Leicester Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14/01 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, RMCM said:

Don't know how people don't rate Zouma on here. He was far and away our best centre back before that horrendous injury, people seem to forget so quickly. 

Absolutely!  His tackles and general covering were amazing.  Hope he gets back to his best soon.

6 minutes ago, RMCM said:

Don't know how people don't rate Zouma on here. He was far and away our best centre back before that horrendous injury, people seem to forget so quickly. 

Always happens.

Folk tend to have short memories when it comes to football.

42 minutes ago, RMCM said:

Last season? Technically true but that is liking to being the tallest man in a dwarf contest.

28 minutes ago, Argo said:

Last season? Technically true but that is liking to being the tallest man in a dwarf contest.

How very cynical. Some people have great difficulty praising our players don't they? Zouma was touted as the next big thing, he was nailed on to be going to the Euros with France as well before his injury. Did people watch him last season? His tackling, heading and covering were incredible. His positioning was a bit off sometimes but that's down to being a 21 year old centre back.

Overall we have a very solid side and hopefully the FA Cup gap gave Moses, Azpiluceuta, Luiz, Hazard, Diegoal and Alonso enough rest.  That said the most problematic position and one which Conte seems to not be sure of as well is that of Alonso,  Pedro played this against Peterborough and though he is a 9/10 in attack - defensively he lacks.  I also don't seem to know the best way to get the best out of this LWB position so I think for the moment it may be best to stick with Alonso there till a better option is found?  Leicester dont like playing tthe ball in midfield - they like a quick transition of a long ball to the attackers and we need a very alert defence to make sure we dont get caught out the same way city were.  

Courtois

Azpi Luiz   Cahill

Moses   Kante  Matic   Alonso

Willian   Diegoal  Hazard

I think Willian will start considering he played less minutes than Pedro all season and also with the way he played on his last 2 shows!  He has been brilliant in creating and finishing as well.  I am not saying Pedro has been bad - he has been equally good as well and the two to me are at par!

2-0 Chelsea!

Tibo

Zouma

Luiz

Cahill

Azpi

Kante

Cesc

Matic

Ake

Hazard

Costa

I really am in two minds about this line up as it is hard to pick between Pedro, willian and cesc. I just feel in this game we will get more possession and having cesc would therefore make more use of it. 

Zouma back in, Dave tested at wing back as we know he has a good cross and has the odd wonder strike in him. Ake in for Alonso who is carrying a knock and, since we recalled Ake he should get a chance. 

2 hours ago, RMCM said:

How very cynical. Some people have great difficulty praising our players don't they? Zouma was touted as the next big thing, he was nailed on to be going to the Euros with France as well before his injury. Did people watch him last season? His tackling, heading and covering were incredible. His positioning was a bit off sometimes but that's down to being a 21 year old centre back.

I dont have any difficulty, I say things how I see it (I said Cahill wasn't good enough before it was cool, I said Begovic wasn't all that when people thought he was capable of nicking Tibos spot), i like Zouma and he's a decent enough player but vastly overrated by Chelsea fans in general in my opinion as demonstrated by the amount of people that want to move Azpi to wing back as early as the next game to accommodate him.

27 minutes ago, Argo said:

I dont have any difficulty, I say things how I see it (I said Cahill wasn't good enough before it was cool, I said Begovic wasn't all that when people thought he was capable of nicking Tibos spot), i like Zouma and he's a decent enough player but vastly overrated by Chelsea fans in general in my opinion as demonstrated by the amount of people that want to move Azpi to wing back as early as the next game to accommodate him.

i know what you mean about Zouma but the kid has mad potential, compare zouma at his age to jt at his age and you get my drift. I believe fans love Zouma bcoz they see a potential Jt replacement. He obviously has mistakes in him like the missed interception that caused jt's red card, but if Conte can make a sh*tty gary cahill look world class and a crazy David Luiz to play like he is the composed centre back i am sure Conte can build Zouma into his Rock. Let us not forget that barzagli bonucci and chiellin were just regular defenders before conte midas touch especially chiellini who was an oversized fullback

i know what you mean about Zouma but the kid has mad potential, compare zouma at his age to jt at his age and you get my drift. I believe fans love Zouma bcoz they see a potential Jt replacement. He obviously has mistakes in him like the missed interception that caused jt's red card, but if Conte can make a sh*tty gary cahill look world class and a crazy David Luiz to play like he is the composed centre back i am sure Conte can build Zouma into his Rock. Let us not forget that barzagli bonucci and chiellin were just regular defenders before conte midas touch especially chiellini who was an oversized fullback

Sorry bro but I can't see Zouma playing regularly for us in the next two seasons. I don't think he has the potential to be a world class defender. I know he is very good with tackles and fast. But common, come to Africa here, you will see lots of defenders like Zouma with great tackles but aren't technical.

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

Sorry bro but I can't see Zouma playing regularly for us in the next two seasons. I don't think he has the potential to be a world class defender. I know he is very good with tackles and fast. But common, come to Africa here, you will see lots of defenders like Zouma with great tackles but aren't technical.

Very true bro... but if you remember a certain African DROGBA was terrible technically when he first joined us , couldnt control the ball and was technically deficient but with hardwork he grew into a legend. Obviously zouma is still young but with Contes coaching anything is possible. I mean if Cahill can play the way he is playing now even though we all he is our worst defender then imagine Zouma after being tactically and technically drilled by conte

I a not a fan of staring Zouma, this game. His performance against Petersboro was not a MoM performance - Sure him playing along with a slower Terry and Ivanovic might have made the whole line seem weaker but i did not see anything exceptional. I would prefer we ease in Zouma as a sub after we get the lead or bring him against weaker opponents to start off.

The Tottenham game was a collectively subpar game by us. I know some here want Azpilicuetta moved from a CB to a winger after the defeat but I think that we should not do it. We need to stick with the same formation and have the boys be more focused. 

This is a must win game for us and we need to start our regular 11 who are very comfortable with each other. 

Very true bro... but if you remember a certain African DROGBA was terrible technically when he first joined us , couldnt control the ball and was technically deficient but with hardwork he grew into a legend. Obviously zouma is still young but with Contes coaching anything is possible. I mean if Cahill can play the way he is playing now even though we all he is our worst defender then imagine Zouma after being tactically and technically drilled by conte

I will like him to prove me as that will save us some money, but I can't just see it happening.
Time will tell, so let's wait and see.

I a not a fan of staring Zouma, this game. His performance against Petersboro was not a MoM performance - Sure him playing along with a slower Terry and Ivanovic might have made the whole line seem weaker but i did not see anything exceptional. I would prefer we ease in Zouma as a sub after we get the lead or bring him against weaker opponents to start off.
The Tottenham game was a collectively subpar game by us. I know some here want Azpilicuetta moved from a CB to a winger after the defeat but I think that we should not do it. We need to stick with the same formation and have the boys be more focused. 
This is a must win game for us and we need to start our regular 11 who are very comfortable with each other. 

I think those who want Cesar at RWB are confused! They dont actually know what they want.
They need to go back and watch us against West Ham in the League cup before telling where Cesar should play.

15 hours ago, wallosh said:

I think we all remember Djilobodji-Gate. I'll pass on your offer.

Zouma is very similar to young Chiellini, tall, powerful and good in the tackle, but lacks the technical nuances. You don't have to be super technical to be a great centre back if your partner, or partners in a back 3 can make up for it.

1 hour ago, RMCM said:

I think we all remember Djilobodji-Gate. I'll pass on your offer.

Zouma is very similar to young Chiellini, tall, powerful and good in the tackle, but lacks the technical nuances. You don't have to be super technical to be a great centre back if your partner, or partners in a back 3 can make up for it.

You don't have to be super technical, but you at least need to be decent. If he even had Cahill's level, which as we all know is far from great, I'd rate him very highly, because of his other attributes, but he's just so clumsy on the ball. And in a philosophy that relies on playing out from the back, a cb with his technical ability is a liability, no matter how good his partners are. Under Mourinho he would have been fine, but under Conte imo he either has to improve drastically, or he won't have a future.

As for Chiellini, I don't know about how comfortable he was on the ball in his younger years, but right now he's ages better than Zouma.

Also why would people start him in this match? He didn't play particularly well in the FA-Cup, which is understandable as it was his first game in 11 months, whereas all of Azpi, Luiz and Cahill have performed at a high level so far this season. Also I think Moses offers a lot more at WB than Cesar.

This forum has got some very knowledgable posters but it is also plagued by idiots who know as much about football as my dog.Their opinions are cringeworthy.Sorry to speak out but i find myself coming on here less and less because of it.Kurt Zouma is coming back from a serious injury and is working his way back to his best.He is a marvellous prospect so get off his back please.Just had to get that off my chest.....UP THE CHELS !