So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

6 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

And without Jesus during that hectic period. Collapse is also a funny term to use. They played 14 and won 9 without Saliba.

If that’s collapse what’s our situation? 

For me, it seemed like he’s completely lost his bottle the moment Nkunku went down. No plan B or ability to adapt that leads to anything sustainable or a style of play. He went from saying we should challenge for the league in August to now saying this is the new Chelsea. 

I said coaching was going to be crucial during this period and so far we are going backwards again. 

😅😅 if you understand how arsenal play, Jesus is not that important. Saliba on the other hand is everything. I want to see what happen to arse if they lose saka n Saliba for 6 months. 

Under TT we lost silva for extended period of time. There was 0 drop off. But when we lost Chilwell and James, everything collapsed. 

Edited by Bob stark

It's the holiday season, let's not get too deep into Chelsea and ruin the much earned holidays 😅 At the end of the day, it's the quality of the players that decide most of the games. Despite our outlandish spending, we haven't really got players who could score, and keep cleansheets. When you don't score and concede around 2 goals a game, you aren't going to get results. On top of that, we never have the best 11 on the field, basically half of the team sitting out for most games, so not a lot a manager could do about that. Get some quality players and keep most of them fit, then we could look into whether the underlying problem is Poch. Given where we are, I reckon an immediate sacking would do more damage to Chelsea than Poch right now.

22 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Is he bringing Lukaku back with him ? LOL

Yes , we actually only need 2 person to compete for title

1. Jose Mourinho

2. Romelu Lukaku

Both will fix our biggest problem

We can't defend, mourinho will fix it

We created many chances but nobody finished it , Lukaku will fix it

Mourinho will get the best out of Lukaku like he always did 

Before anyone of you said Lukaku was a flop , we finished 3rd in the league when he was here

12th without and remain sh*t till today, you have to be extra thick if you think he was ever a problem. 

Edited by Wonmin

1 hour ago, Wonmin said:

Yes , we actually only need 2 person to compete for title

1. Jose Mourinho

2. Romelu Lukaku

Both will fix our biggest problem

We can't defend, mourinho will fix it

We created many chances but nobody finished it , Lukaku will fix it

Mourinho will get the best out of Lukaku like he always did 

Before anyone of you said Lukaku was a flop , we finished 3rd in the league when he was here

12th without and remain sh*t till today, you have to be extra thick if you think he was ever a problem. 

Conte is the only manager to get anything out of Lukaku and then only in Italy and with Hakimi supplying. 
Mourinho isn’t happening. 
the players  do have talent probably not enough but better than what is being showed. 
The right manager would certainly get far more of a tune certainly in defence. Every single outfield player except Silva has to play in more than one position. How can the team settle?. 

52 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Conte is the only manager to get anything out of Lukaku and then only in Italy and with Hakimi supplying. 
Mourinho isn’t happening. 
the players  do have talent probably not enough but better than what is being showed. 
The right manager would certainly get far more of a tune certainly in defence. Every single outfield player except Silva has to play in more than one position. How can the team settle?. 

He played in worse team than inter and arrived 1 month late after the season began ,missed the first 6-7 games for roma

Edited by Wonmin

31 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

That Jose boat has sailed a long time ago, there are good reasons why he spent 2 seasons at Roma and no big clubs made a move for him. It's Christmas time, debating about Lukaku be way too depressing 😁

You talk as if we are still a big club ?

21 minutes ago, just said:

No one is interested what he does in Serie Ha, Ha, Ha fella.

TBH none of us are interested what he does anywhere.

He is still Chelsea player as per today and if nobody paid £40m he will still be Chelsea player

We are so sh*t nowadays, we shouldn't have anymore ego. Poch should have retain him when we desperately need a number 9

Edited by Wonmin

It's on the ownership. Why the hell did they make the bizarre decision to sack Tuchel?

They then bring Potter in, dump a load of new players on him and get rid of him too. Then the Lampard debacle. And now Poch after his failure to get a tune out of Messi and Mbappe.

All this crap about Poch developing young players - load of bullsh*t. He had Harry Kane in his squad and Kane's improvement had sweet f*ck all to do with Poch. Which other players did he develop exactly?

Edited by Gonoir Beniashile

14 hours ago, Bob stark said:

😅😅 if you understand how arsenal play, Jesus is not that important. Saliba on the other hand is everything. I want to see what happen to arse if they lose saka n Saliba for 6 months. 

Under TT we lost silva for extended period of time. There was 0 drop off. But when we lost Chilwell and James, everything collapsed. 

Tuchel managed to still solidify 3rd without Chilwell and James for the 2nd half of the season and Arsenal managed 9 wins, 2 draws in 14 matches without Saliba. This is what smart managers do. Adapt. 

Where can we get some of that "collapse" you keep speaking of? We could sure use some of it...

3 hours ago, Gonoir Beniashile said:

It's on the ownership. Why the hell did they make the bizarre decision to sack Tuchel?

They then bring Potter in, dump a load of new players on him and get rid of him too. Then the Lampard debacle. And now Poch after his failure to get a tune out of Messi and Mbappe.

All this crap about Poch developing young players - load of bullsh*t. He had Harry Kane in his squad and Kane's improvement had sweet f*ck all to do with Poch. Which other players did he develop exactly?

Who developed Harry Kane if it wasn't Pochettino then? Nobody knew who Kane was before Pochettino gave him a chance. Many thought it was a gamble also because he didn't exactly set the world on fire during his previous loans. 

He also made Dele Ali look world class who's an absolute dud of a player.

Levy got the Gareth Bale money and wasted it on loads of sh*te players, Poch came in and got them performing.

Signed Ali, Dier, Alderweireld, Trippier, and Son for absolute bargains and got them consistently into the top 4 every season. You're mental if you think he did f**k all in that team. 

2 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Who developed Harry Kane if it wasn't Pochettino then? Nobody knew who Kane was before Pochettino gave him a chance. Many thought it was a gamble also because he didn't exactly set the world on fire during his previous loans. 

He also made Dele Ali look world class who's an absolute dud of a player.

Levy got the Gareth Bale money and wasted it on loads of sh*te players, Poch came in and got them performing.

Signed Ali, Dier, Alderweireld, Trippier, and Son for absolute bargains and got them consistently into the top 4 every season. You're mental if you think he did f**k all in that team. 

Which makes it all the more frustrating why we are doing so poorly. Poch isn't some Premier League noob and not one player bar Gallagher is developing to the point we can say they are progressing. 

Premier League now has changed a lot these past few years. So far it looks like he hasn't adapted. 

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Which makes it all the more frustrating why we are doing so poorly. Poch isn't some Premier League noob and not one player bar Gallagher is developing to the point we can say they are progressing. 

Premier League now has changed a lot these past few years. So far it looks like he hasn't adapted. 

It's been poor, I won't lie about that, but there's no need to rewrite history either. 

But if we put it all into perspective, how much time has he even had? Barely half a season yet. 

1 minute ago, Victor90 said:

It's been poor, I won't lie about that, but there's no need to rewrite history either. 

But if we put it all into perspective, how much time has he even had? Barely half a season yet. 

6 months. 

You can either see it as not enough time to do anything or more than enough time to at least see a style of play. What's evident is that he needs to be doing better. 

2 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

6 months. 

You can either see it as not enough time to do anything or more than enough time to at least see a style of play. What's evident is that he needs to be doing better. 

He does yes, but I don't think we're in a good position to be pulling the plug just yet, and I don't think it's something we should do anyway. 

At the very least he should see the season out, I think we should give him the full contract as I don't see any good alternative, and the Jose comments are laughable. 

I'll only agree to pulling the plug if we're in serious danger of relegation. 

To be fair to Poch he's counting on those clear-cut chances that we're missing.

It's a double-edged sword as we play an open game but he probably can't get that attack to have better chances than those ones we missed.

Sterling is slowing us down:

image.gif.dc972e4cfeb315b16f34b959b0d79dae.gif

Wolves are all over the place, we play fast and decisive and then Sterling wants to beat 2 players and score, similarly he wanted to score when he could have just passed. So the irony is that while Poch probably expects the younger players to be inconsistent, it's the former Golden Boy and 4xPL champion that is letting him down.

5 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

6 months. 

Isn’t there an argument to be made that we would be much higher up the table if we didn’t have so many players out injured. You look at the table, and the clubs high up with consistent results are the ones with little injuries (ie Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa & Spurs). City have struggled without Halaand & De Bruyne, Man Utd have I think 10 players out, Newcastle have struggled with the demands of Europe and have 9 players out, and Brighton also have 8 players out.

I think there is a correlation between injuries and current standings in the league.

6 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

He does yes, but I don't think we're in a good position to be pulling the plug just yet, and I don't think it's something we should do anyway. 

At the very least he should see the season out, I think we should give him the full contract as I don't see any good alternative, and the Jose comments are laughable. 

8 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Well said.

I think at some point something will give and it will be another manager, you can’t spend that much money and be near to the relegation zone than top 4. He shouldn’t be sacked but ultimately he will be because of Ted lasso and his wisemen. 
The reality will set in when a new manager has the exact same problems and we keep sliding down the league.