Everton Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 30/04 2017 KO 14:05 GMT

53 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I bet we see a red card in the game after Sam called out Moss on being a bit of a coward not handing out a Red to Wanyama last night

Never been a conspiracy theorist but it is funny how whenever we seem to be in a title race, we seem to get a lot of decisions against us. That was a pathetic decision last night from Moss who is without a shadow of a doubt, the worst ref in the PL.

Stoke's penalty against us was one of the softest I've seen in modern times, Palace with Townsend's handball on the line, Herrera's blatant handball that they score from.

Last season, I seem to remember us getting a lot of dubious decisions in our favour.

Anyways, back to the game. I think if we win this then it's all over. Keep Lukaku quiet and we can win although Everton's atmosphere is the best in the league, imo.

I'm dreading this game, Moss is the most inept ref in the league and that takes some going. Hes not fit enough to manage this game, hes going to utterly screw us over and let the home crowd get to him, I can see it now.

The only hope we have of negating Moss is to go out and score goals, something we dont really have an issue with, its the other end thats starting to cost us points this season, especailly in the run in.

I'd happily take a draw here in this game anyway but we've usually travelled well this season, which you can see in our record but Goodison is a ground with mixed results for us down the years.

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

On paper our most difficult remaining fixture. Win this and we move in to a really good position but everton are formidable at home so that is a huge ask. Fail to win and Spurs will be top when we kick off at home to boro, who are likely going to come fighting tooth and nail trying to stay in the league after their win over sunderland today. 

Gawd, Middlesboro were terrible though. A really scratchy win that was. Everton and West Brom, both away are tough on paper. I know Everton have been flying at home but, against West Ham, there were truly awful. Maybe they've subconsciously given up on Europe? West Brom have nothing to play for and could be vulnerable at home, losing there last two. Our three home games are against Middlesboro (not a matter of if we win but how many goals we score), Watford who are safe and were beaten 2-0 by ten man Hull last time and Sunderland, who are mentally destroyed and knew ages ago they were down. 9 points there.

Now Tottenham have Man. Utd. at home (a point a piece there) and Leicester away, a tricky match, the result of which depends if Leicester are absolutely safe by the time they meet. Personally, I don't see Spurs losing to West Ham, who sh*t bricks whoever they play at the Olympic Stadium and Arsenal, although Arsenal will be much more comfortable being the counter attacking team. Never that much between the teams, over the years at White Hart Lane.

really nervous about this game a win and the title will be ours , but a defeat or draw would be a nightmare with spurs continuing to win (8 in a row),surely they can not match us and win 13 on the trot 

Had this down as a loss in my prediction of results a few weeks ago, and still think we will lose. Our form at Goodison has been fairly bad, and it's a tough place to go.

Hopefully we take a point and Arsenal do something at WHL, then look forward to the home fixtures and see those out. However even if Spurs win comfortably Sunday but we manage to beat Everton, I'd say the title is as good as won. COYB!

7 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

I'm already getting butterflies about this one and it's only bloody Thursday.

Yeah exactly my thoughts lol. 

Those of you saying they would take a point that would only be useful if Spurs draw or lose but I think it is nailed on if we do not win they will. So a draw is no more valuable than a loss if we assume Spurs win all their remaining games. 

Given the amount of fear on here about moss I am now expecting at least one red card (most likely to matic or luiz) and one pen against us. Hopefully we are wrong on this one and he has a decent game... Too much to ask? 

Man for Man we are better or equal in every department & we have dismantled them already this season, if we perform anywhere near our standard we should come out comfortable winners.

Usually in these kind of games I like to look at opposition goalkeepers and see what sort of level are they performing and I don't rate Stekelenburg all that highly

Willian's last minute winner against Everton two seasons ago was brilliant, we need another one.

We have to improve our defensive tactic, we concede every game. 

--------------------- Courtois ----------------

--- Azpilicueta -- David Luiz -- Cahill --

Moses ------- Kante ---- Fabregas ---- Marcos Alonso

--------------- Willian --------- Hazard ----------------

-------------------- Diego Costa -------------------

Costa is coming after a very good game against Southampton, let's hope he will bring the same form against Everton as well.

A victory here and we're getting closer.

COME ON CHELS!!!!!

Edited by IliyaKrostin

This is the kind of game I'd go 3-5-2 for. Cesc is vital to us keeping the ball and knocking it around, not to mention his creativity from >50yards. Noboy else can match him in our team for springing the like of Cost and Hazard. If we deploy Cesc behind a free roaming Hazard and Costa up top with Alonso and Moses bombing up and down the flanks, I think we'll get joy agaisnt Everton. No team presses like Spurs, except maybe early season Liverpool so we'll probably have about 50% of the ball on Sunday we have to use it very wisely.

Man for man, its no contest between our two sides, not one player of theres gets into our starting XI, Lukaku maybe at a push when Diegos having an off day or month but a fully firing Costa trumps Lukaku all day, if we turn up and more importantly, Conte has the players in the right mindset, we'll win, it might not be pretty but I'm going with another Chelsea win here, 2-1. We just cant keep clean sheets at the moment which is my worry and you cant continue to give up a goal or two here and there and hope your attackers bail you out, I just hoepe Sunday isnt the day that we run out of luck in that regard.

2 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

Although the expected nervousness for Everton away, I am quietly confident of at least a draw. Saying that, to win I feel we will need to score 3 !!.

If Tottenham beat Arsenal, then a draw will be as bad as a loss. It would leave us 2 points ahead of Tottenham. Another draw and a Tottenham win in the next game would leave us 2nd on goal difference.

The only positive result against Everton will be a win.

Not necessarily Scott, we all seem to think this is our hardest match so if we were to draw and then win the remainder of our matches we are champions.

In fact we would not need to win all our remaining matches just win more than Spurs. It is going to be nail biting stuff now to the end of the season like watching England in the early stages of the WC aka the bare white knuckle ride.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

If Tottenham beat Arsenal, then a draw will be as bad as a loss. It would leave us 2 points ahead of Tottenham. Another draw and a Tottenham win in the next game would leave us 2nd on goal difference.

The only positive result against Everton will be a win.

Alternatively to "The only positive result against Everton will be a win.", a draw or loss at Everton and win the remaining 4 will see us as Champions.

This is a winnable game. Last time we performed well there we beat em 6-3, our last two results have been 4-2, so lets hope for an entertaining game with us getting a similar result, something in between maybe a 3-4 or 3-5 to us hehe. 

Uniteds draw this evening gives both them and Arsenal something to play for against Spurs.

I'll be surprised if Spurs beat united if there is something on the line.

It's spuds third game in a week as well as ours and their squad is thinner and L'arse good enough to make them work.

In short I'd rather be us than them, but still biting the nails.

I am ready for this one already my Chelsea mates. Oh, my gosh. Nervy already. Everton playing with zero to lose at home and chance to derail the mighty Chelsea. We struggle here as you all know. We have only won twice in our last eight trips to Goodison with five defeats and a draw. The wins being early in 2014-15 when Diego went wild and we won the 6-3 score fest, the other in 2012-13 in December 2-1, with Lampard scoring both.

Our shaky defence has me concerned with their openess going forward. Maybe we can simply outscore them 5-4. They will be even more motivated after we exposed them earlier this year at the Bridge.

This can be the key game for our title hunt. If the team shows up focused and brings pace, we can and should win. Just please tighten up at the back.

Only 59 hours from kickoff :wink:

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

I will add one more thing to my post above.

We are at a point in the season with so few matches remaining (5) and a four point lead, there is no need to care what Spurs do. Let it sink in. I know it is not easy to do, but focus on the Chelsea opponent and our performance, play well and pick up 12+ points and it is Chelsea Champions time!! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf: