Your least favourite defender?

mad_mac

Mmmm is it ok to say frank leboeuf ? dunno what it was but never had any trust for him as say marcel desailly

Are you being serious? I'm not very good at picking up internet sarcasm unless it's with a smiley (which I personally hardly ever use) or an outrageous statement.

Franck Leboeuf was brilliant for us, he and Desailly were a great pairing.

Mmmm is it ok to say frank leboeuf ? dunno what it was but never had any trust for him as say marcel desailly

what? he was a part of one of the best partnerships weve ever had. i dont know where you get that from. for me its either Bernard Lambourde or winston bogarde, though im not sure he should count as a player for us. and an honourable mention for Graham Wilkins, who surely only got a game because his brother made sure he did.

Khalid Boulahrouz? Asier Del Horno.

No to both of your choices. They were mishandled by Mourinho, in my humble opinion. Also, that fantastic performance of Boulahrouz against Ronaldinho when he was at the top of his game merits him a lot of credit. Del Horno was horribly handled by Mourinho (the so-called great one?), and was a great crosser of the ball.

No to both of your choices. They were mishandled by Mourinho, in my humble opinion. Also, that fantastic performance of Boulahrouz against Ronaldinho when he was at the top of his game merits him a lot of credit. Del Horno was horribly handled by Mourinho (the so-called great one?), and was a great crosser of the ball.

I cant see how Del Horno was mishandled. From what I remember he played every game when fit when there was a lot better player on the pitch in Wayne Bridge. Thought the bloke was shocking personally.

I also aknowledge the Boulahrouz performance against Ronaldinho, but how many times did he put in performances like that out of all the games he played for us?

Mmmm is it ok to say frank leboeuf ?

Wasn't mad about him myself, although that is from the perspective that he was a world cup winner and he was playing in a good side. Spent too much time on his arse than is desirable for a centre half.

Agree to a point on Boularouz, but not on Del Ohno

Del Horno was brought in to replace Bridge, handed every opportunity and was just not the right kind of defender for this league. I didnt like him from day one because he was replacing one of my favorite players, but its gotta be said he was a failure on his own merits. The guy shouldve never been bought in the first place, and for that I do blame Jose, but he looked lost when it came to defending in this league. He never adapted, and it was far from a shock that he was gone in a year

The enduring memory I have of the little basque boy was of kicking lumps out of Leo Messi. So maybe it wasnt all bad.

Archived