The Frank Lampard goal scoring record thread

Zola

So yeah, 15 to go.

What a bloody legend.

There is no midfielder like him, and there will be no midfielder like him.

Mr. 20 a season for a decade, we love you.

If Hazard continues the way he started for us and keeps getting fouled in the opposition box, Frank has nothing to worry about as he'll probably get the 15 goals within the next few months. :smile:

I can't wait to see Lamps being our all time leading goal scorer, what a f**king legend and a true gentleman.

Edited by Amputechture

Do people think he will do it ? Im not convinced, i agree that it may need to take another season which means he will need a contract extension.

Either way, just to be having tihs conversation , about a midfielder becoming our all time top scorer is amazing such a feat by Frank. Such a great player for us.

Do people think he will do it ?

All depends how many penalties we get as to be fair, Lamps goals from open play are few and far between these days.

But whether he breaks it or not, I can't see another midfield player ever coming close to his record so it will still be an unbelievable acheivment.

Do people think he will do it ? Im not convinced, i agree that it may need to take another season which means he will need a contract extension.

Either way, just to be having tihs conversation , about a midfielder becoming our all time top scorer is amazing such a feat by Frank. Such a great player for us.

I think its beyond amazing that a midfielder can score that many goals, I would be surprised if any other top level team has a midfielder in their top 5 goal scorers let alone top.

All depends how many penalties we get as to be fair, Lamps goals from open play are few and far between these days.

But whether he breaks it or not, I can't see another midfield player ever coming close to his record so it will still be an unbelievable acheivment.

Seems that way, but mainly because he is sitting deeper and rarely makes that burst into the area anymore for us, probably because of the change in his game. But for England the other night he was constantly in the are in those positions he has scored from over the years. So I`m not sure its because he cant do it anymore, more that he isnt being asked to.

I think its beyond amazing that a midfielder can score that many goals, I would be surprised if any other top level team has a midfielder in their top 5 goal scorers let alone top.

Amongst high level European clubs, I'm not sure you'll find anyone with a better goal scoring tally than Frank. It's a shame Zico only played for two years in Europe because there's no question he'd have put up crazy stats.

I know that Bayern München have a cadre of midfielders in their top 10. Mehmet Scholl narrow misses out on the top 5 at #6. Right behind him are Mätthaus and Breitner. Of course, we're talking about two all-time greats and a third player who was one of the best midfielders in Bundesliga history. That's elite company and, strictly quantitatively speaking, Frank tops them all.

5 penalties last season. 16 goals. Rather more weren't penalties than were.

Of course, based on this season so far, he will pass the record solely with penalties before christmas!