So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Victor90 said:

Who developed Harry Kane if it wasn't Pochettino then? Nobody knew who Kane was before Pochettino gave him a chance.

Harry Kane developed Harry Kane. He scored 30 goals in his first full Prem season at the age of 21. Do you think he was a dud before Poch waived his magic coaching wand?

Dele Ali was already on the wane before Poch left due to his mental health issues.

7 minutes ago, Gonoir Beniashile said:

Harry Kane developed Harry Kane. He scored 30 goals in his first full Prem season at the age of 21. Do you think he was a dud before Poch waived his magic coaching wand?

Dele Ali was already on the wane before Poch left due to his mental health issues.

I remember seeing some of Harry Kane's first appearances in Poch's first season at Spurs. He looked very raw, and got a bit of luck with a couple of his early goals if I remember correctly (deflections etc). But once he scored a couple he never really looked back and that coincided with the turnaround in Poch' time there. Up until Kane started scoring Poch's record looked very similar to what we have seen this season so far. Hopefully Nkunku's return can provide a similar spark for our team this season, but I suspect it will take him a bit of time to reach his full form after injury. Arguably most important thing will be for Nkunku to staty fit and not get re-injured.

13 minutes ago, Gonoir Beniashile said:

Agreed.. my two decades of watching football passionately actually tells me that first team coaches have very little to do with player development other than giving them playing time and building mental strength..

most of the development happens in the academy.. players can improve on game awareness and by improving mental aspects improve decision making but I think we lay far too much emphasis on first team Coaches developing players.. for every foden pep also has his share of sane / Torres / Nigerian forward (I forget his name) .. etc 

at this point the players who I believe have a higher bar in this lot are Mudryk the two midfielders .. Badiashille… Gusto.. rest looks like will be average players  .. Kane was hardly setting the world on fire and was really brought into the team after they suffered 2/3 injuries and weren’t really challenging 

48 minutes ago, Gonoir Beniashile said:

Alright just ignore what Harry Kane himself has said about Pochettino massively improving his game and Poch saying he had many meetings with him to build on his confidence early in his career that impacted his consistency.

If that's not developing a player then what is? Messi developed Messi, Ronaldo developed Ronaldo, managers did f**k all it was going to happen anyway, yada yada. 

47 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Alright just ignore what Harry Kane himself has said about Pochettino massively improving his game and Poch saying he had many meetings with him to build on his confidence early in his career that impacted his consistency.

If that's not developing a player then what is? Messi developed Messi, Ronaldo developed Ronaldo, managers did f**k all it was going to happen anyway, yada yada. 

I mean don’t you know fan’s know more than managers and players even if the players themselves tells you who helped them fans know more!!

1 hour ago, Victor90 said:

If reports be true growth hormone injections developed Messi apparently 

At least Poch is aiming high, blind faith or not. The amount of absence due to injuries and unnecessary yellow cards are just ridiculous. It's not like we are engaged in a lot of physical battles, we usually back away when there are high balls to be contested or tackles to be made 🤔

I’ve lost any hope / belief in Pochettino, I don’t think he is the right man. We struggled every game this season even the ones we won, I don’t remember any convincing wins and it’s nearly January FFS.

Taking us that long to score against 9 men with extremely high line was really embarassing, then there’s the Man Utd game.

IMO the sooner he goes the better.

10 hours ago, JM7 said:

13 players out for the game vs Brighton. Madness. Plenty of managers are/will struggle.  He’s got no chance of succeeding with that level of disruption. 

Yeah the injuries have been rough. Also losing Kante has been massive too. I don't think people realise how big Kante not being the heartbeat of our midfield any longer, is. Or Reece James and Chillwell being injured and not performing how they were when Tuchel was here. Even Tuchel would have struggled in this situation. 

40 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I’ve lost any hope / belief in Pochettino, I don’t think he is the right man. We struggled every game this season even the ones we won, I don’t remember any convincing wins and it’s nearly January FFS.

Taking us that long to score against 9 men with extremely high line was really embarassing, then there’s the Man Utd game.

You think Poch going will automatically mean Sterling makes a simple pass to his teammates? Or 36 big chances aren't missed by the players on the pitch? Have we not been missing chances constantly since Conte was here? The issues are deeper than Poch. It's not just the coach.

The structure of the club has changed massively. We now have a team of less experienced players. Problems were here under Roman but many people were blinded to it, yet we finished 20 pts off the title and scraped by top four a couple times in recent seasons. 20pts with added club restructuring now taken into account, it's going to be tough for another 1-2 seasons. 

Edited by enigma

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Regarless of if people think he is right or not, there is only 1 question to ask;

Is there a manager in world football, that is even close to being at a level to compete, that would take on the mess that we have got ourselves in?

The answer is no.

It really doesn't matter if you have hope or belief in Poch, hes going to be here through the end of the season. He isn't at fault for where we are, but he isn't blameless either. We'll give him another £100m in January, probably make some questionable decisions on players to leave and come in and then sit and hope our sh*t comes together enough to move up the table a bit. There are a lot of bad and inconsistent teams above us. We aren't currently capabale of a decent run of form, but if we were, we'd be 6th before you knew it.

5 minutes ago, Niall1905 said:

We aren't currently capabale of a decent run of form, but if we were, we'd be 6th before you knew it.

Perhaps but that outside chance is slipping away fast. As a matter of fact the Luton game in three days turns into a bit of a relegation six-pointer if we fail to win today. A loss/draw today and away to Luton and we'd be four points above relegation going into the new year. That's a really uncomfortable situation.

Even if we somehow won three in a row (and we really should against Palace, Luton, Fulham) we would only climb to about 9th and after the next 3 games the really hard fixtures will start to come up thick and fast again which in all likelihood will drop us down the table again. 

38 minutes ago, olderschoolcfc said:

Wait until the end of the season and bring in Luton's manager, that way we can beat them in the championship. that or we bring in a manager who is capable of bringing teams up from the championship, Steve coopers available. 

Be careful what you wish for.

3 hours ago, enigma said:

You think Poch going will automatically mean Sterling makes a simple pass to his teammates? Or 36 big chances aren't missed by the players on the pitch? Have we not been missing chances constantly since Conte was here? The issues are deeper than Poch. It's not just the coach.

The structure of the club has changed massively. We now have a team of less experienced players. Problems were here under Roman but many people were blinded to it, yet we finished 20 pts off the title and scraped by top four a couple times in recent seasons. 20pts with added club restructuring now taken into account, it's going to be tough for another 1-2 seasons. 

I agree - but would actually go further. I put out there that poch has us creating far more chances than we have at any other point over the last few seasons. We have regularly complained about not creating enough - only a couple of half chances per game. Well - that feels a thing of the past. We actually are creating a lot more - and that should be held up as progression and a small win.

I have said, since Potter was here, that we need to take the small wins and be patient.  For me, the fact that we are now creating genuine, clear cut chances, is a massive positive and progression since the days of Tuchel - when we struggled to create anything. Of course, we have not yet seen that translated into goals or points, but we should still recognise and celebrate the small progressions.