience".

Yes, if we hired Allegri or Jardim I'd be happy, because they're clearly good managers who tick a lot of boxes for me, far more than Enrique, the thought of whom just leaves me cold. However I'd also be delighted if we signed Howe, because we'd be going for promise over guarantees, and we'd be going for somebody who won't sell this club down the river and who will build for the future, and who might really build a relationship with the club, and a meaningful legacy. A risk perhaps but one I'd be very happy to take, because it would signal a change of direction for our club, a change of mindset, and possibly a more long-term strategy. 

When people think Pochettino they think Tottenham. When people think our managers they think any raft of clubs. None of our managers are particularly synonymous with Chelsea. Wouldn't it be nice if that changed? Wouldn't it be nice if we found our own man and took a punt on him and refused to sack him at the first hint of a crisis? No, it ain't going to happen, Eddie Howe is not going to be our next manager, we'll get somebody with better credentials, somebody more proven, somebody more expensive, but if it did happen, I wouldn't be complaining one bit, in fact I'd see it as a positive step, and it would make me feel a bit better about supporting Chelsea.