Kalou

If your looking for criticism your looking to the wrong topic.

Turned around his season and chelseas in my opinion, a suprise yes but a welcome one.

I my spelling is crap sorry its the beer.

Cheers guys lets enhjoy it while it lasts.

Frankie for captain of england.......................................

I was very hard on Kalou for much of the season, and I will now officially eat crow, since his performances for the last 6 games or so has been nothing short of spectacular. Do we want to keep him next season? I don't know, but at least he has made a very good case for himself.

Kalou has been magnificent recently. Showed real heart. As I said in MOM, a month ago he'd be the first one on his bike. His genuine desire has won me over, he as chased down everything for us today and last week he has tracked back and done everything right. If he could score from anywhere other than 2m out in front I'd say he could be a real favourite in the future. Consistancy could reveal a genuinely class player.

I hope he has goes away and has a brilliant world cup, and comes back to us brimming with confidence and continues this excellent current form. I've never been a harsh critic of Kalou, sure when he makes his mistake I will make a comment, but I do with any player. I've always seen the talent that Kalou obviously posseses, but he's never had his head right. Hopefully now that has changed.

I was very hard on Kalou for much of the season, and I will now officially eat crow, since his performances for the last 6 games or so has been nothing short of spectacular. Do we want to keep him next season? I don't know, but at least he has made a very good case for himself.

Agreed.

Bring him back as long as we keeping using him in this role

He is not a player to rely on to pull some kind of magic out, but when the team is doing well he does well.

He has definitely had a very good late season and has changed my mind to some degree. He is still wasteful at times, but is scoring and creating and thats all you can ask of him.

I have never been keen on selling him as long as he is content with being a squad player. If he has hopes of becoming a first team regular then he needs tio move on but if he is content with playing around 25 games a season with a number of them being off the bench then he is a useful asset to have. A damn sight more useful than someone like Ngog or Bendtner.!

Kalou has been exceptional the past few weeks. I personally hope he stays, he's clearly happy to be a squad player, he's a useful asset to have down the right as he really can beat players with ease.

Saloman KALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

I have never been keen on selling him as long as he is content with being a squad player. If he has hopes of becoming a first team regular then he needs tio move on but if he is content with playing around 25 games a season with a number of them being off the bench then he is a useful asset to have. A damn sight more useful than someone like Ngog or Bendtner.!

Agreed, mate. He obviously loves Chelsea, you only need see his reaction after Moscow. If he's happy to stay on as a squad player, there are certainly many worse we could have

remember Malouda was also doubtful last season, and this year he showed everything he got. With Kalou is it the same I believe he has a great potential to become a very good player, awsome speed and agility, he has only 25 years I think, remember his big goals in important games... I think we should stick with him :)

I've been harsh on Kalou, mainly stating that he occasionally has a good game, but they are few and far between, and that he simply wasn't up to Chelsea standards. I would have had no problems with selling him...

But I have been astonished by his recent form....he's getting in space, using his speed, and what's more...finishing!

And he's young enough to suggest he may yet have a big future at the club. Credit to the lad, because he seems to love Chelsea and love playing football.

I don't think we will let him go after we win the league and a likely double by this Saturday. He's been in good form in the last few matches, able to take on defenders, run into some nice channels and score some nice goals. I believe he's not still not the finished product to be a regular first team player (especially we expect 1-2 big signings this summer). However, if it doesn't break, dont fix it, so I'm happy to see him at the Bridge next season.

Kalou has been pretty bi-polar really. One week the f**ker's brilliant, next the little guy couldn't hit the net if his life depended on it. Seems to have worked a lot better since things spread out in the 4-3-3. Perhaps thats the magic tonic here, I dunno. But what I do know is I'd like to see a little more consistency from him. Ya can't argue though that his play has been stellar down the stretch these last few months.

Kalou has been exceptional the past few weeks. I personally hope he stays, he's clearly happy to be a squad player, he's a useful asset to have down the right as he really can beat players with ease.

Saloman KALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

:431:

Guest Sindre

I have certainly been one of his biggest critics, but the last few weeks he has been immense. Runs past players instead of right into them, puts the ball into the net instead of ShedEnd, and creates quite a lot of chances for team-mates aswell. His goal yesterday was pure class.

Im actually starting to like the idea of him staying at the club next season. Could be very usefull as a squadplayer, and even a starter if his progression continues. Fair play to the lad.

A good squad player BUT not sufficiently reliable when the pressure is on. There is no denying that his recent contributions have been top class, however I'm sure we can all think back to occasions when he's missed crucial chances which could have had serious consequences. Will Chelsea want to keep him? Probably yes but a fit Joe Cole is a better bet in the CL scenario.

Kalou has been a key player in our squad for 4 years now, he's scored 25 goals in 112 league games, not bad at all for a 3rd/4th choice striker.

But what I like about him is he is always smiling, he never moans about being on the bench, he runs and runs and runs and runs and runs, he just doesnt stop, his workrate is very Bison like.

Kalou has been a key player in our squad for 4 years now, he's scored 25 goals in 112 league games, not bad at all for a 3rd/4th choice striker.

But what I like about him is he is always smiling, he never moans about being on the bench, he runs and runs and runs and runs and runs, he just doesnt stop, his workrate is very Bison like.

I would agree with all of that other than the bit about him being a key player.

Key players are players who you can't really do without and although he has had a good run of late he is the sort of player you don't really miss when he's not about.

But fair play to him, he has made a decent contribution over the past couple of months and whereas I would have got rid of him without question back at the January window, I'm not so sure now.

I would agree with all of that other than the bit about him being a key player.

Key players are players who you can't really do without and although he has had a good run of late he is the sort of player you don't really miss when he's not about.

I said a key player in the squad, not actually a key player in the first XI.

His goal yesterday was great. MOM for me just because he was the only one to play his best right from the start. Unfortunately will never be a reliable finisher and has no defensive ability. i would keep him.

Agree with Loz. I was one of those who wanted him out of Chelsea as quickly as possible so that he does not hinder the progress of the younger strikers like Studge, Borini et al by eating up their playing time but in the last month or so he has been a good backup and has made positive contribution. I would keep him for one more season just to give a different dimension to our attack from the bench. Whereas if he starts moaning about regular starting position, he can take the first train to wherever he can get his wish.

Kalou has been a strange player here for the whole time hes been with us,

He has always looked to have real potential but never quite made the step up, he has always looked to be very quick but often strayed offside when his pace would have got him where he needed to be had he timed it right,

He has always had quick feet although often lost the ball in one on one situations.

He has always appeared to miss alot of chances but on the flip side he does have a decent knack of being in the right place to get those chances,

There is also the facts that

He has never complained and always run his legs off when hes been brought on no matter how late in a game,

He has pooped up with some important goals and never looks overawed by the occasion no matter who the opposition,

He seems confident in his ability without being at all big headed and is by his own admission still learning a lot from the likes of Drogba,

He has shown in the last few weeks that he can - given a run of games, be a valued member of the team and his addition and his form have been a big factor in us winning this title.

That alone tells me if he is willing to knuckle down the way he always has he deserves another season to see if he is just a late developer, I like the boys attitude and to do what hes done at the business end of the season should be enough to earn him not only a bit more of all our respect but another season with the Champions.

Edited by Chippy

Kalou has been a strange player here for the whole time hes been with us,

He has always looked to have real potential but never quite made the step up, he has always looked to be very quick but often strayed offside when his pace would have got him where he needed to be had he timed it right,

He has always had quick feet although often lost the ball in one on one situations.

He has always appeared to miss alot of chances but on the flip side he does have a decent knack of being in the right place to get those chances,

There is also the facts that

He has never complained and always run his legs off when hes been brought on no matter how late in a game,

He has pooped up with some important goals and never looks overawed by the occasion no matter who the opposition,

He seems confident in his ability without being at all big headed and is by his own admission still learning a lot from the likes of Drogba,

He has shown in the last few weeks that he can - given a run of games, be a valued member of the team and his addition and his form have been a big factor in us winning this title.

That alone tells me if he is willing to knuckle down the way he always has he deserves another season to see if he is just a late developer, I like the boys attitude and to do what hes done at the business end of the season should be enough to earn him not only a bit more of all our respect but another season with the Champions.

*Chippy and Bluenut in agreement shocker*