PSG sale

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

There's a popular view in the media that due to the magnitude of the Neymar deal PSG will have to sell some of their players in order to balance the books and not get punished by UEFA. Whether it's true or not nobody knows but if it were, should we be interested? Among the possible departees are mentioned Lucas Moura, Blaise Matouidi, Serge Aurier, Hatem Ben-Arfa, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Angel Di Maria and Jesé.

Aurier is an obvious candidate since he's a top class RB but his character and past transgressions are making him a huge risk for any club. Moura is an exciting attacking talent albeit inconcistent, but would be a nice option to have. Matuidi is a workhorse but he's 30 already. Don't know much Krychowiak and Jesé. Di Maria is high maintenance and too flaky for my taste, although he does have moments of brilliance on occasion.

So, anybody catch your eye?

I'd take Aurier, if it doesn't work then sell him on. I think he's worth the gamble.
As for the others, Matouidi would be good, I know he still has a lot to improve but for shear depth he'd be a good addition, same with Krychowiak.
Di Maria is a no from me, we've already got enough in that position although it would be hilarious if we did get him then turn him into a superstar, something United couldn't do. 
Jese and Moura are alright but I wouldn't take them.
And Ben-Afra is just a diva, even more so than Aurier, give him 2 weeks break and he'll come back as a fat blob, no thanks. 

As a self proclaimed watcher of Ligue 1:

Aurier if he can sort his sh*t out and turn over a new leaf - fantastic engine, pace nad power plus depth in our most demanding position.

Lucas is garbage - all flash no substance.

Matuidi is horrendous and has bins for feet. Great engine though? Lol.

Veratti is class but leads a lifestyle that's not productive for a top player.

Ben Arfa did amazing for a season then joined PSG and went of a cliff.

Krychoviak would help us out and give us much needed depth, but there's better players out there.

Pastore is unlikely to leave but if he does I'd love to have him - barring his injury record he's quality.

That's all the players we could likely prise out of them. Not surprising they need to balance the books somehow.

Maybe so. Starts every game for psg and France for the past 4-5 seasons.  Scores more goals every season than any of fabregas, Kante or Matic despite being regarded as a defensive midfielder. I guess the game is pretty easy from the sidelines  

Im sure he has his limitations but he's plenty good enough, other than age (30) for Chelsea. 

16 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Maybe so. Starts every game for psg and France for the past 4-5 seasons.  Scores more goals every season than any of fabregas, Kante or Matic despite being regarded as a defensive midfielder. I guess the game is pretty easy from the sidelines  

Im sure he has his limitations but he's plenty good enough, other than age (30) for Chelsea. 

Totally agree. This assessment that he is essentially Ramires is silly. Thinking back on our matches against them in the CL he was central and he has been the same whenever I've watched France or PSG. 

Left-footed, experienced, good movement off the ball and scores goals. 

Ramires also scored goals and had an incredible stamina, I think the comparison is fairly spot on. Both great off the ball, excellent atheletes, hard workers, can pop up with a goal and they are both severly lacking any passing range and are extremely inconsistent. Wouldnt mind him, but have very few qualities we dont alteady have in Bakayoko and Kanté

Lucas wouldn't be useful in the Prem - all pace, no technical ability/strength

Matuidi is much superior to Ramires, in all ways - but I doubt he would be for sale

Krychowiak would be great for depth

Rest of them aren't very useful.

Proven that he isn't very good, just another Ramires.
Good enough for Juve apparently....

We were in for Krychowiak but apparently got all pissy because they were taking their time over Neymar rather than completing a deal with us, which sounds like somebody at our end was being a bit childish. FFS we were looking to buy a cast off and they were closing the deal for the world's most expensive player, have a little patience.

I'd love for us to put a bid in for Draxler, it would take some of the pressure off of Hazard.