Sign in to follow this  
driller97

Milan Skriniar

Top quality CB and in my eyes one of the best in the world. Valued at around 74m, which I think is a bargain if Maguire is 80m.

Not sure why we aren't trying to go after him, it seems Man City are in the front running which is a massive shame as we need someone like him to massively bolster our defence

We can dream but this is the sort of transfer we haven't pulled off in ten years. It's not our style now. 

Also Conte would never let him leave Inter. He is building a Scudetto winning squad and Skriniar is a huge part of that.

23 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

We can dream but this is the sort of transfer we haven't pulled off in ten years. It's not our style now. 

Also Conte would never let him leave Inter. He is building a Scudetto winning squad and Skriniar is a huge part of that.

We do actually have a couple of players that Conte allegedly wants (in Moses and Alonso) so you never know some sort of swap deal plus cash might get done ?

And maybe Marina can persuade him to take Bakayoko as well LOL

10 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

We do actually have a couple of players that Conte allegedly wants (in Moses and Alonso) so you never know some sort of swap deal plus cash might get done ?

And maybe Marina can persuade him to take Bakayoko as well LOL

Marotta is the best operator in the transfer market in Europe. He'll get Moses and Alonso for virtually nothing and tell Marina where to go on Skriniar and Bakayoko.

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Marotta is the best operator in the transfer market in Europe. He'll get Moses and Alonso for virtually nothing and tell Marina where to go on Skriniar and Bakayoko.

Yeah, marina never gets a good deal does she. 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Yeah, marina never gets a good deal does she. 

Great when she sells. Not so good when she buys.

The thing with Marotta is that he is the king of the cheap transfer either free or 12 months left. He built the Juve team up from nothing and looks to be doing the same at Inter. 

Either way doesn't matter how good a negotiator either is. Skriniar won't be leaving. 

23 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Great when she sells. Not so good when she buys.

The thing with Marotta is that he is the king of the cheap transfer either free or 12 months left. He built the Juve team up from nothing and looks to be doing the same at Inter. 

Either way doesn't matter how good a negotiator either is. Skriniar won't be leaving. 

She literally just got Ziyech for less than £40m.

Marina also got Barkley for a song. Barely under lampard is gradually turning into a pretty good player. Pulisic would also have been a decent buy bar the injuries. Morata arguably the biggest mistake. 

11 hours ago, ozboy said:

Marina also got Barkley for a song. Barely under lampard is gradually turning into a pretty good player. Pulisic would also have been a decent buy bar the injuries. Morata arguably the biggest mistake. 

As much as I like to blame our board/Marina for poor transfer business over the last few years, the Morata deal was probably the best we could do under the circumstances. Costa was leaving and it was a choice between Morata and Lukaku because no other big name strikers were available at the time. MU snatched Lukaku (who I didn't want either, btw) and we were left with the Spaniard. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but who knew he'd turn out to be a gutless moanbag?

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

As much as I like to blame our board/Marina for poor transfer business over the last few years, the Morata deal was probably the best we could do under the circumstances. Costa was leaving and it was a choice between Morata and Lukaku because no other big name strikers were available at the time. MU snatched Lukaku (who I didn't want either, btw) and we were left with the Spaniard. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, but who knew he'd turn out to be a gutless moanbag?

Lukaku would've been just as sh*t here I think, it was out of those two. 

8 hours ago, abramovich said:

I'd rather Morata. Lukaku is a waste of space.

So what's so great about this guy anyway ?

I know stats are stats, and no substitute for watching actual games, but this guy is bang average on Whoscored in his whole career save for 2017/18 season. Conte reckons he's replaceable ?

image.png.431fdd4983719020b9ca3f122be77576.png

Posted (edited)

He'd be a significant upgrade over Christensen/Rudiger, but potentially a downgrade over Zouma. Sign Ben White to replace Christensen and Javi Martinez to replace Rudiger and we'll have solid defensive options next season.

Edited by the special one

On 18/07/2020 at 17:29, Sexyfootball said:

I know stats are stats, and no substitute for watching actual games, but this guy is bang average on Whoscored in his whole career save for 2017/18 season. Conte reckons he's replaceable ?

Stats aren't it all as he's been playing in a back 3 for a while, and the other 2 CB's get all the glory for it.

He's easily a huge upgrade on any of our current CB's

Posted (edited)
On 18/07/2020 at 19:29, Sexyfootball said:

He is a good CB without a doubt, physically strong and reads the game well, also very confident on the ball. But in my opinion he is a bit overrated.

I watched him many times this season, and he is too slow and sometimes commits too many fouls in dangerous areas. If it wasn't for de Vrij and Godin/Bastoni he wouldn't seem that good on the pitch.

He is obviously better compared to Zouma and Christensen whose mistakes have cost us many points this season, but I think he's no better than Rudiger. They are about the same level, maybe Rudiger is even slightly better. Although he is not in great form at the moment, he is still by far our best CB.

My point is that Skriniar is absolutely not worth the money. For 80 million euros we can sign two decent players...Bastoni would be an amazing signing but I definitely can't see Inter selling him.

Edited by wizardous