Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
driller97

Milan Skriniar

Recommended Posts

Top quality CB and in my eyes one of the best in the world. Valued at around 74m, which I think is a bargain if Maguire is 80m.

Not sure why we aren't trying to go after him, it seems Man City are in the front running which is a massive shame as we need someone like him to massively bolster our defence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can dream but this is the sort of transfer we haven't pulled off in ten years. It's not our style now. 

Also Conte would never let him leave Inter. He is building a Scudetto winning squad and Skriniar is a huge part of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

We can dream but this is the sort of transfer we haven't pulled off in ten years. It's not our style now. 

Also Conte would never let him leave Inter. He is building a Scudetto winning squad and Skriniar is a huge part of that.

We do actually have a couple of players that Conte allegedly wants (in Moses and Alonso) so you never know some sort of swap deal plus cash might get done ?

And maybe Marina can persuade him to take Bakayoko as well LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

We do actually have a couple of players that Conte allegedly wants (in Moses and Alonso) so you never know some sort of swap deal plus cash might get done ?

And maybe Marina can persuade him to take Bakayoko as well LOL

Marotta is the best operator in the transfer market in Europe. He'll get Moses and Alonso for virtually nothing and tell Marina where to go on Skriniar and Bakayoko.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Marotta is the best operator in the transfer market in Europe. He'll get Moses and Alonso for virtually nothing and tell Marina where to go on Skriniar and Bakayoko.

Yeah, marina never gets a good deal does she. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dkw said:

Yeah, marina never gets a good deal does she. 

Great when she sells. Not so good when she buys.

The thing with Marotta is that he is the king of the cheap transfer either free or 12 months left. He built the Juve team up from nothing and looks to be doing the same at Inter. 

Either way doesn't matter how good a negotiator either is. Skriniar won't be leaving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Great when she sells. Not so good when she buys.

The thing with Marotta is that he is the king of the cheap transfer either free or 12 months left. He built the Juve team up from nothing and looks to be doing the same at Inter. 

Either way doesn't matter how good a negotiator either is. Skriniar won't be leaving. 

She literally just got Ziyech for less than £40m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marina also got Barkley for a song. Barely under lampard is gradually turning into a pretty good player. Pulisic would also have been a decent buy bar the injuries. Morata arguably the biggest mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ozboy said:

Marina also got Barkley for a song. Barely under lampard is gradually turning into a pretty good player. Pulisic would also have been a decent buy bar the injuries. Morata arguably the biggest mistake. 

As much as I like to blame our board/Marina for poor transfer business over the last few years, the Morata deal was probably the best we could do under the circumstances. Costa was leaving and it was a choice between Morata and Lukaku because no other big name strikers were available at the time. MU snatched Lukaku (who I didn't want either, btw) and we were left with the Spaniard. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but who knew he'd turn out to be a gutless moanbag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abramovich said:

As much as I like to blame our board/Marina for poor transfer business over the last few years, the Morata deal was probably the best we could do under the circumstances. Costa was leaving and it was a choice between Morata and Lukaku because no other big name strikers were available at the time. MU snatched Lukaku (who I didn't want either, btw) and we were left with the Spaniard. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but who knew he'd turn out to be a gutless moanbag?

Lukaku would've been just as sh*t here I think, it was out of those two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, abramovich said:

As much as I like to blame our board/Marina for poor transfer business over the last few years, the Morata deal was probably the best we could do under the circumstances. Costa was leaving and it was a choice between Morata and Lukaku because no other big name strikers were available at the time. MU snatched Lukaku (who I didn't want either, btw) and we were left with the Spaniard. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but who knew he'd turn out to be a gutless moanbag?

I'd rather Morata. Lukaku is a waste of space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's so great about this guy anyway ?

I know stats are stats, and no substitute for watching actual games, but this guy is bang average on Whoscored in his whole career save for 2017/18 season. Conte reckons he's replaceable ?

image.png.431fdd4983719020b9ca3f122be77576.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He'd be a significant upgrade over Christensen/Rudiger, but potentially a downgrade over Zouma. Sign Ben White to replace Christensen and Javi Martinez to replace Rudiger and we'll have solid defensive options next season.

Edited by the special one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2020 at 17:29, Sexyfootball said:

So what's so great about this guy anyway ?

I know stats are stats, and no substitute for watching actual games, but this guy is bang average on Whoscored in his whole career save for 2017/18 season. Conte reckons he's replaceable ?

image.png.431fdd4983719020b9ca3f122be77576.png

 

 

 

Stats aren't it all as he's been playing in a back 3 for a while, and the other 2 CB's get all the glory for it.

He's easily a huge upgrade on any of our current CB's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 18/07/2020 at 19:29, Sexyfootball said:

So what's so great about this guy anyway ?

I know stats are stats, and no substitute for watching actual games, but this guy is bang average on Whoscored in his whole career save for 2017/18 season. Conte reckons he's replaceable ?

image.png.431fdd4983719020b9ca3f122be77576.png

 

 

 

He is a good CB without a doubt, physically strong and reads the game well, also very confident on the ball. But in my opinion he is a bit overrated.

I watched him many times this season, and he is too slow and sometimes commits too many fouls in dangerous areas. If it wasn't for de Vrij and Godin/Bastoni he wouldn't seem that good on the pitch.

He is obviously better compared to Zouma and Christensen whose mistakes have cost us many points this season, but I think he's no better than Rudiger. They are about the same level, maybe Rudiger is even slightly better. Although he is not in great form at the moment, he is still by far our best CB.

My point is that Skriniar is absolutely not worth the money. For 80 million euros we can sign two decent players...Bastoni would be an amazing signing but I definitely can't see Inter selling him.

Edited by wizardous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...